Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

41 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Why is there this clamour for the chairman to make a statement about Bruce?

If Bruce is staying, which I'm fairly sure will happen, why would Xia say anything?

It's probably business as usual at Villa once everybody has had a couple of weeks off. Just because we're not spoonfed information every day doesn't mean Bruce is sat there twiddling his thumbs not knowing if he's in a job or not.

exactly...if villa were to make a statement saying "Bruce will be our manager next season" it would certainly be the first time i've seen such a statement from any club...you assume they will be unless you see the skysports yellow bar saying they've been sacked

• Like 2

What we think we know .....Bruce won't have money to spend and he will have to sell our more sellable players  to pay the  wages of players we have  purchased and who are deemed not good enough to play for us ( last season) .

For me we have been mismanaged, yet again and how the football people in this club can explain their failures and keep their positions is beyond my comprehension.

The people who have selected the last few managers should go and we should get people in who can run a club and pick successful managers and or coaches.

Bruce did what we knew he would, no surprises. Unfortunately we can't fund another season of " experienced players" will get us up method, so he will have to change his method or leave.  

• Like 3

I think it's pretty simple. If we are going to put pressure on ourselves to go up next season, then the safe bet is to stick with Bruce. If next season is about rebuilding(AGAIN), and if we finish midtable, so be it, then Bruce has to go asap. Bruce is not a rebuilder, so he should have no part of it. Obviously we might want to put pressure on ourselves as a club, and bring in some players we might think can get us up. If so, I'd just stick with him, because we know what we get with Bruce. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tinker said:

For me we have been mismanaged, yet again and how the football people in this club can explain their failures and keep their positions is beyond my comprehension.

I think mismanaged is a little harsh. We gambled, knowing full well the risks and it backfired. Wolves did similar and got away with it. Its a risky strategy we took that didn't pay off. Its those slim, slim margins. A goal in the final could have changed everything.

Next year will be tough and the people at VP are going to have to work a little bit harder to make us promotion candidate without a blank cheque.

I'm really disappointed we didn't make it especially with our resources. I also agree with many that Bruce probably under achieved slightly. Saying that, I think he is still the best person we could realistically expect to have in charge and he'll get us in the mix next year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

exactly...if villa were to make a statement saying "Bruce will be our manager next season" it would certainly be the first time i've seen such a statement from any club...you assume they will be unless you see the skysports yellow bar saying they've been sacked

Because Bruce said I will stay so long as those above want me to.

And there is media circus building with rumours of cash flow problems - and a manager not knowing whether he has a job or not.

The longer it goes it without confirmation - the more likley that he has\will be sacked when he gets back from holiday. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He is, but he might be the only stability we have going into the season.

Bruce has jumped ship many times in the past - he won’t stick around here . 

Bruce leaving is the last thing the club needs, we are clearly a mess in the board room and need to spend time fixing that and working on FFP. The one bit of stability we have currently is the Bruce and the remaining squad of players.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, villarule123 said:

Perfect excuse for him to walk away with the news coming out of the club tonight!

Walk away held high high - he will soon land another job , he’s had  a terrible year family wise and doesn’t need all this farce .

Bruce has left many clubs by choice in his time - I think most people would understand him walking away from this . 

Just now, Eastie said:

Walk away held high high - he will soon land another job , he’s had  a terrible year family wise and doesn’t need all this farce .

Bruce has left many clubs by choice in his time - I think most people would understand him walking away from this . 

Will happen pretty fast if it will happen IMO.

Â