Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

24 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I don't think it is a mental issue. I think in terms of this season the amount of changes hasn't helped any player like it would if they were just slotting into an established team. If we look at McCormack now he has gone to Forest I'd guess he slotted into a pretty regular 11 or at least certainly not one containing 6 or 7 others making their debuts.

I am not using this as an excuse for saying lets stick with a manager for the sake of continuity but the facts are we had a huge overhaul in the summer with a turnover of over 20 players, that squad then had to get to know a new manager and new coaches. Twelve games down the line after a dire start it was decided to change the manager. We therefore had a new manager and new coaches working with what was still a new squad and trying to get their methods across without the luxury of a pre season.

Four months on we saw another half a dozen players leave and half a dozen come straight into the side. What we have now found in February is that we have had two thirds of a season of zero continuity, both in terms of playing staff and manager/coaches, and surprise surprise we look a disjointed mess. Aside from Baker and Chester no partnerships have been formed on the pitch.

I don't know what the exact answer is but I do know that the problem won't be solved overnight and it won't be solved by shipping another load of players out and more in. In terms of personnel we now need some continuity. We need time to allow players to develop understandings and for partnerships on the pitch to be formed. For the likes of Lansbury and Hourihane to build up a relationship, likewise Hogan and Kodjia.

I don't know whether that should to be allowed to happen under Bruce but if we do change manager again now be prepared that he will need time to mould a group of individually very good players for this level into a team.

My brother- in - law went today..... said much the same Mark.

15 minutes ago, 1974Centenary said:

Im not reading your posts or even replying to them,try reading posts.

Seems you didn't read TRO's post either. Not once was he "inventing conspiracies" or trying to excuse Bruce's shit management.

Starting with 5 at the back again sent a message of fear of the opposition. I just hope Bruce grows a pair and goes for it in the next game.Start with Amavi or Green and Bacuna or Adomah,  3 at the back or.........change the formation. The back 3 central defenders never worked, their not effective defensively and an extra one there means the midfield is one short. For their goal Baker got drawn out to double up with Chester, this left us short in the middle, add that to the fact Ephick let his man get in front of him and bang a goal.

Be very interesting to see what Bruce has to say about the game, the formation and his player selection to combat Ipswich. We have to back Bruce but its beginning to  smell of desperation. 

We're not jinxed, its just a big job. The failures over the last 3-4 years make us the hardest job in English football. The fans expect more, history shows we should have more, the owner pumps money in for more and the results must come or the pressure mounts. Its not that Bruce is a bad manager, its just going to take a great manager to get us out of this hole.

This means those that are selecting the manager have to be true football people who know what it takes to create a winning management team. We can't get a top top manager, we need to look for one that will become great, they are out there and they will be performing now. They will have a team of coaches and a method of playing, training and motivating the players to perform.

Blame? The people who are selecting the managers have failed again, its here where the root of a problem exists. They took the easy choices, the one that wasn't a gamble for them professionally, with RDM and Bruce. They keep their job because on paper the manager looks credible, but we are a team that has a  stature rivaling the top 6 of the premier league that and the position we are in, the manager has to be very very special. UTV

On 08/02/2017 at 23:19, Demitri_C said:

So he gets us promoted then we reward him by sacking him? You see how ridiculous that sounds?

I'd rather reward hard work then punish him. We are not small heath.

We wouldn't be the first or the last club to do so. What sounds ridiculous is your idea of him somehow being punished. He would get a nice golden handshake and another job at a noddy football club. Loyalty and sentiment went out of the window years ago in football and after today's turgid showing he might not even be around long enough to take us up.

Who was it that said football is a simple game.....

I wasnt really an advocate of Bruce for the job and in recent weeks it looks like the wheels have completely come off. We do need to have some stability at the club but you cannot just have stability for stability sake.

The problem is that Bruce looks like a man completely out of his depth which is a bizarre thing to say about a man who has spent as much time in the game and played most of it at the very top. I am not sure he has played the same eleven two games running, doesn't appear to have any idea how he can change the game once it's started without what appears to be totally irrational substitutions. Tactics seems to be some mints you buy at the supermarket.

I don't see the owner making a change in Feb but if we are still winless in March I would have thought the doc and Round might have to think about the unthinkable.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mykeyb said:

Who was it that said football is a simple game.....

I wasnt really an advocate of Bruce for the job and in recent weeks it looks like the wheels have completely come off. We do need to have some stability at the club but you cannot just have stability for stability sake.

The problem is that Bruce looks like a man completely out of his depth which is a bizarre thing to say about a man who has spent as much time in the game and played most of it at the very top. I am not sure he has played the same eleven two games running, doesn't appear to have any idea how he can change the game once it's started without what appears to be totally irrational substitutions. Tactics seems to be some mints you buy at the supermarket.

I don't see the owner making a change in Feb but if we are still winless in March I would have thought the doc and Round might have to think about the unthinkable.

Bizarre substitutions to try and win games when he would  be better served picking the right team in the first place .

• Like 1

He scraped some steady points together when he first came with the players he inherited, but ever since he has started to chop and change and bring in his own staff and players we have been utterly shocking..................

BRUCE OUT  ------->

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I thought this quite a defining game today.....certainly one we should not have lost.

It just seems that every decision we make, turns against us....Players leave and do well

• McCormack scoring
  • Robinson scoring
  • Clark making his mark.

It seems we just can't seem to get anything right.

funny McCormacks attitude is held back for us but liberated for them;)

In terms of players doing well post Villa you can add Lowton and Albrighton to that list and I suspect Westwood in the future. We certainly have previous in not getting the best out of our players under a variety of managers and the vitriol on this forum over certain players has been ridiculous.

i just wish we could somehow reboot the whole training and coaching. We have great squad of players but somehow we get turned over again and again by bang average championship sides week in week out. The truth is we remain an easy three points for too many sides.

In a bad run of form?

Just wait for the game versus Aston Villa, you will turn a corner!

Just one last point on which I might not find much agreement on, and not just being made as he scored today but I do think his treatment of McCormack was wrong and was never going to work for the good of the club.

After reading quite a bit over the last few weeks about Sir Graham I doubt he would have done the same as Bruce, he would have talked to the player identified the issues and worked through them and retained the respect of the player into the bargain.

Still had the use of the player on match day too.

• Like 2

Â