Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Your right to a degree TRO - it just becomes a little tainted when it's someone earning thousands of ££ a week and still takes cheap shots at the people contributing to that ££

imo 

and I think his comments are regretful and ill advised.

but he is Human Dave and he is defending his position, albeit not well advised against customers ( If I may technically call us that)

I have said many times.....We reserve the right to express our dissatisfaction with the spectacle of play....but some of us are attacking him personally.

He is responsible for what we see....whether that is directly of indirectly.....but it is pointless in attacking the bloke with our frustrations, when he shares them.

We need to be in the top 2.....He wants to be in the top 2.

The owners will deal with things in the appropriate manner.

Edited by TRO

48 minutes ago, TRO said:

Ha Ha what is a  "reasonably" tongue in cheek.....did you mean a " reluctant" tongue in cheek?

If I was sitting with Steve Bruce's entourage, I have wasted my season ticket money on the Mrs and me as I sit now, in the Doug Ellis.

However, We may all glean some diplomacy from a 14 year old lad who is clearly a gentleman, allegedly not a Bruce Fan, but according to our fellow poster AV1 who is his dad, declared while having his shirt signed by " The great Man" to use your words....came to his defence when passing fans made sarcastic remarks.....I understand he said words to the effect of " Ignore them boss, your doing a good job".....Quite a powerful statement from a lad who has no particular fondness for his management....but his awareness of protocol and diplomacy, is certainly not lost on him....We could all do well to get a lesson from him.

Further, Than that Dave.....I would bet my last dime.....If all the anti Bruce critics actually met him, you could count on one hand how many would be true to the tone of their posts.

I think its fair to say, that the owners restructuring has surfaced and is being rolled out and that could easily include the manager at some stage.....but VT posts or protesting, will only put dubious thoughts in their minds of what kind of fanbase they have. They have their own agenda.

I think you will get your wish, all in good time...….lets be supportive and respectful in the meantime.

just remember, even when folk fail, they still might be doing their best from their point of view.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Ha Ha what is a  "reasonably" tongue in cheek.....did you mean a " reluctant" tongue in cheek?

If I was sitting with Steve Bruce's entourage, I have wasted my season ticket money on the Mrs and me as I sit now, in the Doug Ellis.

However, We may all glean some diplomacy from a 14 year old lad who is clearly a gentleman, allegedly not a Bruce Fan, but according to our fellow poster AV1 who is his dad, declared while having his shirt signed by " The great Man" to use your words....came to his defence when passing fans made sarcastic remarks.....I understand he said words to the effect of " Ignore them boss, your doing a good job".....Quite a powerful statement from a lad who has no particular fondness for his management....but his awareness of protocol and diplomacy, is certainly not lost on him....We could all do well to get a lesson from him.

Further, Than that Dave.....I would bet my last dime.....If all the anti Bruce critics actually met him, you could count on one hand how many would be true to the tone of their posts.

I think its fair to say, that the owners restructuring has surfaced and is being rolled out and that could easily include the manager at some stage.....but VT posts or protesting, will only put dubious thoughts in their minds of what kind of fanbase they have. They have their own agenda.

I think you will get your wish, all in good time...….lets be supportive and respectful in the meantime.

just remember, even when folk fail, they still might be doing their best from their point of view.

By the tone of your post you seem to imply that I have been personally abusive in comments about Steve Bruce. Critical of him yes, occasionally mocking again guilty. But never abusive.

I’ve lived my life in a blokey working environment and believe me VT, even at it’s most vitriolic, isn’t even close to what I’d call abusive, even if at times I think people go to far and in doing so miss the point. I also think that despite his sometimes petulant and defensive post match comments, the views of fans, the press, commentators all come with the job and are water of a ducks back to a bloke who’s been around as long as him. 

If I sat and had a pint with Steve Bruce I’m pretty sure it would be a very lovely experience. I’m sure I wouldn’t be able to resist making my point, but after so many years in the game I’m sure he’d win most arguments, it is his job after all. 

I’ve never been personally abusive to any Villa manager or player. Some I’ve loved some I’ve been less impressed by. I also found AV1’s story about his son both up lifting as well as a credit to the lad and his parents. It made me proud to be a Villa fan. 

Once again TRO, I don’t really think you sit with Steve Bruce’s family. May peace continue to soothe your lion hearted soul brother. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TRO said:

and I think his comments are regretful and ill advised.

but he is Human Dave and he is defending his position, albeit not well advised against customers ( If I may technically call us that)

I have said many times.....We reserve the right to express our dissatisfaction with the spectacle of play....but some of us are attacking him personally.

He is responsible for what we see....whether that is directly of indirectly.....but it is pointless in attacking the bloke with our frustrations, when he shares them.

We need to be in the top 2.....He wants to be in the top 2.

The owners will deal with things in the appropriate manner.

Sorry TRO I disagree - when it comes to cheap shots at your own fans you have crossed a line imo - and I don't think he is referring to personal comments about himself anyway - I believe he is having a go at fans who criticise his managerial skills - TRO sorry to repeat myself but this guy needs to understand that until he delivers us a return to the premier league - he will always be one game away from a crisis - if he can't take this - well then I'm afraid he needs to ship out and let someone who gets Aston Villa take his place 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Interesting that so many on the recruitment side have gone.

If they DID have a big say in who we signed, then why remove them ( unless the owners don’t approve of who weve signed - unlikely ?)........if they have been removed because they aren’t needed - were they needed a couple of weeks ago ?........or has somebody else been key to who we’ve brought in ?

I certainly can’t see how you can remove the scouting staff unless you know what’s replacing it ?

Edited by terrytini

45 minutes ago, terrytini said:

If they DID have a big say in who we signed, then why remove them ( unless the owners don’t approve of who weve signed - unlikely ?)........if they have been removed because they aren’t needed - were they needed a couple of weeks ago ?........or has somebody else been key to who we’ve brought in ?

I certainly can’t see how you can remove the scouting staff unless you know what’s replacing it ?

I agree, everything the new owners have done so far, appears, from the outside anyway, to be quite measured and working to a plan. So assuming that they’re not completely bonkers and think we can operate without some sort of scouting system, then there must be a plan to replace them. 

Although assuming sanity when considering the actions of Villa owners, hasn’t always been a particularly successful default position in the past. 

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

I heard everyone that was fired was involved in Bacuna signing for us...

Regarding fan criticism.  I asked Paul Faulkner once if criticism from the fans bothered him (and IMO he endured as many or more personal attacks on VT as Steve Bruce has.)

He essentially said. “You can’t let it bother you.  It means the fans are passionate.  It’s that passion that keeps the entire sport succcessful, so you learn to be grateful for the passion and the energy and realize they want Villa to succeed.”

I wonder Bruce not backing the recruitment team was part of him saving himself?

Interestingly enough he had disagreements with foreign recommendations from the other scouts maybe he is pointing the finger to them in why we did not sign that CB from Le Harve.

As Neil Moxely said, 

"For instance, how would Purslow, installed in the position only late last month, know the good, bad and indifferent in Villa's recruitment team, particularly as the last window has only just closed".

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-re-13279346

Something interesting is happening at the moment.

Bruce is desperate to keep his job because he knows how damaging managing this club unsuccessfully would have on his career. 

I still think the management will wield the axe, but i am presuming this will be done once we have a technical director and we have a run of bad form.

Â