Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

The breaking point will be when Brentford give us a footballing lesson on Boxing Day live to the nation.

Halfway point we are the 6th best team.  Do you think he we will improve the 2nd half of the season?  If the answer is yes you have seen something I have not seen since he has been here.

We have had no luck with injuries but then the manager should have the skills to change things and cover this.

We have a massive chance to go up this year but I have no faith in Bruce to achieve that.  Hope I am wrong.

He has to go before the window opens. He will likely waste more money on PL has beens and f##k the club up for years to come. 

They need to pull trigger now. 

The football nation would rip the f##k out of the fans of this club for calling for the managers head whilst still in the play-offs and Dr Tony would take some stick from Bruce's pals in the press for wielding the axe too, if he sacked him now. 

I think the only chance of seeing him gone is when we drop out of the top 6 and we don't get back into it after a couple of games. It's the business end of the season and Xia will have seen enough to know in his own heart/mind whether he thinks Bruce can get them back into the play-offs and believe we can win it. I would say a vote amongst fans would show that a majority would believe that we wouldn't get promoted via the play-off route - simply because of our form against the top teams in this league. 

Monk getting sacked will hopefully be a wake-up call for Bruce and he will sort out this slide we are in. If he doesn't he may not have too many more games as boss of his biggest ever club. 

4 minutes ago, villarocker said:

The football nation would rip the f##k out of the fans of this club for calling for the managers head whilst still in the play-offs and Dr Tony would take some stick from Bruce's pals in the press for wielding the axe too, if he sacked him now. 

Our aim is promotion, and we have a better chance of that without Bruce. I don't give a f##k what anyone else thinks of the decision. 

Anyone will an ounce of football knowledge would say that this squad of players should be aiming slightly higher than hoping for a playoff spot. 

5 minutes ago, GrassyNoel said:

The board sanctioning the appointment of Steve Agnew as first team coach is either them backing Bruce’s setup and future here, or their final throw of the dice to get us doing something different. I can’t decide which.

I'm not sure what would  be worse.

Backing him is worrying because it would suggest they think he is doing a good job.

A last throw of the dice would suggest they aren't happy with how the team are progressing but haven't got the balls/money/plan moving forward, to sack him. 

Both very, very worrying.

Edited by av1

13 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Monk getting sacked will hopefully be a wake-up call for Bruce 

I don't see why it would make a difference.  I don't think Bruce is just coasting along and making little effort.  It's more that what he does isn't what is needed, and he doesn't seem able to find a better way.

Does anyone see the similarities

a - Bruce buys Hogan -> we really go to shit

b - Bruce gets Agnew in -> ???????

Just as much as I think Hogan is not the problem. Neither will Agnew be the problem.

Problem nr 1 is Bruce

Problem nr 2 is Wyness

Problem nr 3 is - DrT must be present at VP BMH to at least oversee that things are progressing. If he can find a Levy or the guy who was at ManU then Chelsea, then he can sit back and let a pro run the show. Untill then we have no leadership and will therefore not have any kind of concept or philosophy for the future

Bruce Out

Wyness Out

Comcept & Philosophy in

I'm starting to think make the change now and start preparing for next season. Give the new guy half a season to assess who can fit in to his style of play, male subtle changes, determine who will be part of next season campaign etc. 

I know there is still half a season to go and we have Terry to return but we just do not look like a team capable of promotion and without a top class striker it's very unlikely. 

42 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Just to add to this. Middlesbrough are only 3 points behind us. They have a much weaker squad (imo), and have spent considerably less (Assombalonga sp?) aside. I wonder if the footballing world are ripping the piss out of Middlesbrough this morning for sacking Monk?

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Just to add to this. Middlesbrough are only 3 points behind us. They have a much weaker squad (imo), and have spent considerably less (Assombalonga sp?) aside. I wonder if the footballing world are ripping the piss out of Middlesbrough this morning for sacking Monk?

I could not care less what others think. We need to act soon. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

I believe they are. 

But either way it shouldn't matter and don't think the club should make their decisions based on what the outside world think. They should make their decisions based on the fact we aren't improving and the fans have had enough. 

I think those that are really passionate about Bruce being sacked should boycott games and force the club to act.. But that's just my opinion and i appriecate it's not realistic.

Just now, DCJonah said:

I could not care less what others think. We need to act soon. 

Totally agree. Any change needs to happen now before the window opens. These players have been drilled to play 'pullis ball' for over 12 months now. Any new manager will need a little time and 1 or 2 players of his own to try and change that mentality. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think those that are really passionate about Bruce being sacked should boycott games and force the club to act.. But that's just my opinion and i appriecate it's not realistic.

Yesterday aside, the attendances have been crap this season so i think many are. But you are right, as mass boycott will never happen. I've paid for a season ticket and as shit as it is, Bruce isn't going to stop me doing something i love. 

He has to go before any more damage is done. I have been boycotting going now for almost a year for various reasons ( mostly Bruce related tbf )  I have had numerous calls from the ticket office trying to get me to renew my membership and offering me great deals however I have explained to them that until I have something to get behind and get some enjoyment from watching them live they will not got another penny out of me. I can't justify the expense and time away from the family watching the turgid football on offer. Call me out all you want for not being a true fan or whatever but Until he is gone I won't be making much effort to go and watch them play.

He has to go ! He isn't the right man and we have wasted 18months of valuable rebuilding time for the squad on 2 bad managerial appointments. Well done Dr Xia & Wyness !? 

48 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Does anyone see the similarities

a - Bruce buys Hogan -> we really go to shit

b - Bruce gets Agnew in -> ???????

Just as much as I think Hogan is not the problem. Neither will Agnew be the problem.

Problem nr 1 is Bruce

Problem nr 2 is Wyness

Problem nr 3 is - DrT must be present at VP BMH to at least oversee that things are progressing. If he can find a Levy or the guy who was at ManU then Chelsea, then he can sit back and let a pro run the show. Untill then we have no leadership and will therefore not have any kind of concept or philosophy for the future

Bruce Out

Wyness Out

Comcept & Philosophy in

But, there is absolutely nothing to suggest this abstract ...concept & philisophy will come in, even if we sack Bruce.

we cannot attract Pepe.

Believe me, after that debacle, I am no where near defending him like i have.....that was a shocking display of incompetence.

I watch every match the same flaws, same errors, same weaknesses.....its simply not being addressed.

Even "strictly" you can identify individual improvement.......not with our lot , if it wasn't so serious, it would be an absolute joke.

If we had an opportunity of bringing in someone, with a previous that would suggest progress, i would be tempted.

Edited by TRO

Â