Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

20 minutes ago, terrytini said:

In the last few days alone......

His comments after the game about 2 strikers, his comments that we’ve lost over half a team, his comment re a suspended opposition player, and his comment about not playing a DM this year, his comment about the intelligence of the fans, and ‘ we are where we want to be’ after 9 games............

........should, regardless of anything else he’s done good or bad, regardless of the availability of a suitable alternative, mean dismissal immediately after today’s game. No two ways about it.

If necessary Mark Delaney should take temporary charge.

Really now...Managers weave their own narrative with the press all the time, Mourinho is the master at it. It is not grounds for terminating a multi million pound contract. Bad results is the only thing that will sort that out.

• Like 2

Imagine if Bruce pulls this season off and did take us back to the premier league, he would be laughing and there would be a hell of alot of people eating there words, swallowing it like they were eating rusted nails.

Were all saying go, yet the question is who takes over, is there anyone out there at this present time who could honestly do a better job. I am all for replacing bruce so long as the rite guy comes in and I think that's the problem, all the best guys for the job are took.

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Can you imagine how our players must feel when the manager is basically coming out every week stating that they would have to be at their best to beat every bang average Championship team we come up against. FFS, our squad contains the likes of Chester, Grealish, Kodjia, Abraham, El Ghazy and Bolasie. Let Sheff Wed's manager worry about them before making your own excuses before the game.

You should be looking at them players as the opposition manager and thinking this is gonna be a struggle. When actually its pretty easy to keep us quiet with a plan and little tactical play.

Lets put it this way to all the Bruce supporters, which I have no disrespect for, as you are more than entitled to your own opinion of him. I think sometimes its personal, as alot feel Bruce is doing the best job he can with our squad. Even though its obvious there are much better managers out there, examples being Nuno and what Bielsa is doing at Leeds, shit me even Pulis is looking tactically sharper than Bruce lately. So the question is, what could they do with our squad??

14 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Really now...Managers weave their own narrative with the press all the time, Mourinho is the master at it. It is not grounds for terminating a multi million pound contract. Bad results is the only thing that will sort that out.

Well as I’ve said I think that list - on its own - is sufficient. 

As it happens he meets any and all other criteria for the sack anyway.

Until now I believe they’ve held fire in the absence of their man being available, but in view of the last few days his position is untenable.

9 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Imagine if Bruce pulls this season off and did take us back to the premier league, he would be laughing and there would be a hell of alot of people eating there words, swallowing it like they were eating rusted nails.

Were all saying go, yet the question is who takes over, is there anyone out there at this present time who could honestly do a better job. I am all for replacing bruce so long as the rite guy comes in and I think that's the problem, all the best guys for the job are took.

Why would anyone need to eat their words ? It’s valid to want him to stay, it’s valid to want him out.

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Mark zero promotions Delaney

4 or more or they aren't welcome ?

Indeed.

Mark Delaney shouldn’t manage us. 

But many Clubs have used an existing junior or assistant manager when the hierarchy have decided enough is enough. I see no reason we should be above it.

Several of Bruce’s recent outpourings are actually factually incorrect. Several more have been very emotional and indicated he is struggling.

Given that all the other indicators of performance are adequate at best, I’m now of the view that persisting with him, for whatever the reason, is a mistake, and the Owners will regret it.

16 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

This is now becoming the most invalid point on this Subject. No one on this forum is paid to look for, or hire managers, the person who is, has a much better insight to what mangers are out there. Most Wolves fans had no idea who Nuno was before he came to there club. An on that subject with Jorge Mendes being connected to the owners, I don't think it be long until someone more suitable comes in.

As for the first paragragh of your post, I will bet you £50 he does not get us up this season.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Nobody would be eating their words any manager worth his salt would get this team promoted and probably would have done so already 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, villarocker said:

It makes me laugh how before every game he tries to highlight the dangerous players the opposition have. In this case he says "they've got 1,2,3,4 or 5 quality players" I mean, come on, that's just trying to deflect flak before it's even been earnt! 

This, to me, showcases exactly what the problem is with Steve Bruce - he worries too much about the qualities of the opposition. That results in him going into games with too much caution. He should be concentrating on the qualities that WE have and let THEIR manager worry about how to defend against US!

It might just be me, but I struggle to recognise more than perhaps a couple of players in any team in this division. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Well, he failed the last 2 seasons, but I don't remember any Bruce supporters eating their words.

Any need to insult those of us who have a different opinion to you, Dave?

14 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Hey @TRO, see that Forestieri quote.....

...Is there, like, a chance that we've been giving him a bit too much credit during his reign?

I have never given him any credit......just defended him against, what I consider OTT criticism....but no haven't heard his comments on Forestieri.

I just think he has given us a bit of stability, when we couldn't get that for love nor money, some could say its not enough, wouldn't argue with that, but different times now.....as for convincing football, no I am with the critics.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

I have never given him any credit......just defended him against, what I consider OTT criticism.

I just think he has given us a bit of stability, when we couldn't get that for love nor money, some could say its not enough, wouldn't argue with that, but different times now.....as for convincing football, no I am with the critics.

I know mate, wasn't trying to put words in your mouth. Just stunned really.

I joined you in that defence many times. I agree he bought us stability.

I just did all that from a position of assuming he did the basics.

I am still stunned this morning by that comment more than anything else we've seen from him. Failure to prepare is preparing to fail and all that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

It’s a better dream than the fella in the photo. Bruce out, TRO in!

Dave, for all my bluster.....I wouldn't have a scoobie.

I couldn't stand the thought of TRO -OUT.

I might be pisces....but not that kind of fish.

46 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

I know mate, wasn't trying to put words in your mouth. Just stunned really.

I joined you in that defence many times. I agree he bought us stability.

I just did all that from a position of assuming he did the basics.

I am still stunned this morning by that comment more than anything else we've seen from him. Failure to prepare is preparing to fail and all that.

I have heard it now.....how I read in to that is ,football manager/ press routine banter....nothing more or less.

I have never really being big on what football managers say, they just have a duty to fill time with the press.....I go by what I see on match day.

I understand the critique of him being  cautious, but I presume they mean overly cautious, because being Gung Ho and cavalier is equally as dangerous.

I would prefer a style of somewhere in between.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, screwdriver said:

this interview is classic 48 laws of power stuff.  Where In the past he has praised their playmaker bannan before the game and the little shit has ran the show the next day. so Brucie has deliberately (and probably insincerely) highlighted Forestieri who he secretly knows isn't playing to give the due respect to the other team without giving them respect. It's a master stroke to disarm the owls. Bruce has shown fantastic leadership during this so called crisis cheque book managers like Pep, Jose  etc can only dream about. Only Rafa's tracksuitgate blow out can top it.

I'm starting to wonder if you are a master troll, or just astonishingly deluded. 

• Confused 1

while I am not arguing with the notion of our cautious approach, I do think we need to be careful in what we wish for.

There have been many times in our history under rakes of managers where we have been accused of a defensive style of football....even in the early eighties with the success we had we was always being picked up for 110% work rate and a containing type game.

Wolves last season despite their swashbuckling style had mundane moments in games between their scintillating build up play for goals.

Its exceedingly difficult to attack for 90 + minutes.....its inevitable the opposition will muster sufficient energy to counter us an we must be prepared to dig in.

If we win games....most of the detail will be shelved.

Â