Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, Jas10 said:

He could have delayed sending Steer out on loan and not have made so many changes, in defence in particular. 

Fullback doesn’t have to be bombing forward all the time but should at least be able to cross the ball when he gets into a forward position rather than ambling around and being hesitant. This is how he played at RB last season.

It’s not Tuanzebes fault anyway, he’s just playing where he’s been told. Bruce just doesn’t see that his correct position is CB. In fact, Bruce just doesn’t have a clue what most of our players best positions are. Sick of his random BS.

Have you ever seen Tuanzebe play CB? ?

• Like 1

Well done again Bruce terrific start keep it up .... 6 Points, 6 goals, two games in a row coming from behind. 

Good subs. Im as certain as ever we Win the whole thing this season.

I liked the positive approach.

I just hope he has something better than Jedi lined up for CB

Just now, bobzy said:

Have you ever seen Tuanzebe play CB? ?

Not here because I can’t recall him being played there but that’s the position he’s been developed in at his own club. 

I’ve seen him at Fullback here and he hasn’t impressed.

I don’t think Elphick should’ve been dropped anyway and Jedinak certainly shouldn’t have been selected at CB.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

------------------Nyland-------------------------

Hutton----Tuanzebe-Chester-Taylor

--------------------Jedinak---------------------------

Elmo-----McGinn--Hourihane--Adomah

---------------------Grealish---------------------------

----------------------Murphy----------------------------

This team for me. I'm tired of seeing Kodjias lazy ass walking around the pitch doing absolutely nothing. Tempted to put Green and Thor in there.

Great team! 4-5-2 formation, worth a try.

• Haha 3

Just now, LakotaDakota said:

2 games into the season and there is only Us, Swansea & possibly one from the Leeds & Derby game with 100% records. Every single other team has dropped points already. Despite the performances a better start to the season just isn't possible

Better than last season. I'm hoping if we are close to the top in Jan, we might spend a bit to give us the edge. Fingers crossed.

I think Bruce’s lineup today was more about his lack of faith in those that didn’t play then wanting to play Jedinak at Centre half.  Id be shocking if he doesn’t sign another central defender and left back. 

Could see Elphick and Taylor being loaned out. 

would like see these play, bruce.

---------------------------------------Nyland\Moreira--------------------------------- 
Hutton(\Elmo)-----Axel(\ Elphick)-------Chester-----Taylor(\Hutton)     
Green(\Elmo)---------McGinn-------------Houriance---------Adomah  
-------------------------------------------Grealish---------------------------------
--------------------------------------------Kodjia---------------------------------   

(or) 4 Midfield change to 5 Midfield

Grealish(\Elmo)---------McGinn-------Jedinak------Houriance---------Adomah (\green)

anyway about these line-up

I know always have negative vibe toward bruce, as he is not good manager but in postivie note about him is …... he bring us win in bizarre style even team play poor week in and out which make him stay at villa or wise if he lose he will sack..

even I have positive vibe about him as he bring win to us, yet we cant forget what he did also he keep it wrong all time up how we can't talk about this? 

In praise of Steve Bruce I think it’s pretty clear he has developed a great attitude within the club. When he came, as a club we didn’t know how to win, now we have an attitude that we don’t know when we’re beat. That can take you a long way, and the quality we have got means that this attitude has the means to achieve results when we don’t play well.

His weaknesses are well known and I’ll do you all the favour of not repeating them. There is a fine line between success and failure, but momentum is very important and if we can keep this up, results wise, then perhaps SBs strengths can maintain the winning hand over his weaknesses. Only time will tell. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think Bruce’s lineup today was more about his lack of faith

And that right there is why I have no faith in him. He talked about a brave new world of a different approach the other day but instantly reverted to type by shoe-horning his old faithfuls into a team selection.

Bruce really is like a big, eager to please but decidedly stupid dog. You can't dislike him too much but you have to accept that he'll repeatedly crap on the carpet because he forgets that's bad. He won't do it every day because he'll remember the chastising he got the last time, but give it a week or two, or if he gets especially excited about a game that's being played, the sphincter goes again and the crap gets laid out.

And that's why I want to see someone take his job. I've seen enough of his form and he's going to do again what he did last year if he's allowed to. This is a manager with 20 years behind him making rookie mistakes, learning nothing from them and guaranteed to do it again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, privateer said:

And that's why I want to see someone take his job. I've seen enough of his form and he's going to do again what he did last year if he's allowed to. This is a manager with 20 years behind him making rookie mistakes, learning nothing from them and guaranteed to do it again.

Said it before, will say it again - if he takes us to a playoff final again this season, I'll take it.

4 minutes ago, privateer said:

And that right there is why I have no faith in him. He talked about a brave new world of a different approach the other day but instantly reverted to type by shoe-horning his old faithfuls into a team selection.

Bruce really is like a big, eager to please but decidedly stupid dog. You can't dislike him too much but you have to accept that he'll repeatedly crap on the carpet because he forgets that's bad. He won't do it every day because he'll remember the chastising he got the last time, but give it a week or two, or if he gets especially excited about a game that's being played, the sphincter goes again and the crap gets laid out.

But Elphick and Taylor have both been awful. I can see them both being shipped out before the window closes. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

But Elphick and Taylor have both been awful. I can see them both being shipped out before the window closes. 

Both are decent squad players (I don't think either are awful tbh) - would keep them and bring in another defender (ideally centre back) on loan.

• Like 1

Â