Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, TheStagMan said:

Yes, in the same way being punched in the face is better than being kicked in the nuts!

Jesus, that is terrible! Can't believe he has a net spend approaching 100m !!!!

In fairness the Bruce (tin hat on) That probably includes Joelinton for 40 million who was bought before Bruce was appointed when they didn't have a manager.

19 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

In fairness the Bruce (tin hat on) That probably includes Joelinton for 40 million who was bought before Bruce was appointed when they didn't have a manager.

He signed after Bruce was appointed, clearly not a Bruce signing but he did have quotes praising him 😂

He did spend big wages though on free agents Hendrick and Fraser who were out of contract 

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

He signed after Bruce was appointed, clearly not a Bruce signing but he did have quotes praising him 😂

He did spend big wages though on free agents Hendrick and Fraser who were out of contract 

Hendrick :crylaugh:

Can you imagine who we would have signed if we'd got promoted under him and Xia?

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47z4o2wt1y03xeuw1w4

10 hours ago, QldVilla said:

Don’t agree with this. Sport has always evolved, it’s whether you have the resources available to you as a coach to evolve. Ferguson was an old school coach and still out coached modern day coaches because he evolved and had the resources to do so.

Sport science is an important factor, but it still comes down to man management and being tactically astute.

Fergie constantly upgraded his back room staff in order to stay relevant and up to date with coaching methods. I don't think a lot of managers do this for some reason. Potentially as a lot of managers don't have the history of success to fall back on and justify why they don't need to be doing this stuff and avoid challenge. I reckon a lot of owners would also question why am I paying you so much when you're not doing the technical stuff, why can't I just get your number 2 to do it instead? 

Fergie also retired 8 or 9 years ago so doesn't really fit the point KMitch made about how much football has evolved in the last 10 years. Even Jose appears to be struggling to keep up to date with the modern game. 

38 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Fergie constantly upgraded his back room staff in order to stay relevant and up to date with coaching methods. I don't think a lot of managers do this for some reason. Potentially as a lot of managers don't have the history of success to fall back on and justify why they don't need to be doing this stuff and avoid challenge. I reckon a lot of owners would also question why am I paying you so much when you're not doing the technical stuff, why can't I just get your number 2 to do it instead? 

Fergie also retired 8 or 9 years ago so doesn't really fit the point KMitch made about how much football has evolved in the last 10 years. Even Jose appears to be struggling to keep up to date with the modern game. 

Fergie was an example, but all coaches grow and develop, its not just the last 10 years, some don't get opportunities, or have money to work with talented players. My opinion of Bruce is the game past him by a few years ago, but doesn't make him a bad manager. If an elite manager had the Newcastle squad to work with would they be breaking into the top 4, no, maybe top 10 just, but that would be about it.

KMitch was making the point that sport science was why Bruce wasn't good enough and it couldn't be farther from the truth. An an elite level there's no difference between the sports departments, only how much money you get to use and in Newcastle's case they would have an average budget which isn't the fault of Bruce, but the previous owner who ran the club into the ground. People may not be fans of Bruce as a manager, but he's not a bad manager, just an average one.

Woodgate, who won eight England caps, added: "The way Steve Bruce has been treated has been disgusting. This is a manager with his 1,000th game, that is a sign of a successful manager, showing the longevity in the game.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58931179

Oh my God. He's statistically the worst manager in the top flight ever and has chucked a load of dough at it and is in the relegation zone. STFU.

He's shite!!!

Where’s he going next then? He will be sacked soon enough. My money’s on Middlesbrough, not too far away and the perfect sort of club for Bruce. They won’t expect attractive football, he can steady them at the back, and if they’re really lucky he’ll sign them a few expensive journeymen and they’ll have a crack at the playoffs. Maybe even getting top six, before falling away to 8th at the end of the season. Which of course will be progress, and a good finish for them 😒

32 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Where’s he going next then? He will be sacked soon enough. My money’s on Middlesbrough, not too far away and the perfect sort of club for Bruce. They won’t expect attractive football, he can steady them at the back, and if they’re really lucky he’ll sign them a few expensive journeymen and they’ll have a crack at the playoffs. Maybe even getting top six, before falling away to 8th at the end of the season. Which of course will be progress, and a good finish for them 😒

Boro have Warnock so more of the same.  I believe Bruce is still Midlands based so I expect the unwashed might be interested to save them from relegation.

3 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Boro have Warnock so more of the same.  I believe Bruce is still Midlands based so I expect the unwashed might be interested to save them from relegation.

Sure he is a landlord in the area

Honestly think he'll retire from management and just do pundit work from time to time.

He's been a manager for 25 years now, managed likes of us and his hometown club and I think early 60s so while football management is a form of a drug think he should pack it in as he's certainly made more than enough from pay offs.

if you listen to stories that may or may not be true, internally i have seen stories that he is actually a nice guy and cares about his players etc.

In the media though, the things he comes out with and the way he speaks makes him really....really unlikeable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Imagine being a grown man and being on the front page of the BBC, crying that people aren't nice to your old man. What a **** banter family.

It won't actually upset him. He'll just be doing all he can to ensure that his dad doesn't get painted as useless and gets hired again. That way he'll get an extra million or two inheritance. It's pure media manipulation and PR spin. I also wouldn't be surprised if he got paid for that article. 

Â