Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

A lot depends on the truth of what is happening. If the club is completely broke and about to go into administration then Bruce would probably take another job. If Tony is capable of weathering the storm then Bruce may still take another job other, but he won't be sacked. Anyway, it looks like the manager situation is down on the list of priorities at this time. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I can't figure out if Bruce becomes a more or less attractive option if we're in as much shit as we think we're in next season.

Yes, nothing is easy to predict at the moment, but if you think about it, we are probably likely to become even more like the sort of club Bruce typically manages - uninspiring, but hard working, nick one on the break. No more pesky expectations, so he can get on with surviving and surprising people with next season's mid table miracle.

It makes my piss boil the thought of Bruce staying. He has a readymade excuse - young lads, no money - and can walk away any time with his reputation intact. Despite the fact he has played a significant part in our downfall.

I really don't trust him to bring the best out of our U-23 players. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Didiersix said:

It makes my piss boil the thought of Bruce staying. He has a readymade excuse - young lads, no money - and can walk away any time with his reputation intact. Despite the fact he has played a significant part in our downfall.

Not being funny but we need someone now who can sort the defence and anything else is a bonus - that is Bruce in a nutshell. 

44 minutes ago, Didiersix said:

Edited by Eastie

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

A lot depends on the truth of what is happening. If the club is completely broke and about to go into administration then Bruce would probably take another job. If Tony is capable of weathering the storm then Bruce may still take another job other, but he won't be sacked. Anyway, it looks like the manager situation is down on the list of priorities at this time. 

Not entirely. Whether financial difficulty is true or engineered we have yet another toxic environment which is causing rot at the club.

That is going to have repercussions of its own and depending on how we recover from that will potentially determine how we fare on and off the pitch.

So disappointing after we turned a corner as a club and had a good crack at promotion. To have serious conflict of interest at the very top is the last thing the club needs.

I know Bruce has some flaws that don't seem to be changing in this lifetime, but he has character and enough competency to have obtained a fair amount of success in this division.

He's not going to come up with anything revolutionary but his attitude and likeability alone might get players working hard for him. Team spirit could be paramount to our season.

• Like 1

Quite annoying if his failure is now the reason he gets to keep his job. 

With the situation how it is, i would love a new manager to get behind. Just can't get inspired by bruce, his football and what will be constant moaning about the financial situation of the club.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

With the situation how it is, i would love a new manager to get behind. Just can't get inspired by bruce, his football and what will be constant moaning about the financial situation of the club.  

I just hope we don’t give it to Calderwood or Agnew if  Bruce walks ,  he stayed at hull until July before deciding he wanted out . 

‘Would be a case of out of the frying  pan into the fire . 

Edited by Eastie

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

This. Utterly ridiculous if Bruce is allowed to keep his job. He is most culpable in all of this.

With a new manager we'd at least have a chance of seeing something resembling football at Villa Park. 

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

We need some sort of stability and if that means keeping Bruce on then I'm all for it. 

I think the Bruce business has decended in to a side issue.....I think its more to do with, whether he wants to stay.

by the way, are we expecting to see Green grass when we return or Brown and an abandoned JCB

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, vreitti said:

This. Utterly ridiculous if Bruce is allowed to keep his job. He is most culpable in all of this.

With a new manager we'd at least have a chance of seeing something resembling football at Villa Park. 

As much as I agree with you the thought of Whelan and Jedinak playing a short passing game is a genuine fear

10 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Not quite sure what you mean by “all of this” but I can confirm 100% that Steve Bruce is NOT responsible for

the club’s failure to pay its tax bill

the owner’s failure to make provision for running costs in view of the change in policy of his government that meant he couldn’t move money from China

the utter rift between the owner and CEO that led to the CEO’s suspension

These are the things that are top of my mind at present. When you say Steve Bruce’s is most culpable for “all of this” it would be interesting to know what you think is actually going on at the club. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Not quite sure what you mean by “all of this” but I can confirm 100% that Steve Bruce is NOT responsible for

the owner’s failure to make provision for running costs in view of the change in policy of his government that meant he couldn’t move money from China

These are the things that are top of my mind at present. When you say Steve Bruce’s is most culpable for “all of this” it would be interesting to know what you think is actually going on at the club. 

Bruce is down the list. But his failure over 18 months has cemented the issue right now. 

6 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Of course I'm not suggesting that. I'm just trying to look at the bigger picture here. Xia put his faith in Wyness et.co., whom recommended Bruce, and we all know what happened afterwards.

Edited by vreitti

Â