Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Any players who come in don't seem to integrate into the club at all. Answer these questions

What does it mean to play for Aston Villa?

Which players at the club are Villa men and create an identity for the club?

I feel we have been drained as a club throughout the poisonous Lerner era. We are now seen as that pathetic team that got relegated without a fight when Leicester won the league. Who represents the club? Agbonlahor? He shit all over us last season and its detrimental to keep him around the place. We are the polar opposite of Southampton, they can sign managers and players and they always seem to step up and perform to a high standard.

Just now, PatrickCousens said:

This season is now a write off, other than trying to stay up. I don't see the point in sacking him now. If the form doesn't improve over the next 4 or 5 games then sure but now is not the time to pull the trigger. 

What real difference will 4 or 5 games make?

What have you see to suggest things will change in 4 or 5 games?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

This season is now a write off, other than trying to stay up. I don't see the point in sacking him now. If the form doesn't improve over the next 4 or 5 games then sure but now is not the time to pull the trigger. 

IMO.  Your first sentence fully answers the question raised in your second.    

• Like 2

I don't think it was the fear of losing today.... we created 22 chances and had the better of possession, certainly in the first half we bossed it. 9 shots on target to 1 and they won one bloody nil.

We just yet again did not take our chances. Although in fairness we did this at home to Preston and still threw away a 2 goal lead.

Right had enough Villa misery for one day. I need a few days off to get miserable for Tuesday. UTV.

58 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

What real difference will 4 or 5 games make?

What have you see to suggest things will change in 4 or 5 games?

Well, speaking hypothetically of course, it would make a lot of difference if we won, say, three of them. 

But I suppose it probably is true that half of the forum would still want him sacked even if results did improve. My experience is that once you've lost people they tend to stay lost. 

23 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I don't think it was the fear of losing today.... we created 22 chances and had the better of possession, certainly in the first half we bossed it. 9 shots on target to 1 and they won one bloody nil.

We just yet again did not take our chances. Although in fairness we did this at home to Preston and still threw away a 2 goal lead.

Right had enough Villa misery for one day. I need a few days off to get miserable for Tuesday. UTV.

Make sure your back for Tuesday, can't have a full week off from misery.

I think he deserves until the end of the season unless we are in serious danger of going down.

Yesterdays 1 shot on target and 1 goal for Ipswich demonstrates that. Birmingham hit wednesdays post three times yet Wednesday won 3-0.

I know it sounds pathetic and don't get me wrong Bruce's tactics are very questionable at the moment but I do think we continue to be very unlucky and are suffering from this transition we are going through. Bruce got us unbeaten for 7-8 games and picked up some wins with what we would all say is a worse squad than now. Let's give him a bit longer to find a solution to these new players. They are now after all little fishes in a big pond rather than the other way around.

What also makes me think he deserves a bit of time is the football played by other teams doing well. Wednesday fans will admit they have been very poor in recent games and managing to win despite playing badly. Some fans even want Carlos gone because they can't get past this. Leeds style of football has been awful for most of the season yet look where they are. I don't buy this "Monk has got them playing well". He hasn't they've been very lucky and Chris Wood for some reason has the magic touch despite being ridiculed by fans last season.The wheels are starting to come off now.Derby Norwich have also had awful runs in this league. 

The problem is we have a history of losing we are striving to get away from. So when we play badly it turns into defeat. We are used to knowing the outcome and that includes the players. Pathetic but valid IMO. That can't be an excuse from now on because of our big turnaround of players but Bruce deserves time to get these new players gelling. yes a lot of that is based on his managerial history of promotions however it is also based on the opinion that football isn't always black and white. 

Just ask Claudio Ranieri.

• Like 1

I was OK with retaining him til the summer while we searched for a suitable replacement. Or even better if we managed to find our target and acquire before the season ends.

But with the form we're in now we really can't afford to keep him around much longer. We are in free fall and Bruce seem to have fallen into the pattern of so many other managers under pressure by going too cautious hoping not to lose rather than going for the win.

He's become a coward and this reflects on the selections and how we play, where safety first is what matters.

Would not be the first team to fall right through the system, and with Bruce we are in real danger of doing so.

Throwing more time and money at him will not fix the problem, just prolong our misery. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

He needs time, we can't keep chopping every 5 minutes we need stability, for better or worse we have Bruce. I would however review Calderwood we've not won since he joined, has he put noses out of joint? 

We really don't need stability just for the sake of it. 

• Like 2

This guy is pretty much where Xia is with Villa.

People probably said he was daft to buy Aston Villa. 

With Di Matteo it failed, with Bruce it's failing, but we have some sort of foundation for the 3rd or 4th manager to build from and maybe go up.

Bruce needs to go thou, now or in the summer.

• Like 1

I wouldn't sack Bruce yet but as I said before he has until the end of the season to show us something. The only thing he has shown us so far is that he can spend alot of money. He hasn't shown any tactical ability at all or any idea how to set up a team. There's no positive playing style and no plan. 

• Like 1

Â