Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

On 11/10/2016 at 23:13, Zatman said:

i fully agree with this, their is no real upside to this appointment especially if we only hire him for 2 years he will have 3 transfer windows and he has left his previous clubs with so many duds. he will leave us with another MON sized mess to clean up

Feel like i was right at the time :(

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

We lost 1-0 in a play off final. Was bruce on the pitch?

Was it bruce who was giving players like McCormack stupid wages on long term contracts? Or Richards?

Come on guys absolute nonsense to blame bruce for this its all at xia round and that oaf wyness 

"We lost 1- 0" To be honest I am sure you know all the common sense arguments around this but purposely choose to stick your head in the sand.

We obviously also did not perform well enough over 46 games to ensure we did not have to be in the situation where "losing 1-0" would be the difference between promotion, staying put, and financial ruin.

The finance situation, wages, and declarations at the start of the season, and in fact from last, will tell you all you need to know.

If we had went down 5-4 on penalties you would probably be arguing that we scored 4 goals and were unlucky.

It is pointless me regurgitating all of the arguments which have already been presented by several posters over the course of the season.

Hopefully the bank will give us a 50 million loan, and we can use "We lost the playoff final 1-0" as collateral.

22 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

"We lost 1- 0" To be honest I am sure you know all the common sense arguments around this but purposely choose to stick your head in the sand.

We obviously also did not perform well enough over 46 games to ensure we did not have to be in the situation where "losing 1-0" would be the difference between promotion, staying put, and financial ruin.

The finance situation, wages, and declarations at the start of the season, and in fact from last, will tell you all you need to know.

If we had went down 5-4 on penalties you would probably be arguing that we scored 4 goals and were unlucky.

It is pointless me regurgitating all of the arguments which have already been presented by several posters over the course of the season.

Hopefully the bank will give us a 50 million loan, and we can use "We lost the playoff final 1-0" as collateral.

Did you even read the rest of my post??

Since he's on a rolling contract I can't see how we could afford to keep him.

Best case scenario he resigns, but can't him doing that unless he has another job lined up. (Not shading him here, most managers in his position would not give up such a sweet contract for free)

Although I firmly believe paying good money for a good manager is one of the best investments a club can make. We really can't afford to keep paying him the alleged £1.5m /year.

Especially considering the 2 year failure and the rebuild we will have to do during the summer and next season

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Exactly this. Ellis screwed us more than xia and learner combined. 

That has got to be one of the most stupid comments I've ever read on vt. How exactly  have you come to that conclusion?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Get Grealish sold and he will technically become our biggest saviour in our history?

Hardly, we’ll be lucky to get £10-12m now and it’s seems that will only keep us going for about 8 weeks as things stand. The only saviour will be finding a rich investor to buy the club for £1 at Christmas and clear the debts. We have to hope that person has more than good intentions and actually knows what they are doing!

3 minutes ago, dappadan said:

Is it just me that thinks the best thing we could do is keep Bruce for a bit of stability at the club right now? 

There are a few brucettes left mate but not that many . 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dappadan said:

Is it just me that thinks the best thing we could do is keep Bruce for a bit of stability at the club right now? 

Absolutely. We’re now talking about a club that’s vastly different to what we saw last season, both on and off the field. The idea of changing the manager when we have no money and players who right now don’t know what’s going on seems staggering to me. Who else are we going to get now? I’m hoping he doesn’t walk and can try and motivate the players left that he has a relationship with until new owners come in and it’s then their decision to make. (Not about being a fan of Bruce btw)

Edited by Fight Like Lions

42 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Did you even read the rest of my post??

I did, and the sum still equates to the whole.

If he didn't fail his objective we would not be having this conversation at all.

We would be having light banter about the farce of McCormack etc instead.

6 minutes ago, dappadan said:

I do. Need continuity and team spirit now more than ever. Sexy football can wait.

2 minutes ago, Fight Like Lions said:

Absolutely. We’re now talking about a club that’s vastly different to what we saw last season, both on and off the field. The idea of changing the manager when we have no money and players who right now don’t know what’s going on seems staggering to me. Who else are we going to get now? I’m hoping he doesn’t walk and can try and motivate the players left that he has a relationship with until new owners come in and it’s then their decision. 

Lazy thinking.

I would rather restructure the whole coaching setup and bring in a a great TEAM of coaches and head coach structure than to keep a manager who has failed just because "we need stability". 

Was a lazy excuse then, and it's still a lazy excuse now.

It is still Aston Villa.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I do. Need continuity and team spirit now more than ever. Sexy football can wait.

Need a manager who can bring through the youth players and Instill confidence - not steve Bruce .

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lazy thinking.

I would rather restructure the whole coaching setup and bring in a a great TEAM of coaches and head coach structure than to keep a manager who has failed just because "we need stability". 

Was a lazy excuse then, and it's still a lazy excuse now.

It is still Aston Villa.

I’d rather wait a few months and restructure the whole lot when we have an owner in place who knows what he’s doing. Pointless doing it now with Xia in complete control, no CEO and no money.

25 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

That has got to be one of the most stupid comments I've ever read on vt. How exactly  have you come to that conclusion?

Simple fact of timing.

Learner and xia were dealing with the club from a low position. Ellis took us from top of the pile to mediorocracy, and kept us there as the game grew around us.

Bit of foresight and gumption and we could be on a different planet now. Inexcusable considering the low levels of risk.

If you disagree that's up to you but it irks me that this is glossed over.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Fight Like Lions said:

I’d rather wait a few months and restructure the whole lot when we have an owner in place who knows what he’s doing. Pointless doing it now with Xia in complete control, no CEO and no money.

Given RDM was Xia's choice - I would shudder at another Xia appointment.

• Like 1

Â