Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

14 minutes ago, thabucks said:

No way .... so you have an inside track on what they are thinking ? Who is your source or is this one of your famous spoken as fact announcements ? I’m really interested in how you know for certain what the new people are thinking right now ? I really interested in how you are so certain 

Intuition.

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

I'm sensing " arse covering ". We should actually start an arse covering thread .

If he is kept on.....you should look for new owners.

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

What I want moving forward is to see us dominate the ball more in every department.....We need to secure the initiative in games much more than we do.

We were not consistent enough in those departments last season , hence we finished 4th

That for me was about right in what I saw.

Well the team is looking like it will be similar to last season. So the only way we will change how we played is via coaching. Be interesting to see if Bruce is able to make that change. 

33 minutes ago, TRO said:

Intuition.

18 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You're lying. 

Oops. Sorry just realised this could be considered quite rude so can I go for "so this is romance"  instead? 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, thabucks said:

No way .... so you have an inside track on what they are thinking ? Who is your source or is this one of your famous spoken as fact announcements ? I’m really interested in how you know for certain what the new people are thinking right now ? I really interested in how you are so certain 

I'm glad you're so interested.

It's just my opinion, based on the factors I've already outlined. I'm not certain of anything.

Edited by Stevo985

1 hour ago, Dick said:

Countdown till:

"Fans never took to me"

"As a former nose it was always going to be hard"

"Didn't really get a chance"

Etc etc

And don’t t forget the financial constraints. If he hadn’t managed to talk John Terry into accepting a paltry £100k a week halfway down the 18th fairway, what would we have done??

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

And don’t t forget the financial constraints. If he hadn’t managed to talk John Terry into accepting a paltry £100k a week halfway down the 18th fairway, what would we have done??

Followed by:

"I don't know why all the players I poached from other clubs for top dollar didn't carry their form in my non-existent system. I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles."

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Well the team is looking like it will be similar to last season. So the only way we will change how we played is via coaching. Be interesting to see if Bruce is able to make that change. 

I'm not as convinced as you, that coaching alone will fix it......I am not saying you are wrong, just saying I am unconvinced.

However, If the reports are to be believed, Then Thierry Henry is being lined up to take over....I have read also, that he is waiting for assurances from the new investors, which sounds to me like a budget for reinforcements.

Now my powers of deduction, tell me, if it was just coaching.....Thierry Henry could coach all that in to them. I suspect that is wishful thinking.

I am still of the thought a proportion of our team is not good enough for promotion......squad maybe, but first team needs to be stronger for me.

We will see what happens.

Edited by TRO

8 hours ago, Dick said:

Countdown till:

"Fans never took to me"

"As a former nose it was always going to be hard"

"Didn't really get a chance"

Etc etc

One thing i will say about bruce is he has never slated the fans here. He has always been humble talking about us so I don't expect any if those quotes. If he does leave and ever comes as a returning manager for the opposition he will get a great reception here.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TRO said:

I'm not as convinced as you, that coaching alone will fix it......I am not saying you are wrong, just saying I am unconvinced.

However, If the reports are to be believed, Then Thierry Henry is being lined up to take over....I have read also, that he is waiting for assurances from the new investors, which sounds to me like a budget for reinforcements.

Now my powers of deduction, tell me, if it was just coaching.....Thierry Henry could coach all that in to them. I suspect that is wishful thinking.

I am still of the thought a proportion of our team is not good enough for promotion......squad maybe, but first team needs to be stronger for me.

We will see what happens.

I do agree to an extent Tro. But you have to remember who is it that signed most of these players?  

If you feel they are not good enough would you trust him with more money? 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

One thing i will say about bruce is he has never slated the fans here. He has always been humble talking about us so I don't expect any if those quotes. If he does leave and ever comes as a returning manager for the opposition he will get a great reception here.

Two words. Mass hysteria. 

• Like 3

Â