Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, Genie said:

Another lucky 4-1 away win, can’t believe this guy :lol: 

Another?

They deserved that. Bournemouth put in a disgraceful performance.

I think credit to the jawdies, they never turned on him, never even had that many stay aways, compare that to west ham who have a better squad and should be comfortably mid table but are horrifically underperforming - that's a club in turmoil, look at us when we went down or sunderland when they went down - that hasn't happened up there so fair play to them, same with the players, they haven't disappeared and robbed the club of a living whilst everyone rages at Ashley, something that even the likes of utd and arsenal have been guilty of at times this season

the players sticking to it is Bruce, the other side of football, the mental side of it, makes or breaks teams and is very underrated

the cesspit and cauldron of hate and boo boys stuff predicted pre season has never actually happened

Edited by villa4europe

18 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Benitez build all the foundations for him.

After years in Benitez system they know the art of defending. It's been printed in their DNA.

After years on VT I’ve learned that Steve Bruce can’t be given credit for anything. There’s always another reason why he does well. 

It’s astonishing how lucky a completely incompetent manager has been to be honest 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

After years on VT I’ve learned that Steve Bruce can’t be given credit for anything. There’s always another reason why he does well. 

It’s astonishing how lucky a completely incompetent manager has been to be honest 

He's done brilliant this season. Just pointing out what a fantastic job Benitez did with them.

Fair play to Bruce, interesting Newcastle seem to be a team playing better without the fans

I think if they go back to how they played before the break they will struggle next season 

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Fair play to Bruce, interesting Newcastle seem to be a team playing better without the fans

I'm surprised this hasn't happened with us to be honest. I always suspected the home atmosphere isn't a particularly nice one to play in when things aren't going well.

But if anything we've gotten worse

Edited by Stevo985

Fair play to the big guy, he's done an excellent job with them this season. Not sure where they go from here but I imagine this is as good as it gets for the club while Ashley is still there.

21 minutes ago, penguin said:

He’s excellent when the expectations are low at slightly punching his weight.

He was a fish out of water with us when you’re favourites almost every game you go into.

The way he used to set up against top 6 sides was so criminal. It's like he didn't realize we were also a top 6 side!

To be fair if he didn’t let his ego take over to leave us in a mess he would have probably go us promoted last season. He was looking for the sack as soon as the previous season ended.  The takeover enabled him to get some big loans in so fair play to him for that.

A manager that is renounced for how solid his teams are does not start a season with no fully fit centre halves.  

He knew what he was doing.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

On 02/07/2020 at 12:49, Zatman said:

I think if they go back to how they played before the break they will struggle next season 

They would have given us a better game if they had a home crowd. 

On 02/07/2020 at 12:56, Stevo985 said:

I'm surprised this hasn't happened with us to be honest. I always suspected the home atmosphere isn't a particularly nice one to play in when things aren't going well.

But if anything we've gotten worse

How home record isn’t that bad. It’s our away record that has destroyed us. So far we’ve only played one and and got a decent point. 

Sorry, "poison" was a bit strong. I lost someone close to me last month, and I'm struggling to cope at the moment.

Just grown weary of it all and was delighted when it stopped. Might just sack the football off for a while beyond the odd FF game.

Edited by His Name Is Death

Â