Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

To be fair to Bruce he picked an attacking line up yesterday!  Just does not know how to coach them to attack.

2 right backs on the bench but none in the starting line up 😂

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

they'll shithouse their way to survival again this year

100%. But we shouldn’t complain. The better Bruce does, the longer he will be kept in a job where Ashley’s sole aim is to keep them in the league. He still won’t get anywhere near Europe, so will keep one of our rivals battling for mediocrity while us and others strive to improve long term.

• Like 2

I find it both amusing and staggering to watch history repeat again with Bruce and see the same old lines trotted out.

Remarkable the managerial career the guys had given how limited he is but I guess as long as your face fits once you are on the merry-go-round the ticket lasts a while.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I find it both amusing and staggering to watch history repeat again with Bruce and see the same old lines trotted out.

Remarkable the managerial career the guys had given how limited he is but I guess as long as your face fits once you are on the merry-go-round the ticket lasts a while.

He seems to have lasted longer than most. For example, Mark Hughes, Alan Pardew and Shteve McLaren have been found out and haven't been hired by a PL team for years. Brucie's last 2 jobs were huge ones and I imagine some poor sod like West Brom will hire him once this weird romance with Newcastle is over.

13 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He seems to have lasted longer than most. For example, Mark Hughes, Alan Pardew and Shteve McLaren have been found out and haven't been hired by a PL team for years. Brucie's last 2 jobs were huge ones and I imagine some poor sod like West Brom will hire him once this weird romance with Newcastle is over.

Steve is a nice guy he interviews well and players like him. That's all it takes sometimes.

All the above are absolute rocket polishers who dont know how to 'play the game'

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Zatman said:

players like him up to a point but if they are ambitious he isnt the manager for them. He might have been a good manager for Terry at 37 but at 27 he wouldnt have tolerated his style

I've only ever heard positive things about him from players. For a certain sort of player he's ideal, stick by you, give you simple enough instructions and won't ask too much in training. Not every single player wants to train that hard, or be the best and for those sorts he's ideal.

But surely England has to have some better managers than Steve Bruce? There has to be some in the championship who deserve a premiership job over this.

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

players like him up to a point but if they are ambitious he isnt the manager for them. He might have been a good manager for Terry at 37 but at 27 he wouldnt have tolerated his style

Exactly, no wonder the players love him. He doesn't sign young, ambitious talent, he signs mostly journeymen, has-beens and never-will-bees on huge contracts - I bet they cannot believe their luck.

Edited by TheStagMan

The list of people (within the game) who talk fondly of Bruce far outweigh those who dislike him, or so it appears to me.

I think some people just can’t get over the fact that he’s ex-Blues and had the temerity to give a bit back to villa fans who were and had been calling for his head for some time, that’s not even taking into account the stuff that went beyond football and into the personal space.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

The list of people (within the game) who talk fondly of Bruce far outweigh those who dislike him, or so it appears to me.

I think some people just can’t get over the fact that he’s ex-Blues and had the temerity to give a bit back to villa fans who were and had been calling for his head for some time, that’s not even taking into account the stuff that went beyond football and into the personal space.

I partially agree. I don’t think people are bothered about the ex-blues thing in general. An awful lot of our fans got their knickers in a huge twist when they were slating him for weeks (often in extremely personal ways) and he had a little mini pop back at them. Complete outrage and he’ll never be forgiven.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

I partially agree. I don’t think people are bothered about the ex-blues thing in general. An awful lot of our fans got their knickers in a huge twist when they were slating him for weeks (often in extremely personal ways) and he had a little mini pop back at them. Complete outrage and he’ll never be forgiven.

The SHA thing bothered me, a lot in fact when we hired him.

Maybe I’m judging people by my own low standards but I’d be surprised if it had no bearing.

Same as ginger bollocks, being shit bothered me far more than being ex blues 

There's a lot of unknowns with new managers, it can go a lot of different ways, deep down football is full of hope and unrealistic to the point of unfair expectation but with mcleish and Bruce though you knew which way it was going you knew what we were getting, shit boring going nowhere pointless football 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Alex McLeish got a lot worse treatment while dealt a shit hand compared to Bruce. He acted with dignity and has since then

Bruce did have to deal with both of his parents dying as well as being called everything under the sun by our fans.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

The SHA thing bothered me, a lot in fact when we hired him.

Maybe I’m judging people by my own low standards but I’d be surprised if it had no bearing.

Never understood why that matters. We had an ex blues player who later signed for Villa and became an absolute legend of the club

Â