Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Yeah he’ll be off after the manager who has produced the best form of his career and built the team around him leaves. He won’t want to hang around with a complete unknown entity running the show when he has interest from one of the best teams and managers in the country on the table.

I had a go at removing the anti bruce undertone to your post ;) 

Edited by Stevo985

13 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

You do know Henry didn't manage Belgium right?

I'd wager his input was minimal in fact, in my opinion.

While we can agree on the fact that he did not manage Belgium, it seems to me I saw him on the bench and remember quite a few Belgian players and pundits talking about how influential he was.... but your opinion is what counts.

• Haha 2

The one thing that worries me about Henry is the lack of experience. He seems to get favourable reviews from the Belgium squad, but it is easier to come along and shine up an already restored classic car, than to start a whole new renovation job on a car that has been rotting away for a few years.

• Like 3

Belgium played some of the best football at the world cup....their comeback against Japan was sumptuous as was some of the movement off the ball in the attacking 3rd...and in my opinion, Henry would have had some impact on that approach over the last 2 years that he has worked with Martinez.

Edited by New_Hope

Just now, NeilS said:

The one thing that worries me about Henry is the lack of experience. He seems to get favourable reviews from the Belgium squad, but it is easier to come along and shine up an already restored classic car, than to start a whole new renovation job on a car that has been rotting away for a few years.

We had been rotting away for years prior to Bruce coming in and steadying the ship. Now we have to take that next step to build on this, which is something that I have zero faith in Bruce to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Let's not forget the first 45, minutes of the most important game of the season. It was a shocking display and I'm still not over it. How can a team of our stature not be up for a game of that magnitude from the very off ? There can be no excuses for a display such as that. The manager has to take responsibility for that, simple as.

Least not forget it took him 12 mins from the end to put on 3 attacking players to try and win the game.  If they had been on 15 mins earlier we would have at least equalized!

8 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

We had been rotting away for years prior to Bruce coming in and steadying the ship. Now we have to take that next step to build on this, which is something that I have zero faith in Bruce to do.

You may be right about Bruce, I have had my reservations as well as to whether he can lead us to the promised land.

With regards Henry It is just the lack of proof that he can do the job that concerns me, those Belgium players are all top players and to be honest the likes of De Bruyne and Hazard do that on a weekly basis in the PL they got no further than was expected of them. I guess it depends on who is coming in alongside him on his backroom team, I will support if he gets the job, but quietly have my concerns.

Henry feels like a good fit to me.

New ownership, fresh start, a great club under performing one league down from the spotlight and in a country he knows well, full of people he can call on for advice and favours.

I'd already mentally written this season off, so I'd prefer it to be an experiment, rather than another frustrating season of nearly being good enough.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

Belgium played some of the best football at the world cup....there comeback against Japan was sumptuous as was some of the movement off the ball in the attacking 3rd...and in my opinion, Henry would have had some impact on that approach over the last 2 years that he has worked with Martinez.

The attacking 3rd consisted of de bruyne, hazard and  lukaku, I'd imagine that's why it looks so good and less to do with Henry's impact. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I had a go at removing the anti bruce undertone to your post ;) 

Thanks Stevo, I threw my sensible hat away somewhere on Friday and can’t find it anywhere. The wife may have thrown it into the recycling. But I found this old happy, optimist, occasionally OTT hat instead. I haven’t worn it for ages, but remarkably it still fits! They’re going to sell them in the club shop.  They’re a cross between a Fez and a Beret ?

Let's be quite honest here, the Villa job should not be your first ever managerial job......especially in what is such a crucial season coming up.

We've already gambled big and lost, luckily we were saved in the 12th hour. Surely now it's time to learn from our mistakes, and to be steady footed rather than gamble it on a "what-if" celebrity name?

22 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

Belgium played some of the best football at the world cup....their comeback against Japan was sumptuous as was some of the movement off the ball in the attacking 3rd...and in my opinion, Henry would have had some impact on that approach over the last 2 years that he has worked with Martinez.

Belgium also have an array of World Class talent at their disposal. Villa don't.

13 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

Belgium also have an array of World Class talent at their disposal. Villa don't.

It's all relative though isn't it? We still have some of the best players in our league. That is what matters. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

The attacking 3rd consisted of de bruyne, hazard and  lukaku, I'd imagine that's why it looks so good and less to do with Henry's impact. 

And a relegated player from the Baggies...but hey ho.....don't let that ruin your argument :)

36 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

The transfer window is still open......

Â