Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I thought this quite a defining game today.....certainly one we should not have lost.

It just seems that every decision we make, turns against us....Players leave and do well

• McCormack scoring
  • Robinson scoring
  • Clark making his mark.

It seems we just can't seem to get anything right.

funny McCormacks attitude is held back for us but liberated for them;)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Bruce is already too afraid to try and win the game in case we lose so sets us out not to lose, which is incredibly negative and defeatist.

we've seen it with Mcleish, lambert, sherwood, garden and now Bruce.

its a sign for me that the job is too big for them and they cannot handle the expectation of the fans and club.

That is part of the problem. Which is why I think going for someone like Rowett is equally bad. We probably need a foreign appointment next. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I thought this quite a defining game today.....certainly one we should not have lost.

It just seems that every decision we make, turns against us....Players leave and do well

• McCormack scoring
  • Robinson scoring
  • Clark making his mark.

It seems we just can't seem to get anything right.

funny McCormacks attitude is held back for us but liberated for them;)

I think that's an indicator of the mental issues surrounding the club. I'm not at all defending Bruce, but I don't think it's a coincidence that players often do better elsewhere.

Put it this way, if McCormack, Robinson and Clark were in the team right now you can bet they wouldn't be putting in very good performances.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I think that's an indicator of the mental issues surrounding the club. I'm not at all defending Bruce, but I don't think it's a coincidence that players often do better elsewhere.

Put it this way, if McCormack, Robinson and Clark were in the team right now you can bet they wouldn't be putting in very good performances.

I totally agree.

burning question......what is causing this mental issue?

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

We are not hard to beat. We don't dominate the ball. We don't create and we don't score goals!

He persists with a dreadful goalkeeper that shouldn't be in the first team picture. 

Mark Warburton will do well in his next job. Personally, I would get him now before someone else does. 

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I totally agree.

Are we inventing conspiracy theories to paper over the obvious?Bruce is failing!Best job hes ever had best backing hes ever had and he dont know how to put a finished product on the field.

• Like 3

This is the most damning thing I can say of Bruce.

Sherwood would be doing a much better job. Look at the state of our squad! It's preposterously strong.

Tim would have us flying forward willy nilly, and we'd concede, but we'd be bagging three or four a game with these team. Against the dross in this league!

Steve, attack for ****'s sake.

I'm so bored of fat managers. I just want to look coached. Someone who looks at it, and just goes Christ, we are miles better than these on Saturday. And we go out on the from foot, and stuff the shit out of them.

A foreign biggish name if we can attract one may not be the worst idea as they'll look at the likes of Barnsley, Reading, whoever and know we're better. I can only think Bruce is putting extra doubt into players mind's now.

All these expensive players will be useless once they've had the confidence drained out of them. We need to stop this freefall and end the season with some performances. Then in the summer, I'm afraid, find a new manager.

Footnote: I do not want Tim Sherwood near this club again.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

I totally agree.

I think it's an accumulation of things, mainly just years of decline. When we've looked like we might be able to push on (end of 10/11, end of 12/13, end of 14/15 and when Bruce first came in this season), we've never been able to.

7 minutes ago, 1974Centenary said:

Are we inventing conspiracy theories to paper over the obvious?Bruce is failing!Best job hes ever had best backing hes ever had and he dont know how to put a finished product on the field.

Are you even reading people's posts? Nobody is "inventing conspiracy theories" and not one of us here is trying to excuse the abysmal job Bruce is doing. I've explicitly pointed out several times in fact that Bruce is doing crap and that I'm not defending him so I don't know where you got this from.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

This is the most damning thing I can say of Bruce.

Sherwood would be doing a much better job. Look at the state of our squad! It's preposterously strong.

Tim would have us flying forward willy nilly, and we'd concede, but we'd be bagging three or four a game with these team. Against the dross in this league!

Steve, attack for ****'s sake.

I'm so bored of fat managers. I just want to look coached. Someone who looks at it, and just goes Christ, we are miles better than these on Saturday. And we go out on the from foot, and stuff the shit out of them.

A foreign biggish name if we can attract one may not be the worst idea as they'll look at the likes of Barnsley, Reading, whoever and know we're better. I can only think Bruce is putting extra doubt into players mind's now.

All these expensive players will be useless once they've had the confidence drained out of them. We need to stop this freefall and end the season with some performances. Then in the summer, I'm afraid, find a new manager.

Footnote: I do not want Tim Sherwood near this club again.

Thing is, we tried a biggish foreign name last year (as biggish as we could attract)....

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

I totally agree.

I don't think it is a mental issue. I think in terms of this season the amount of changes hasn't helped any player like it would if they were just slotting into an established team. If we look at McCormack now he has gone to Forest I'd guess he slotted into a pretty regular 11 or at least certainly not one containing 6 or 7 others making their debuts.

I am not using this as an excuse for saying lets stick with a manager for the sake of continuity but the facts are we had a huge overhaul in the summer with a turnover of over 20 players, that squad then had to get to know a new manager and new coaches. Twelve games down the line after a dire start it was decided to change the manager. We therefore had a new manager and new coaches working with what was still a new squad and trying to get their methods across without the luxury of a pre season.

Four months on we saw another half a dozen players leave and half a dozen come straight into the side. What we have now found in February is that we have had two thirds of a season of zero continuity, both in terms of playing staff and manager/coaches, and surprise surprise we look a disjointed mess. Aside from Baker and Chester no partnerships have been formed on the pitch.

I don't know what the exact answer is but I do know that the problem won't be solved overnight and it won't be solved by shipping another load of players out and more in. In terms of personnel we now need some continuity. We need time to allow players to develop understandings and for partnerships on the pitch to be formed. For the likes of Lansbury and Hourihane to build up a relationship, likewise Hogan and Kodjia.

I don't know whether that should to be allowed to happen under Bruce but if we do change manager again now be prepared that he will need time to mould a group of individually very good players for this level into a team.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I **** hate 3-5-2, unless you've got a genius Italian manager and not a bunch of Championship cloggers in the team.  

3-5.2 could work but not if you pick Hutton at right wing back

19 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

We are not hard to beat. We don't dominate the ball. We don't create and we don't score goals!

He persists with a dreadful goalkeeper that shouldn't be in the first team picture. 

Mark Warburton will do well in his next job. Personally, I would get him now before someone else does. 

We seem to concede goals to almost every shot on our goal  recently and yet fail to put our chances away - hugely frustrating and to be honest I can see Barnsley turning us over on Tuesday night as they are playing well and full of belief.

• Like 1

3-5-2 sucks. Failed at forest and failed today dump this shite formation. 

The midfield is not working I would have kept tishbola and got rid of gardner. Tish could play jedinak role. 

And that bjarson looks way out of his depth. Another international flop we have signed

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Off topic in this thread I realise, but Bjarnason's performance in today's game was head and shoulders above anything we saw from Tshibola this season.

I think that's questionable. Looked out of his depth again. 

Tshibola scored and played well against Newcastle. 

21 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I think it's an accumulation of things, mainly just years of decline. When we've looked like we might be able to push on (end of 10/11, end of 12/13, end of 14/15 and when Bruce first came in this season), we've never been able to.

Are you even reading people's posts? Nobody is "inventing conspiracy theories" and not one of us here is trying to excuse the abysmal job Bruce is doing. I've explicitly pointed out several times in fact that Bruce is doing crap and that I'm not defending him so I don't know where you got this from.

Im not reading your posts or even replying to them,try reading posts.

Â