Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

To be fair, I think it is. I read stuff on here, about all aspects of the game, that surpasses any football journalism I’ve ever seen.

But we have the added benefit over other media of having genuine, passionate, opinions as well. And we are always, each of us, always right ! !

I have only ever been wrong once.......Then i found out in the end, I was right.?

ps............. The Mrs has a different version.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, TRO said:

stop press!!!

......Corals suspended the betting on Henry to replace Steve Bruce.

Did they not do that this morning.  Or did they start it and shut it down again?  

4 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Did they not do that this morning.  Or did they start it and shut it down again?  

don't know....just going by what's been reported on Sky.

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think it was a blessing not goung up with these new money men coming in. If we had gone up we would be stuck with xia and likely we would have been in bigger financial ruins.

Now there is a sobering thought.....perhaps we do have a guardian angel after all.

19 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

:wave:

It was and is the most likely scenario. If they were keeping him on I'd have expected them to have communicated that to him unequivocally in the first days of assuming control, even if their primary focus was on financial matters. He has had no such assurance, from what I have gathered, despite it taking only a few minutes by phone if they can't do a sit down.

"Hello, Steve., new owners here. We're going to be busy as hell for a few days so we can't do a face to face yet but rest assured nothing changes on the coaching front. We want you taking us forward and are looking forward to meeting you to understand how we can support you in that."

That's how long that could take, give or take a few pleasantries, but AFAIK it didn't happen.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, privateer said:

It was and is the most likely scenario. If they were keeping him on I'd have expected them to have communicated that to him unequivocally in the first days of assuming control, even if their primary focus was on financial matters. He has had no such assurance, from what I have gathered, despite it taking only a few minutes by phone if they can't do a sit down.

"Hello, Steve., new owners here. We're going to be busy as hell for a few days so we can't do a face to face yet but rest assured nothing changes on the coaching front. We want you taking us forward and are looking forward to meeting you to understand how we can support you in that."

That's how long that could take, give or take a few pleasantries, but AFAIK it didn't happen.

And the only chats he has had have been with their representatives - hardly a friendly approach to the manager that'll win you stuff and more like the cold shoulder before they know they can deliver the bad news.  

20 hours ago, TRO said:

They will be well aware what he done last season.....finishing fourth and 24 wins.....The discussion will be, what do we need to do to get us over the line.

The style of play and the cosmetic bits will not be overly considered.....It will all surround results.

missing out so closely will not go amiss....they will be oh so aware of that.

Top business men are not chancers, they back winning tickets.....Steve went too close for them to dismiss him.....thats my take.

Or maybe they read between the lines and see for themselves just how bang average the man is at football management ? 

26 minutes ago, privateer said:

Exactly.

Such a big descision like that too...

You can smell the hotdogs!

Â