Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Crikey I forgot pulis  is lurking out there - perish the thought :(

The prospect doesn’t fill me with Christmas Eve type excitement, (I have a 3 year old daughter, I’m and expert), but he has been a very effective manager over the years. Not a dream choice, but I dismissed Warnock as an idea, so don’t listen to me!

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Rafa Benithez or Quique Sanchez Flores..

will not be dropping down divisions to manage us. Quique just beat Atletico last night. 

Cant imagine he be pumped to beat Burton anytime soon ;)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

I hope and pray to McGrath that he has striker lined up for January.  It's great that we are there or thereabouts heading into the new year, but we can't rely on Davies, he needs help. 

It's gone beyond needing a striker. More like a miracle.

• Haha 1

I said it last week it’s like watching a car crash in slow motion he’s out of his depth, it won’t change even if we brought Ronaldo & Messi in January we’re still not getting promoted. And when that parachute payments dwindles down the good youth will get sold, we’ll be left with older diff players that aren’t doing it for us now, we’ll be down here a decade. 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You mean it's a choice between Pulis or Redknapp instead!!  :o

...and that is why Bruce won’t be sacked. 

1) He’s still got a very realistic chance of getting us promoted

2) It’s unlikely someone else come come in at this point and increase our chances of going up (with someone else’s squad).

Elphick, McCormack, Hogan, Lansbury, Hourihane, Bree.

All players with proven ability who were among the best in their team at this level, who have been made to look like amateurs at this club.

Half a dozen proven pros who can't be arsed, or a manager who can't use the talent at his disposal?

The man openly admits that he doesn't 'do tactics', and it shows. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

...and that is why Bruce won’t be sacked. 

1) He’s still got a very realistic chance of getting us promoted

2) It’s unlikely someone else come come in at this point and increase our chances of going up (with someone else’s squad).

How do you conclude that we have a very realistic chance of getting promoted when we cannot beat anyone in the top 6!

Any chances we have of getting promoted under Bruce are based on blind faith and belief alone. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

But if we didn’t, it would obviously be Bruce’s fault :lol: 

Yes it would, I think you're trying to be funny, but if a team with Ronaldo and Messi in the championship didn't win you would have to blame the manager.....

Then again you could always blame the hysterical fans!

Â