Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

13 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Interestingly enough he had disagreements with foreign recommendations from the other scouts maybe he is pointing the finger to them in why we did not sign that CB from Le Harve. 

The player gave a clear and cogent reason for not signing.  I don't think it's anyone's fault we didn't get him.

14 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Bruce is desperate to keep his job because he knows how damaging managing this club unsuccessfully would have on his career.  

It's too late for that.  He has already managed the club unsuccessfully,  that's historical fact.  I assume it's also too late to plan how to keep his job - if they keep him on, I will be astonished and appallled.

14 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I still think the management will wield the axe, but i am presuming this will be done once we have a technical director and we have a run of bad form. 

Agree with the first bit, but not the part about needing a run of bad form to get rid.  Why would you, unless you are chronically indecisive,  or insecure enough to need popular sentiment behind you before you have the courage to act?

• Like 4

9 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

By the tone of your post you seem to imply that I have been personally abusive in comments about Steve Bruce. Critical of him yes, occasionally mocking again guilty. But never abusive.

I’ve lived my life in a blokey working environment and believe me VT, even at it’s most vitriolic, isn’t even close to what I’d call abusive, even if at times I think people go to far and in doing so miss the point. I also think that despite his sometimes petulant and defensive post match comments, the views of fans, the press, commentators all come with the job and are water of a ducks back to a bloke who’s been around as long as him. 

If I sat and had a pint with Steve Bruce I’m pretty sure it would be a very lovely experience. I’m sure I wouldn’t be able to resist making my point, but after so many years in the game I’m sure he’d win most arguments, it is his job after all. 

I’ve never been personally abusive to any Villa manager or player. Some I’ve loved some I’ve been less impressed by. I also found AV1’s story about his son both up lifting as well as a credit to the lad and his parents. It made me proud to be a Villa fan. 

Once again TRO, I don’t really think you sit with Steve Bruce’s family. May peace continue to soothe your lion hearted soul brother. 

well said Dave....I accept your stance has been one of being critical of the play and I actually agree with you.

I accept also you have been more critical than abusive.

• Thanks 2

Sometimes I ask myself the question of who is more hated out of bruce or xia especially on villatalk, wonder what the % would be on that poll, have a feeling a 50/50 would pop up lol.

Edited by Dave-R

7 hours ago, Dave J said:

Sorry TRO I disagree - when it comes to cheap shots at your own fans you have crossed a line imo - and I don't think he is referring to personal comments about himself anyway - I believe he is having a go at fans who criticise his managerial skills - TRO sorry to repeat myself but this guy needs to understand that until he delivers us a return to the premier league - he will always be one game away from a crisis - if he can't take this - well then I'm afraid he needs to ship out and let someone who gets Aston Villa take his place 

I think he is wrong to spar with fans in terms of cheap shots, but hey some would say if you can't take it, don't give it.

I haven't taken it as he is aiming anything at me, so I guess i am not offended.....but its a silly game to enter from him, there is only one loser.

I guess we all want promotion....but he has the task of achieving it and we haven't got much patience for setbacks or poor play or dropping points 'naturally......that is where the frustration kicks in all round.

The thing is there are no prizes for effort.....and we don't really know how much effort is going in behind the scenes.....we can only summise.

2 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Too many Dave's in this thread ? I get confused when I don't pay attention to which Dave it is...

C'mon help me out, some changes need to be made..... Like...

David

Davey

Davo

Davie

Davy

Dave's are king lol Would be most confusing having a whole team of Dave's to comment on.

Edited by Dave-R

6 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Too many Dave's in this thread ? I get confused when I don't pay attention to which Dave it is...

C'mon help me out, some changes need to be made..... Like...

David

Davey

Davo

Davie

Davy

Just ignore all of them. Bunch of ?

21 hours ago, hippo said:

it hasnt been replaced. dismantled, yes....replaced , not yet

This is the final submission to Bruce. He is now personally doing all scouting ad player recruitment.

Expect Karim/Barry from the kebab shop to be signed as defensive cover very soon.

1 hour ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

So in his earlier press conference, Bruce said Forestieri "if fit will cause us problems" .

