Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It's not  just Bruce. The whole setup is a joke.

Ya know what?  I agree.  It’s pretty much what I said last February.  But the club, and too many fans, accept half-arsed as the best we can do considering...... (fill in the blank)

It’s a mindset at the club and it’s been our downfall since late Lambert days.   And it’s why “nobody” is held accountable.   (Except maybe RDM.... frankly, the board probably owes RDM an apology for dumping him and then tolerating and excusing everything since)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This is the problem. The individuals errors are just red herrings. Had we won today it still doesn't change the fact we are a shit footballing team. 

Just sack Bruce and start again. When fans at home are booing their own team for keeping possession there is time for big changes. 

I don't think I've ever seen that happen at a ground in my life. 

In my opinion there wasn't really any booing of the team , the booing was aimed at the linesman and the ref who pretty much just guessed at everything

3 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

In my opinion there wasn't really any booing of the team , the booing was aimed at the linesman and the ref who pretty much just guessed at everything

No question for me the booing was at the team going backwards instead of trying to go forward and several times  too .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GrassyNoel said:

It seemed to me we were booing the hoof balls. I might be wrong though, it’s been known. 

I acknowledge that things become a little more desperate with 20 minutes left when you are chasing a goal, but the tactics were horrific. 

He starts with a big target man and sets up to play football through Grealish, he then brings on Gabby and Hogan, moves Grealish to the left and starts lumping it forward. 

The bloke is absolutely clueless. 

Bruce's Villa are proving time and again that we cannot beat the better teams in this league. Beating the lower teams only will not gain you promotion - we have to beat those above and around us otherwise we are stuck in this league for one more season, at least!

3 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

my bad then peeps , in the corner of the holte by the trinity it seemed to be aimed at the officials , in my opinion of course

The officials did get some booing too at Times but the tactics and failure to go forward were by far the most occasions for booing 

4 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Bruce's Villa are proving time and again that we cannot beat the better teams in this league. Beating the lower teams only will not gain you promotion - we have to beat those above and around us otherwise we are stuck in this league for one more season, at least!

I think it will be a much weaker team next season and there will be major cutbacks to fall in with ffp - we will have to go down the Leeds route with a lot of kids in the team .

no promotion this season could mean a long while before we challenge for it again 

Edited by Eastie

If we're going to blame anyone then it should be the ones that selected Bruce as the manager. If we ask the same people to pick another manager then it will  be a similar selection . Tried and tested , possible old school type manager from the established premier league/ championship manager pool, Pulis, Moyes, Pardue. They may take a bit of a risk and pick a Terry or Neville type manager, ex high profile player .

We need a forward thinking board who will explore options outside of the established names. And do due diligence on them and any players they want to sign or sell.

Even if we go up through the play offs there is no way Bruce is capable of keeping us in the premier league with his tactics and the type of players he would want to buy.

Our issues stem from a lack of knowledge at the very top of the club and have been for years, Lerner, Xia and arguably Ellis, but at least Ellis did his due diligence on player purchases and realised he had made a mistake when appointmenting managers and moved on quickly enough to minimise the damage .

• Like 3

Â