Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

9 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

We would.  If we had those two up front in this league we'd walk it.

I still think he’d find a way to feck it up, for a start both would want it to their feet and I’d bet good  money Johnstone would be told “boot it to Chris, Lionel look for the flick on”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

We will be in the championship next season, if we finish in the play offs we wont beat derby, bristol or Sheffield utd. 

Derby won’t be in the play offs in my opinion - they will go up with wolves .

if we make the play offs I’d expect boro and Leeds to be in there too .

shpuld we take 1 point from the next 3 games as I expect then we will be adrift of the top 6 and surely xia would have to act 

Edited by Eastie

9 hours ago, Davkaus said:

You said that being 6th in the Championship at this point is like being 4th in the PL at this point, which just isn't true.

Yes it is as both have a realistic chance of finishing in that position if they occupy it at the half way point of the season.

You don’t like Bruce, I get it an understand it too. I’m just offering a bit of unemotional discussion.

Whilst Villa are in a place where we have a realistic chance of promotion (VT won’t agree but I suspect most other people would probably look at the table and agree it was realistic) then Bruce won’t be sacked. That’s my opinion.

We also have a horrific record of replacing our manager for the better so again, I’m deeply cautious about this line of action. It would also be a tonne of more money down the drain.

1 hour ago, Dick said:

This season, how it has gone. A timeline:

September:

- Yeah we should get automatic

October:

- Automatic is the aim

- We need to get close to the top 2

November:

- We can still get second

- We are a few points from second.

- 3rd is good, we ahould catch Cardiff.

- 4th is still close but we can’t let the gap grow more.

December

- We are still in the play-off places, which is the aim.

- We won’t catch Wolves

- We are losing ground on 2nd

- Play offs were always the aim

- 6th is good, we are doing well.

and then.....?

January

- Only a few points away from the play offs, have faith.

- Play off hopes not over yet

- We just need a win and a draw to get 6th

Feb:

- We go on a good run and we can get there

- Play offs were the aim anyway, 8th is good for this time of the year.

Is that what progress looks like?

I don't think Bruce will be here if we start showing signs of falling off the pace. I reckon that if we drop out of the play-off places he will have a couple of games to get back in and then get sacked if it doesn't happen. What would be the point of giving him another season when he has exhausted all resources?

I think he would give someone else a go at the last remaining games to turn it around and if it fails they would have the end of the season to get used to the players and work on who needs replacing and potential signings to go into next season with. 

It’s not gonna happen I know but I’d get Dean Smith in ASAP and he could build a team (yes a TEAM) for the future playing good football. He is Villa through and through and is a very good manager. Look what he has achieved at Brentford even though all his best players were poached.

PS. I am not a Bruce hater but he is not the way. If he did get us up (big if)   

We’d be straight down again!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Intersting to see what’s gone on there as monk had no idea after the win and to sack him just before Xmas after an away win seems odd timing - maybe they have lined up clement or bilic although it seems pulis is 3/10 on 

As for us I  have no faith in wyness or round making a decision - would probably end up with mick  McCarthy or some other footballing relic . 

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with Monk. If Bruce goes, they'll want a modern manager and Monk seems like a manager Wyness, Round & Xia would be interested in - average, conservative and uninspiring.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I see all the anger vented at one man and while I want him out I also want half the team to go with him. 

Unfortunately this is impossible. 

Who signed those players though? And  let go of players who in my opinion had a lot more quality and potential to bring them in?

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I agree... as a fan. Would you be more cautious if you owned the club?

Very much so but yesterday would have been a defining moment for me. 

As I mentioned when fans are very vocally booing the team and manager during a game then change is surely needed? 

It felt like a collective 'enough is enough'.

Im not saying Dean Smith is the answer but something needs to be done. 

The ground has become toxic. 

34 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Club should be sounding out Dean Smith.  Take a f**king chance. From where I'm sitting there isn't that much to lose anymore. 

I wasn’t keen on this suggestion earlier in the season but now I agree . 

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Very much so but yesterday would have been a defining moment for me. 

As I mentioned when fans are very vocally booing the team and manager during a game then change is surely needed? 

It felt like a collective 'enough is enough'.

Im not saying Dean Smith is the answer but something needs to be done. 

The ground has become toxic. 

If things go the way I fear in the next 3 games then Bristol city could be the breaking point for Bruce and could be a toxic atmosphere .

Edited by Eastie

Â