Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

48 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

It is a situation that will have been forced on him and without any choice it may be something he can embrace and go with and may actually turn out to be a good thing that he can't revert to what he has done in the past and bring in/rely on experienced players.

Given what has happened this week and what is likely to happen before the season starts with Grealish almost certainly moving on and possibly Chester expectation won't be as high from supporters and that also may not be a bad thing. I am not sure Bruce handled that pressure too well at times last season and without it may be less cautious and more inclined to have us playing more freely.

I don't see him getting sacked now and I don't see him walking. I think the club will want continuity and a been there done it safe pair of hands to lead us at this time. I also think Bruce will back himself even in challenging times to still be able to take the club forward.

Again with the **** "safe pair of hands" bullshit. 

Seriously though, what makes you think Bruce will ever abandon his overcautious approach? I can guarantee you and everybody else, it'll only get worse with lesser players, and we all know the excuses will be ready-made once the inevitable occurs.

Honestly I question the sanity of each and everyone still wanting Bruce to remain as manager. We really have gone beyond the point of no return.

• Like 2

We’re in the shit financially, Bruce is well respected and connected within the game, we’ll need his connections to loan players seeing as we can’t buy any for the forseeable future.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It should not be up to him. We shouldn't be waiting for steve **** bruce to decide. 

Maybe they will tell him on Monday his contract is being terminated - until they meet its anyone’s guess what will happen .

his recent comment about Hutton being offered a new deal if he has his way suggest he doesn’t realise the extent of the financial mess we are in.

Edited by Eastie

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So I take it you are not happy with the reports that he is likely staying as budgets will be discussed with bruce on Monday?

Personally I'm happy with bruce still here as he knows the youngsters here so I'm hopeful he will get the balance right of which to throw in and which to loan out.

You could argue "bruce doesn't use youngsters" however i am confident he can do it. I think it would be chaos if bruce left. I mean who the hell is going to want to come here under the current circumstances. Let's be realistic. 

Until the meeting on Monday when budgets and finances will be discussed no final decision will be made - he may intend to stay now but find things far worse than he imagined - I wouldn’t crow too much until Monday evening if I were you dem ;)

20 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Why would he walk, easy job on big money. No difficult expectations and a load of ready made excuses if it doesn't work out. 

That’s why I knew he wouldn’t walk ?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, fifamad said:

I did say he wouldn’t walk ?

comment not directed at you but I said in this thread he will stay and few were saying no chance

Until after Monday’s meeting I wouldn’t be too cocksure of anything .

Bruce has walked out on numerous clubs in his career - don’t be surprised to see him go from this one . 

1 minute ago, fifamad said:

That’s why I knew he wouldn’t walk ?

But you don’t know do you - until he meets the club on Monday nobody knows .

his intention may be to stay now but on Monday he may find the position untenable . 

34 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So I take it you are not happy with the reports that he is likely staying as budgets will be discussed with bruce on Monday?

Personally I'm happy with bruce still here as he knows the youngsters here so I'm hopeful he will get the balance right of which to throw in and which to loan out.

You could argue "bruce doesn't use youngsters" however i am confident he can do it. I think it would be chaos if bruce left. I mean who the hell is going to want to come here under the current circumstances. Let's be realistic. 

Im not, but to be fair i'm happy we at least have a budget and if he stays i'll just have to get behind him/them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

But you don’t know do you - until he meets the club on Monday nobody knows .

his intention may be to stay now but on Monday he may find the position untenable . 

Why would he walk? As stated he has a win win situation, if he struggles (which I believe he will as he’s a below average manager) he will just blame the circumstances, if he flukes a decent season he will look great, he’s in a handsomely paid low pressure job, why walk? 

5 minutes ago, fifamad said:

Why would he walk? As stated he has a win win situation, if he struggles (which I believe he will as he’s a below average manager) he will just blame the circumstances, if he flukes a decent season he will look great, he’s in a handsomely paid low pressure job, why walk? 

Could equally be said he’s in a no win situation - there will be plenty of fans on his back from the start and there’s literally no hope of promotion - if he stayed it would end in tears and welll befpre xmas in my opinion.

i still believe he will leave the club by mutual consent in the next few days . 

‘He can go now with his head held high, reputation intact and walk into another job when he’s ready - why risk it all on a no win situation at villa . 

‘All about opinions - this time next week we will know either way .  

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

currently being reported on Sky Sports News he will be told on Monday what budget he has for next season.

clearly suggests he is still going to be in charge.....but surely under the current circumstances you dont need to be a rocket scientist to know its going to be the square root of jack shit

17 minutes ago, imavillan said:

currently being reported on Sky Sports News he will be told on Monday what budget he has for next season.

clearly suggests he is still going to be in charge.....but surely under the current circumstances you dont need to be a rocket scientist to know its going to be the square root of jack shit

He may well be in charge and my early prediction on the matter is that he will have a mammoth task in hand in a bid to cut this FFP deficit.

Sell and not even think about buying anyone or trying to be loaning people on stupid wages as it won't be happening now the Dr is behind the desk momentarily until a new CEO is appointed.

Can he work with that restraint? Will he work with it? Will he walk once he discovers the reality of the task ahead?

Could be just another manic Monday!

15 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He may well be in charge and my early prediction on the matter is that he will have a mammoth task in hand in a bid to cut this FFP deficit.

Sell and not even think about buying anyone or trying to be loaning people on stupid wages as it won't be happening now the Dr is behind the desk momentarily until a new CEO is appointed.

Can he work with that restraint? Will he work with it? Will he walk once he discovers the reality of the task ahead?

Could be just another manic Monday!

Exactly this - until he’s aware of the financial restrictions who knows - on Monday the decision will be made either way , until then nothing is certain .

ive read many times managers going for talks and being fired - I remember redknapp thinking he was going to discuss the budget at spurs only to find 30 minutes later he was out of a job . 

‘Let’s see what Monday brings ......

• Like 1

Bollocks to the 'safe pair of hands' argument. Look where that's got us. Bearing in mind we'll be left with not much else than a bunch of promising youngsters there's only one man for the job to unify a disenchanted fanbase and rouse our spirits.....

....bring on King Olof!

Â