Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Warnock said:

Something has to come out soon even it’s all false. Some sites are saying it’s a done deal and that’s going off a Daily Star article.

I wouldn't take any notice of the Star but it seems to have got a bit further than that. Well respected journo's are reporting it now. I'm sure they are right

59 minutes ago, striker said:

If Bruce does leave will that also mean Grealish going too?

If it's Bruce out and Henry in I would say quite the contrary. If you were Jack wouldn't you be creaming at the prospect at being mentored by Henry?

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not sure man. It seems like his style. 

The emoticons are, but referring to your still/just current manager as a potato would be highly unprofessional. Much more likely to be a jealous local rival on the wind up.

3 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I agree although sources tell me it could be within 24 - 96 hours. #JarethITK

You lot are the worse ITK’s ever.

My source has shared with me that he will either stay or go by the end of the week. I was also told  If he does leave them the new manager will either be Thierry Henry or somebody else.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

It was just so frustrating last season when those players who had come in on loan were able to raise their game in all the big matches but could not do so consistently in the other games. This is Bruce's way, and it might probably work again, but as others have said it is no way to build for the future.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

If Bruce is sacked and Henry appointed it will be an absolute disaster IMO.  It just feels like a bit of a PR stunt to me.

We watched the world cup

hey lets buy a football club

we want a world cup manager - ah theres one !

Thats the level of thinking at our club.

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

It was just so frustrating last season when those players who had come in on loan were able to raise their game in all the big matches but could not do so consistently in the other games. This is Bruce's way, and it might probably work again, but as others have said it is no way to build for the future.

I’m not sure the players always gave 100%. Or maybe it was just fitness issues. I’m thinking of the game v QPR where we were so lethargic and second to everything. Then I think of a 9 man Wolves v Boro, body’s on the line. Blood sweat and tears even though they were already clear at the top.

Characters or the manager? I don’t really know. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

We watched the world cup

Yeah, how completely stupid to get a manager that has been to the world cup.  Everybody out !   We don't even want their money !    ;) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TRO said:

That is not generally the argument against Bruce that is put forward.....Its is in the main, "Tactics" and cautious play or in some cases ..." He hasn't got a clue"

but you are right, some of the players, I would not have signed, but I'm not the manager, there can only be one manager......I questioned Graham Taylor once for signing Steve Sims, He said " I never signed him for the first team, i signed him to give strength and experience to the reserves, where your talent is being groomed......see, I am a fan, I wouldn't have thought of that.....that's why I am reluctant to call professional managers out....they do know what they are doing, its just doesn't always work for them for a multitude of reasons.....some jobs take longer than others depending on the extent of the repair.

Personally, I don't think as a complete team we was quite good enough......Now that means, some players were good enough and some was not. He probably knows that too, but maybe he thinks the ones i can replace them with are no better as a whole.

The manager has to be responsible for his signings, no matter who he is.....but You also have to factor in the players He buys may not be their first choices......example Ron Saunders wanted Mick Ferguson, but had to settle for Peter Withe, so sometimes it works out well.....but we are now entering the zone of good fortune.

When I consider Steve Bruce, I think about the whole structure, his calming influence, he's a steady eddy.....some folk would dismiss that as a given, but it creates stability, which is essential.

If Steve Bruce does go and an exciting name like Thierry Henry comes in.....It's hard not the be excited, but expectation can be a burden and also there are many mundane things Thierry will have to cover, his experience will be tested.....its a gamble, just like it is for Frank Lampard.

These guys like Neil Warnock....folk take the **** and call them dinosaurs....but they have been there done it and got the "T" shirt, they have seen all the behinds the scenes bollox that we don't get to see, but needs dealing with

I sincerely hope the new guys make the right decisions and we can move this wonderful football club back to respectability.

However, If we do have a new manager.....I will support him all I can, by making positive references and respectful criticisms/observations, if in fact they are needed.

UTV

Steve Sims made 41 appearances in the season we were promoted. That's not someone who was signed to give experience to the reserve team. As I recall he was signed for his experience and the fact that GT could rely on him, due to their previous relationship at Watford. A very shrewd signing it turned out to be.

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

Yeah, how completely stupid to get a manager that has been to the world cup.  Everybody out !   We don't even want their money !    ;) 

You do know Henry didn't manage Belgium right?

I'd wager his input was minimal in fact, in my opinion.

36 minutes ago, privateer said:

If it's Bruce out and Henry in I would say quite the contrary. If you were Jack wouldn't you be creaming at the prospect at being mentored by Henry?

No, not especially

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, hippo said:

We watched the world cup

Your level of the inner workings of the club is pretty impressive, especially as our new owners have been at the club less than a week.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, privateer said:

Probably not as much as being mentored by Pochettino, in a team that seems to provide quite a lot of players for the national team.

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m not sure the players always gave 100%. Or maybe it was just fitness issues. I’m thinking of the game v QPR where we were so lethargic and second to everything. Then I think of a 9 man Wolves v Boro, body’s on the line. Blood sweat and tears even though they were already clear at the top.

Characters or the manager? I don’t really know. 

Let's not forget the first 45, minutes of the most important game of the season. It was a shocking display and I'm still not over it. How can a team of our stature not be up for a game of that magnitude from the very off ? There can be no excuses for a display such as that. The manager has to take responsibility for that, simple as.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, striker said:

If Bruce does leave will that also mean Grealish going too?

Yeah he’ll be off after the inspirational Steve Bruce leaves. He won’t want to hang around with that boring bloke Terry Henry running the show.  ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â