Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They need to hurry up and  back or sack him. If they intend to sack him they need to stop letting this drag on.

I think he is staying personally 

Don’t see any likelihood whatsoever of him staying but I agree there is no point prolonging this - there are players contracts to address and transfers loans etc to deal with .

Xia put out a statement alluding to major changes and the uncertainty around the club is no good to anyone . 

‘If as reported Bruce has heard nothing from the club about intentions , plans , budget or his own future then I feel sorry for him - the leadership at the top of this club is sadly  lacking at times . 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Bruce is as much in the dark as the rest of us

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/06/04/steve-bruces-aston-villa-future-uncertain-against-backdrop-financial/

"The failure to communicate with Bruce since Villa were narrowly beaten by Fulham over a fortnight ago is a sign of the confusion at Villa Park, with reports even claiming that owner Tony Xia is willing to sell up if he can find a buyer.

That has not been confirmed by anyone at the club, but Bruce is stuck in limbo and wants to address the matter urgently with the Villa hierarchy, even though he is supposed to be on holiday."

I think he is goner myself. 

Over a fortnight? Must be using the Steve Bruce calendar, he’s only been with is six months you know :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I think most football people are now on holiday, unless they’re involved in the World Cup. So even if Villa want to get on with changes that they wish to implement, those involved, players, coaches, decision makers etc are on the beach. Patience is not one of my stronger qualities, but I think we just have to wait until normal business is resumed. 

Cue the big announcement!! 

20 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think most football people are now on holiday, unless they’re involved in the World Cup. So even if Villa want to get on with changes that they wish to implement, those involved, players, coaches, decision makers etc are on the beach. Patience is not one of my stronger qualities, but I think we just have to wait until normal business is resumed. 

So while the likes of  huth , Hernandez and Dawson are all talking to or have agreed  moves to new clubs on frees those making desisions at villa  are all sitting on a beach ?

xia has come out with his big changes statement - lets get on with it so players manager and staff know where they stand . 

Edited by Eastie

6 minutes ago, Eastie said:

So while the likes of  huth , Hernandez and Dawson are all talking to or have agreed  moves to new clubs on frees those making desisions at villa  are all sitting on a beach ?

xia has come out with his big changes statement - lets get on with it so players manager and staff know where they stand . 

Classic Tony - The big statement then...........nothing !

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Eastie said:

16 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Well that blows my latest theory. Get on with it then Villa!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The management saga? No one knows what is the status with bruce is he staying or going?

Fat bloke down the pub reckons he's getting the boot on Wednesday.  (Bruce - not fat bloke) 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

They need to hurry up and  back or sack him. If they intend to sack him they need to stop letting this drag on.

I think he is staying personally 

Do you think Villa has cracked him?

Back, sack or crack. That’s the question.

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Your mom waited 9 months for you Dave.....extend the courtesy to others.?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

Your mom waited 9 months for you Dave.....extend the courtesy to others.?

That was my attempt at patience! My mother required lots of the stuff, as does my wife :)

• Haha 1

I think he's a goner, but I don't think they know what the new strategy or set up or personnel is going to be.  Until you settle on a plan, you would be advised not to burn the bridge behind you.  I'm not ITK, but next fat, bald guy I see, I'll ask him if he thinks this is right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Can we even afford to fire a manager with the reported FFP issues?

EDIT: Or is a he on a rolling 1 year deal?

Edited by Hornso
Added rolling contact query
  • Like 1

Â