Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I would seriously bet on it, he has been drilling into the players to keep forestieri out the game. He obviously had no idea he wasn't playing, so would have definately included him in the team talks.

He can always say post game his plan worked as Forestieri had no impact on the game 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dave J said:
6 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Is this anything other than astonishing? Can you imagine what the likes of Nuno must think of this.

How can anyone try to defend this ? It beggars belief it really does 

facepalm-head.jpg

5 hours ago, Cjay said:

Jedinak- "Boss, why am i on the bench all of a sudden".

Bruce- "You're marking Forestieri son, quick!!! he is stretching, get after him!!!!!

And ive realised the whole joke falls down because he wouldn't actually be on the bench either, being suspended.

Least i realised he couldn't start?

When you get a minute, would you mind letting Bruce know please?

• Haha 1

It makes me laugh how before every game he tries to highlight the dangerous players the opposition have. In this case he says "they've got 1,2,3,4 or 5 quality players" I mean, come on, that's just trying to deflect flak before it's even been earnt! 

This, to me, showcases exactly what the problem is with Steve Bruce - he worries too much about the qualities of the opposition. That results in him going into games with too much caution. He should be concentrating on the qualities that WE have and let THEIR manager worry about how to defend against US!

Edited by villarocker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

He can always say post game his plan worked as Forestieri had no impact on the game 

That's assuming he even has a plan! 

Will he pick a team planning on how to defend against Forestieri? Does he even pick the team? If he does, does he even know who is definitely unavailable to the opponents we are playing? 

It's utterly embarrassing that he made those comments about a player that is suspended from the game. It's like him going into a pub, reading a sign at the bar saying they have run out of Guinness and saying "can I have a pint of Guinness please". The barman looks at him bemused and says "We've got no Guinness sir, there's actually a sign just here that says that" and then, after serving him to a John Smith's says to the barmaid next to him "what a numpty!"

9 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

My bloody phone hasn't stopped beeping since I tweeted that clip...

I take a rare look on here and what do I see.... my tweet and you outing me!

I've wanted Bruce out since August 2017, I cannot stand him, his lies, his excuses, his management... the absolute absence of anything even remotely resembling tactics or philosophy. Steve Bruce is the main reason I've not posted in the last 10 months. At no point last season did I think he would get us promoted, even as I sat on a train to Wembley.

That comment today about Forestieri is as far as I'm concerned, absolutely inexcusable, indefensible and entirely indicative of what I suspect is his management and preparation for matches.

I'm off to Villa Park tomorrow, I'm taking my 5 year old son to his first ever game at Villa Park. It frankly depresses me that as I sit in the Witton Lane Stand on the other side of the pitch will be Steve Bruce, still I'm sure he will be shouting as loud as he can for the players to roll their sleeves up and have a go etc...

Hey Trent, my son is 5 next week and I'm planning on taking him to his first game soon. Please let me know what your son thinks of it and what you think you could have done differently to maybe help him enjoy it more, if he seems bored. I'm thinking maybe a tablet with Blaze and the Monster Machines, Go Jetters, Paw Patrol on it etc just in case the game fails to deliver the required entertainment levels ;).

21 minutes ago, villarocker said:

It makes me laugh how before every game he tries to highlight the dangerous players the opposition have. In this case he says "they've got 1,2,3,4 or 5 quality players" I mean, come on, that's just trying to deflect flak before it's even been earnt! 

This, to me, showcases exactly what the problem is with Steve Bruce - he worries too much about the qualities of the opposition. That results in him going into games with too much caution. He should be concentrating on the qualities that WE have and let THEIR manager worry about how to defend against US!

Can you imagine how our players must feel when the manager is basically coming out every week stating that they would have to be at their best to beat every bang average Championship team we come up against. FFS, our squad contains the likes of Chester, Grealish, Kodjia, Abraham, El Ghazy and Bolasie. Let Sheff Wed's manager worry about them before making your own excuses before the game.

• Like 1

When my son was 5 he started really getting into the Villa, by the time he was 7-8 he knew every player and even their squad number.

Now he's 13 and he doesnt even bother watching games with me anymore, he's still a "Villa fan" and I buy him kits and stuff, he loves football and up to a couple of years ago used to watch every Villa game with me even on the dodgy streams.

Just finds watching Villa so dull now he doesnt bother. Did have a nice day out to Wembley with him though, not sure that performance helped matters though. 

• Like 1

Read this article this morning, really starting to question his intelligence now:

“Last year, defensively we were excellent but in a different sort of way.

“We had the defensive midfielder to protect the two centre-backs.

“We have not been that way this season.

“There are a lot of things I have been mulling over.

He's played one game this season without a DM, and he's claiming we've played this way all season!

Then he also states:

“As I have said repeatedly, we are starting all over again.

“We have lost six players from the team.

“With what we have got in, the way they are shaping up, I can only be convinced we can go one further than we did last year.”

Now if he said squad rather than team I wouldn't mind so much, but how exactly are we starting all over again Bruce? and he mentions this every week.

Johnstone, Terry and Snodgrass. -  I make 3 players we've lost from the "team", and it was his decision to bring them on loan (& 1 year deal), so he knew they were all here just for the 1 year to begin with. 

Furthermore, in his press conference the bloke asks him about his 100th game in charge, then talks about the home record and Bruce instantly says we've only lost 4 games at home out of a hundred. So does he think we play at home all the time?

Throw in the Forestieri comment as well, and all the above then you see he really is showing a lack of intelligence at the moment.  Lost the plot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Hey Trent, my son is 5 next week and I'm planning on taking him to his first game soon. Please let me know what your son thinks of it and what you think you could have done differently to maybe help him enjoy it more, if he seems bored. I'm thinking maybe a tablet with Blaze and the Monster Machines, Go Jetters, Paw Patrol on it etc just in case the game fails to deliver the required entertainment levels ;).

I was bored at my first couple of villa games.

45 years later I rarely miss a home game !

In the last few days alone......

His comments after the game about 2 strikers, his comments that we’ve lost over half a team, his comment re a suspended opposition player, and his comment about not playing a DM this year, his comment about the intelligence of the fans, and ‘ we are where we want to be’ after 9 games............

........should, regardless of anything else he’s done good or bad, regardless of the availability of a suitable alternative, mean dismissal immediately after today’s game. No two ways about it.

If necessary Mark Delaney should take temporary charge.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Only Now?  :D

It's been questioned for nearly two years!

Don't get me wrong, I was always questioning it lol

but now I'm REALLY questioning it ?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

I guess the only real possible explanation is the "if fit" bit when refering to Forestieri. Sheffield Wednesday seem to have about 8 players out injured at the moment so trying to remember which ones may or may not be likely to return when put on the spot he could have just messed up. Still makes him look like a bit of a bellend though

I suppose injuries happen quickly/ heal quicker than expected - but suspensions surely this is a different matter altogether ?

Â