Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

21 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I hope we are to see a change.

Again thanks for everything Steve. Very hard luck at the playoff. All the best for the future.

...then go and give £6m to Newcastle United for Rafa.  

I don't want to see a change. If change is going to happen,  I want to see a progressive and fundamental change at Villa. I would like to see a change followed by steady progress and a coherent plan. Not just yet another high paid managerial sacking and random appointment. Repeat and rinse.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I imagine the meeting is a courtesy.

I would be MASSIVELY surprised if Bruce isn't in charge for our opening game.

I’d agree in that I think Bruce stays. However I hope the meeting is a bit more than a courtesy. Given we have no CEO or Sporting Director it seems the whole summers ins and outs rests on this discussion and the plan made. Seems like they have a lot to discuss and not much time to execute on it all. 

27 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I hope we are to see a change.

Again thanks for everything Steve. Very hard luck at the playoff. All the best for the future.

...then go and give £6m to Newcastle United for Rafa.  

Because Rafa is just desperate to manage the mighty Aston Villa and to drop down a division all over again. 

7 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I’d agree in that I think Bruce stays. However I hope the meeting is a bit more than a courtesy. Given we have no CEO or Sporting Director it seems the whole summers ins and outs rests on this discussion and the plan made. Seems like they have a lot to discuss and not much time to execute on it all. 

Courtesy may be too casual a word. I agree I imagine they'll talk about a lot.

I guess what I meant was I don't imagine there is much pressure on Bruce to fight for his job during it. I reckon it will be a discussion on the upcoming a season and not whether Bruce will be a part of it or not.

I think if people are getting their hopes up that Bruce is going to be sacked after this meeting then they'll be disappointed.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I guess what I meant was I don't imagine there is much pressure on Bruce to fight for his job during it. I reckon it will be a discussion on the upcoming a season and not whether Bruce will be a part of it or not.

I think if people are getting their hopes up that Bruce is going to be sacked after this meeting then they'll be disappointed.

unless the decision has already been made - and this is where it get communicated ?

11 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Because Rafa is just desperate to manage the mighty Aston Villa and to drop down a division all over again. 

Rigo has been deluding himself for months that Rafa would want to come here. I don't know why he does it to himself.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

They will be well aware what he done last season.....finishing fourth and 24 wins.....The discussion will be, what do we need to do to get us over the line.

The style of play and the cosmetic bits will not be overly considered.....It will all surround results.

missing out so closely will not go amiss....they will be oh so aware of that.

Top business men are not chancers, they back winning tickets.....Steve went too close for them to dismiss him.....thats my take.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I have made my views abundantly clear about Steve Bruce's managerial shortcomings. However, I have to agree with Stevo and say that I would be surprised if Bruce is not the Villa manager on the first day of the season.

and there will be a legitimate reason for that if he is.

Just now, Dick said:

Of course they are aware of his failure, it's why they are now owners of the club.

well, we will see what they do Dick.

and if failure is what THEY THINK he has done, he will be gone.

We will see what they think.....if he stays, i think you can safely say, you are wrong.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

We will see what they think.....if he stays, i think you can safely say, you are wrong.

Year 1: He had a free ride to get the squad he wanted

Year 2: He failed with that squad

Year 3: I think he will have till November. If we are top 2 then, he should stay till the end of the season.

Why wait til Wednesday if it’s a ‘you’re sacked’ meeting? A quick phone call would suffice to save everyone time, or a meeting first thing Monday to bin him off and then crack on.

I’d be surprised if SB was gone on Weds. 

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Did he get us promoted ? No. That was the objective, and he " failed .",Nearly, almost, and close, doesn't mean didly squat. Let's not forget the dreadful play - off performance, 45 minutes of utter inertia.

The day he goes, I will rejoice.

Â