Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Complacent.  The board, the manager, his supporters will all say it’s down to Injuries,  individual errors... basically it’s everyone’s fault.  So no one is accountable.  Lerner has trained our club to think that crap is the best we can do.  Our only hope is for Dr x to get pissed and start kicking ass.  But the board will calm him down with assurances that we are capable of no more than this.  I’m past merely Bruce out.  If Wyness and Round support this mediocrity, they need to go, too.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I look forward to the end of the season when we should finally see Steve Bruce go. It's a waiting game until then. 

Get rid now and let Terry have a run at it. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Impossible to say.

Of course it's impossible to say. It's just my opinion which I am stating. 

If you only want me to write things which are 100% guaranteed to be correct and corroborated it's going to be a very dull messageboard. 

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If we were 2-0 up with a proper half decent central defender in position instead of a midfielder who's good for heading a ball and little else, we would not have failed to win. 

Probably. But a combination of poor preparation for the season and injuries mean we haven't got one.

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Get rid now and let Terry have a run at it. 

Like I said last week, there's not a chance he'll be gone before the season is finished. Hiring another coach midweek proved that. 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Probably. But a combination of poor preparation for the season and injuries mean we haven't got one.

I think you need to read back to my original post, that was my point. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Of course it's impossible to say. It's just my opinion which I am stating. 

If you only want me to write things which are 100% guaranteed to be correct and corroborated it's going to be a very dull messageboard. 

Well you said “ we would not have lost” in reply to me. Sounded like you were stating something you believed to be a fact. Had you said the less strident “ I don’t think we’d have lost” I wouldn’t have answered !!

Never mind, the point is you are blaming the lack of a centre half, I am blaming the lack of anything resembling a threatening coherent style of play.

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

Why play snodgrass?

Why move Grealish out of the middle despite him looking the j my one likely to anything?

Why bring on Hogan, yet move his only supply (JG)?

To not even test their keeper second half shows just how poor we were.

I struggle to recall any game where the opposition keeper has had to play well against us. I’m sure there have been a couple,  but really, we are a pathetically poor side offensively. 

Just now, sidcow said:

I think you need to read back to my original post, that was my point. 

Then I agree. 

I don't blame Bruce for playing Jed there. But I do blame Bruce and the club as a whole for starting the season with only 3 decent centre halves with 1 of them 37 and the other played very little football in years.

I guess a lot of is is down to FFP but the fact the club even got in to that state is actually quite embarrassing. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Well you said “ we would not have lost” in reply to me. Sounded like you were stating something you believed to be a fact. Had you said the less strident “ I don’t think we’d have lost” I wouldn’t have answered !!

Never mind, the point is you are blaming the lack of a centre half, I am blaming the lack of anything resembling a threatening coherent style of play.

I blame the whole season for that, I am blaming the reason for us failing to win today on Bruce for not ensuring our squad had proper depth whilst spending money elsewhere on already well covered positions. 

I think I'll leave it there thanks Terry. 

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

I struggle to recall any game where the opposition keeper has had to play well against us. I’m sure there have been a couple,  but really, we are a pathetically poor side offensively. 

This is the problem. The individuals errors are just red herrings. Had we won today it still doesn't change the fact we are a shit footballing team. 

Just sack Bruce and start again. When fans at home are booing their own team for keeping possession there is time for big changes. 

I don't think I've ever seen that happen at a ground in my life. 

• Thanks 3

When he sold Baker he said he was happy with “ the numbers I’ve got, I’ve got good cover else I wouldn’t have let him go”

He then cited Samba and “ also Micah if he gets fit”.

So at the very least his judgment was appalling ( as pretty much everyone said at the time ).

But it’s irrelevant in my view. We create nowhere near enough at the other end of the pitch to be comfortable in any game.

22 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Complacent.  The board, the manager, his supporters will all say it’s down to Injuries,  individual errors... basically it’s everyone’s fault.  So no one is accountable.  Lerner has trained our club to think that crap is the best we can do.  Our only hope is for Dr x to get pissed and start kicking ass.  But the board will calm him down with assurances that we are capable of no more than this.  I’m past merely Bruce out.  If Wyness and Round support this mediocrity, they need to go, too.  

It's not  just Bruce. The whole setup is a joke.

• Like 1

Â