Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

18 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

DOF next. These guys are doing everything in a controlled and considered way and taking a long term view. We’re not cut adrift from promotion so there is no immediate plan to change the manager. But there is, I’d like to think, a long term plan of how we will progress as a club, both on and off the pitch, which obviously includes who they want as manager/head coach. These are all excellent signs of a very good future, we haven’t been run properly for a long long time, if ever, in the modern game. 

Absolutely Dave.

Every cloud has a silver lining and hopefully we are on the road to going back to the land of milk and honey.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

I’m viewing the posts from the point of view of someone who isn’t totally obsessed with Steve Bruce, constantly sniping and throwing juvenile insults, while twisting every topic to do with Aston Villa back to Steve Bruce.

So I have a different view of what is and isn’t “silly”. ?

2 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Hmmm, totally obsessed. Interesting that people may dare to discuss Steve Bruce in the Steve Bruce thread :crylaugh:

Not clear you read more than the first few words of my post.

Edited by briny_ear

6 hours ago, av1 said:

Last night my boy wanted to wait back and try and get some signatures on his shirt. While Bruce was singing my lads top a few fans walking past started, shall we say, giving him tactical advice. Nothing massively aggressive, just stuff like: 

'Brucie, stick to fecking 2 up top'

Bruce actually looked a bit intimidated by it, and my 14yr old boy bless him said 'don't listen boss you're doing a great job'. Bruce was actually taken aback by it, he actually stepped back and said 'thank you son, i really appreciate that'

When we was walking back to the car i said my lad 'where did that come from? You're not a fan of Bruce either'

He said 'i know Dad, but its not nice to see people getting shouted at so i thought I'd say something nice.

It was a nice moment. 

Sounds like you brought him up well.....a gentleman.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Could everyone please make sure they bring their certificate of intelligence with them when they arrive at Villa park on Saturday.  Thanks .

IF (and it’s a big if) protests were to start against Bruce then it should absolutely involve holding up ‘certificates of intelligence’. Or, a banner hanging from the Holte saying ‘Certified Intelligent... and it’s time to go Steve’ or something along those lines. 

NB: not in favour of protests yet although I think he does need to go

• Like 1

The new regime plan to put their own stamp on Villa's transfer dealings and several members of staff have been let go including Tommy Mooney, who had been acting as Villa's loans manager.

Well, I'm sorry they've sacked my Dad, but it's not before time, considering he's been dead for years. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

The article this came from apparently got changed within half an hour of being posted and the bit about Bruce now reads, "Despite the opposition from fans towards Bruce, it is understood there are no plans to dismiss him at this stage."

It's quite a change isn't it. Whether Percy overstepped in an assumption or not - there's clearly debate now over Bruce's position and the silence from Purslow cannot be very reassuring to Bruce at all. We're into the season and it looks like the greater club structure is being put in place, I think they'll sack Bruce if we're way off the play-offs, or if the guy they want is ready to come in - whichever happens first. 

18 minutes ago, Jareth said:

It's quite a change isn't it. Whether Percy overstepped in an assumption or not - there's clearly debate now over Bruce's position and the silence from Purslow cannot be very reassuring to Bruce at all. We're into the season and it looks like the greater club structure is being put in place, I think they'll sack Bruce if we're way off the play-offs, or if the guy they want is ready to come in - whichever happens first. 

I would think it's putting in place a new structure with the manager to be replaced when they have contingency arrangements, by which I mean internal arrangements rather than waiting for a new manager to become available.  Taking control of the situation, rather than waiting for someone else to act.  But we'll see.

I assume they will be replacing the manager pretty soon.  If the new technical director role suggests the manager's role becomes more about coaching and tactics, and Bruce doesn't really do much of either, then it's hard to see how he can be part of their plan.

It's been said many times on here. It's when Bruce goes, not if.

Bruce must know that whatever he does from now on will not change the owners intentions.

Purslow has a remit to revamp both the club's performance and image in order to attract 'Premier League' class sponsorship deals. That will not happen during Bruce's tenure, because astute advertising and marketing directors would not spend big money to attach their brands to "Brucie football".

If the new AVFC structure is to be .... CEO ....  Sporting Director .... Head Coach, then step one is done, step two is awaited, followed by step three.

Bruce must be aware of the fact that he's on borrowed time, which is probably why he's becoming more vocal in praising himself in order to boost his CV.

He'll be well compensated for the fact that he's yesterday's man.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

Quick question, is there any way of ignoring/removing a thread from view? Asking for a friend.

:detect:

Rather than removing a thread from view, I believe it's technically simpler to do it the other way round, ie removing a view from a thread by not looking.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think you know that my comment was reasonably tongue in cheek. Unless you do sit with the Bruce entourage, in which case I would have thought you may have pointed out one or two of his obvious tactical deficiencies in the hope they may have reached the ear of the great man. 

May peace also reach your claret and blue soul brother. 

Ha Ha what is a  "reasonably" tongue in cheek.....did you mean a " reluctant" tongue in cheek?

If I was sitting with Steve Bruce's entourage, I have wasted my season ticket money on the Mrs and me as I sit now, in the Doug Ellis.

However, We may all glean some diplomacy from a 14 year old lad who is clearly a gentleman, allegedly not a Bruce Fan, but according to our fellow poster AV1 who is his dad, declared while having his shirt signed by " The great Man" to use your words....came to his defence when passing fans made sarcastic remarks.....I understand he said words to the effect of " Ignore them boss, your doing a good job".....Quite a powerful statement from a lad who has no particular fondness for his management....but his awareness of protocol and diplomacy, is certainly not lost on him....We could all do well to get a lesson from him.

Further, Than that Dave.....I would bet my last dime.....If all the anti Bruce critics actually met him, you could count on one hand how many would be true to the tone of their posts.

I think its fair to say, that the owners restructuring has surfaced and is being rolled out and that could easily include the manager at some stage.....but VT posts or protesting, will only put dubious thoughts in their minds of what kind of fanbase they have. They have their own agenda.

I think you will get your wish, all in good time...….lets be supportive and respectful in the meantime.

just remember, even when folk fail, they still might be doing their best from their point of view.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, TRO said:

Ha Ha what is a  "reasonably" tongue in cheek.....did you mean a " reluctant" tongue in cheek?

If I was sitting with Steve Bruce's entourage, I have wasted my season ticket money on the Mrs and me as I sit now, in the Doug Ellis.

However, We may all glean some diplomacy from a 14 year old lad who is clearly a gentleman, allegedly not a Bruce Fan, but according to our fellow poster AV1 who is his dad, declared while having his shirt signed by " The great Man" to use your words....came to his defence when passing fans made sarcastic remarks.....I understand he said words to the effect of " Ignore them boss, your doing a good job".....Quite a powerful statement from a lad who has no particular fondness for his management....but his awareness of protocol and diplomacy, is certainly not lost on him....We could all do well to get a lesson from him.

Further, Than that Dave.....I would bet my last dime.....If all the anti Bruce critics actually met him, you could count on one hand how many would be true to the tone of their posts.

I think its fair to say, that the owners restructuring has surfaced and is being rolled out and that could easily include the manager at some stage.....but VT posts or protesting, will only put dubious thoughts in their minds of what kind of fanbase they have. They have their own agenda.

I think you will get your wish, all in good time...….lets be supportive and respectful in the meantime.

just remember, even when folk fail, they still might be doing their best from their point of view.

Your right to a degree TRO - it just becomes a little tainted when it's someone earning thousands of ££ a week and still takes cheap shots at the people contributing to that ££

imo 

• Like 3

Â