Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, villalad21 said:

Pellegrino got schooled by Bruce.

Fair play to Bruce. 1-0 over West Ham is a good win.

Its a friendly. If thats the case Conte got schooled by Solskjaer and Sean Dyche was schooled by the Crewe manager

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

People paying any attention to pre season results always amazes me.

Edited by av1
Edit. I'm going to Shrewsbury and Walsall so i hope i don't regret this post

I think he'll do alright at Newcastle. It wont be good enough for their fans of course, but I think he will keep them out of the relegation battle. He does the basics well enough and will have them organised. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I think he'll do alright at Newcastle. It wont be good enough for their fans of course, but I think he will keep them out of the relegation battle. He does the basics well enough and will have them organised. 

Rafa couldnt keep them out of the relegation battle 

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

I mean last season or 2. Newcastle were too close at times for comfort

Im not sure really, 12 points clear last year and 10th place the year before. No doubting Rafa is a far better manager than Bruce, but I think SB will have Newcastle in a similar area. They wont score that many, but they wont concede that many either. Maybe the fans will hound him out by Christmas. Time will tell.

Edited by Genie

19 hours ago, Dave J said:

Absolutely no - the moment you bite the hand that feeds, you have crossed a line imo that you cannot come back from.

So anyone who is victim of personal, verbal abuse should continue to take it if the abuser supports them financially? Sounds a bit like good old domestic abuse to me.

As for being the right man at the right time ? Again no - not in my opinion.

Bruce was not bought into to steady the ship - this line with respect to you is peddled by his supporters on here.

Bruce's targets were play offs in his first season and automatic in his second season in my opinion - he failed end of story.

Bruce was brought in to stop the slide into division 1. With respect to you and some other fans, I don't think you realised just how bad we were. This notion of us going straight back up was pure fantasy. We were awful...even under RDM, he just papered over the cracks for a very short time, luckily he was found out early.

I wish him no ill he turned out to be what I fully expected him to be - a bang average journey man of a manager.

I did think he was a decent bloke - but his time here taught me differently - and the events of this week only cemented what I think of him today.

Yes I think you're right, I thought he was a decent bloke...but to keep on jumping ship like he continually does, and to do it so quickly into a job, which he has done more than once, does suggest he lacks any sense of loyalty.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, villalad21 said:

You know Bruce wasn’t even allowed to manage them because he couldn’t get a work permit in time?

On 20/07/2019 at 09:56, Keyblade said:

There's no debate, or at least there shouldn't be. You'd hope that you can say he's a word removed without having to litigate the entire history of his tenure here every time.

But not be able to say the same about Rapinoe, apparently.

4 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

But not be able to say the same about Rapinoe, apparently.

Hmm, not quite. There's a 20+ year body of evidence for Bruce, not least the fact that he's about to get sued by Wednesday for what he just did. It's pretty cut and dry.

For Rapinoe, who nobody even knew about before this summer, it's literally because of outdated and bigoted views on how people should carry themselves. Dancing or having pink hair doesn't make someome a word removed, at least it shouldn't in the 21st century. Walking out on 7 out of 10 clubs leaving some of them in the shit or slagging off your fans do. Also I didn't bring up her scoring record or her trophy count or something to contest this notion either. 

By all means, contest the idea that what Bruce did wasn't dickish. So far the only arguments I've seen are "any other manager would have done it" or "every manager 'walks out' on clubs when they leave" suggesting that the defence of him is just out of reflex at this point. But I don't want to be talking about his transfer record from 2017 or some shit. It's completely irrelevant.

Â