Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, Danishlad said:

Yes, I thought that too- Grealish was dominating then we change to 442 with high balls into the box aiming for Hogan and Gabby. It didn't make any sense to me.

We probably had the ball on the ground too much for Bruce liking ;) 

Failing to win from a commanding position today is 100% on Bruce. Not because of selection or tactics or failure to inspire but because of his unforgivable negligence in leaving our central defensive options so bare and so exposed to injury problems. 

He should have brought in at least one capable experienced but not old central defender but instead left us threadbare and bought all those right backs and right sided midfielders that we just didn't need. 

He was responsible for this and he should pay the price for a catastrophic error which will probably cost us promotion just for want of a little bit of cover. 

Edited by sidcow

He is blaming individual mistakes again, as he has done ever since he arrived.

But this is the Championship. Everyone makes mistakes.

It seems lost on him that the reason mistakes keep “costing us” is because we create pathetically little of merit at the other end of the pitch.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Failing to win from a commanding position today is 100% on Bruce. Not because of selection or tactics or failure to inspire but because of his unforgivable negligence in leaving our central defensive options so bare and so exposed to injury problems. 

He should have brought in at least one capable experienced but not old central defender but instead left us threadbare and bought all those right backs and right sided midfielders that we just didn't need. 

He was responsible for this and he should pay the price for a catastrophic error which will probably cost us promotion just for want of a little bit of cover. 

In my view it was never a commanding position, because we dont play commanding football.

And - again in my view - a failure to get promoted will be the complete absence of quality or useful pattern to our play on a weekly basis, not on how many centre halves we have.

• Like 1

Sick of his  excuses now - he’s at a big club with a big squad and has spent big money - has come up short of results and is very lucky that wyness and round are sticking by him because they haven’t got the balls to sack him  and admit they were wrong 

Edited by Eastie

6 minutes ago, terrytini said:

In my view it was never a commanding position, because we dont play commanding football.

And - again in my view - a failure to get promoted will be the complete absence of quality or useful pattern to our play on a weekly basis, not on how many centre halves we have.

If we were 2-0 up with a proper half decent central defender in position instead of a midfielder who's good for heading a ball and little else, we would not have failed to win. 

Edited by sidcow

Â