He's suspended.

Makes you wonder what he's told the players in the pre-match briefings, and who has been assigned to mark him.

• Haha 1

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-bruce-believes-found-man-15182634.amp

Mile Jedinak has been backed to fill the big boots of John Terry at Aston Villa.

Boss Steve Bruce will continue with the 34-year-old in the heart of defence against Sheffield Wednesday following the morale-boosting shut out in midweek.

Bruce believes the criticism aimed at Jedinak has been unfair and blames his team as a collective for shipping too many goals this season rather than the Australian.

And he’s hinted that the stopper could now be the permanent replacement for Terry providing Villa build on the Tuesday night win.

“I am convinced Mile Jedinak will be a centre-half and I think I know what I am talking about in that position,” Bruce, a former defender for Manchester United, said.Mile played in the back four eight times last season and he was instrumental toward the end of last season when it was up in the air as to whether I brought John Terry back in.

“I am convinced it is his way forward.

“He proved it the other night and he provides a certain physicality which the team don’t have if he is not in it.

Villa come up against two towering forwards tomorrow in Atdhe Nuhiu and Lucas Joao which is why Jedinak will get the nod.

“They have a man mountain as a centre-forward so we’ll need the physicality,” Bruce added.

“Set pieces are huge and Mile gives us that when we are in the team.

“I saw it the other night.

• Haha 1

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-bruce-believes-found-man-15182634.amp

Mile Jedinak has been backed to fill the big boots of John Terry at Aston Villa.

Boss Steve Bruce will continue with the 34-year-old in the heart of defence against Sheffield Wednesday following the morale-boosting shut out in midweek.

Bruce believes the criticism aimed at Jedinak has been unfair and blames his team as a collective for shipping too many goals this season rather than the Australian.

And he’s hinted that the stopper could now be the permanent replacement for Terry providing Villa build on the Tuesday night win.

“I am convinced Mile Jedinak will be a centre-half and I think I know what I am talking about in that position,” Bruce, a former defender for Manchester United, said.Mile played in the back four eight times last season and he was instrumental toward the end of last season when it was up in the air as to whether I brought John Terry back in.

“I am convinced it is his way forward.

“He proved it the other night and he provides a certain physicality which the team don’t have if he is not in it.

Villa come up against two towering forwards tomorrow in Atdhe Nuhiu and Lucas Joao which is why Jedinak will get the nod.

“They have a man mountain as a centre-forward so we’ll need the physicality,” Bruce added.

“Set pieces are huge and Mile gives us that when we are in the team.

“I saw it the other night.

24 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I actually agree with him. Jedinak is looking better every game in that position and can be a beast of a centre half at this level. 

I’ve said for some time that Jedi is fine at CB.  IF  the opposition is playing a big, tall forward.  Sounds like shef weds may be an ideal opponent for him. (Like Rotherham  was)

Edited by srsmithusa
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

I’ve said for some time that Jedi is fine at CB.  IF  the opposition is playing a big, tall forward.  Sounds like shef weds may be an ideal opponent for him. (Like Rutherford was)

Who’s Rutherford ? Do you mean Rotherham ? ;) Let’s hope he doesn’t face Atdhe Nuhiu (6ft 5) though as he is hell of a lot better than Michael Smith of Rotherham.

Edited by Villan4Life

12 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Who’s Rutherford ? Do you mean Rotherham ? ;) Let’s hope he doesn’t face Atdhe Nuhiu (6ft 5) though as he is hell of a lot better than Michael Smith of Rotherham.

Yeah, spell check is wack.  I’ll edit to clarify then everyone will think you’re crazy.  ?

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

I’ve said for some time that Jedi is fine at CB.  IF  the opposition is playing a big, tall forward.  Sounds like shef weds may be an ideal opponent for him. (Like Rotherham  was)

He's good in the air, his positioning could do with improving and it might do too, he's proper slow though now. Even if Jedi turns in to a centre back, we're 2 injuries away from a full on crisis in the centre of defence now. Getting rid of Elphick without a replacement is still mental.

• Like 1

Â