Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

42 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

im amazed at how many villa fans now like bruce just because hes here, considering there probably wasnt even 1 villa supporter not so along ago that liked him at all, you could say he was one of the most hated, up there with hitler and robbie savage.

ok, so hes got the club into winning ways, but can it continue? i doubt it, can he get us a win against small heath alliance? i doubt that also, considering hes got so many fond memories there and is considered a fans favourite.

Wut?

1 hour ago, Michael118 said:

Sunderland under Allardyce, Swansea under Guidolin or Watford under Flores would all have been as good as safe this season.

I didn't address your 2nd paragraph because I had nothing left to add. I can't speak about his midtable finishes because I didn't follow the Premier League as closely then. There are so many factors which could have played a part in those. The landscape has changed now also.

But your willing to laud guidolin as guiding Swansea do as 'good as safe' despite being in the bottom 3 when he left and little history in the premier league. And you won't give Bruce a chance despite having many mid table finishes. Have some consistency man!! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

But your willing to laud guidolin as guiding Swansea do as 'good as safe' despite being in the bottom 3 when he left and little history in the premier league. And you won't give Bruce a chance despite having many mid table finishes. Have some consistency man!! 

Swansea had some tough fixtures and their performances were good in general.

I am more than consistent. My opinions usually don't change much once they have been formed. I just don't base them heavily on past results. 

5 hours ago, AndyBM said:

im amazed at how many villa fans now like bruce just because hes here, considering there probably wasnt even 1 villa supporter not so along ago that liked him at all, you could say he was one of the most hated, up there with hitler and robbie savage.

Thats simply wrong Andy. Bruce featured prominently in every single fans poll i saw. There were plenty of us that wanted him.  

6 hours ago, AndyBM said:

ok, so hes got the club into winning ways, but can it continue? i doubt it, can he get us a win against small heath alliance? i doubt that also, considering hes got so many fond memories there and is considered a fans favourite.

That is not one of your typical posts Andy.....Only for your name next to it,could i know it was you.

personally,I have always liked him.....I think he is a very personable guy.....one you could go and have a pint with and feel comfortable in his company.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

On 29/10/2016 at 07:35, Michael118 said:

Please stop kidding yourself.

There is a small chance Bruce could get us out of the Championship.

There is no chance he is pushing us on in the Premier League if we get there if it's as strong as it was last season. 

I think Bruce's history of promotions suggests that "small chance" is wrong, unless you mean this season, when I'd agree completely.  As for the premier league if we ever get back, then his history also suggests you're right. 

• Like 1

What Steve Bruce has done in the past is merely a guide and no more.History is just that, history.

The circumstances at each club is different, with different challenges and that includes different restrictions.

We will just have to wait and see, what he can do with us.....but if his enthusiasm for being here,is anything to go by, we will be ok.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Swansea had some tough fixtures and their performances were good in general.

I am more than consistent. My opinions usually don't change much once they have been formed. I just don't base them heavily on past results. 

Do you use a magic 8 ball?

On 10/29/2016 at 11:50, AndyBM said:

I don't really know how anyone could hate him, he has never come across as a bad person, always seemed like a decent fella. He is almost certainly proven at this level so again, you can't really knock the appointment of someone who has delivered in the Championship and has had a lot of Premier League mangement experience on top of that. 

• Like 2

I thought he always came across as a fairly decent bloke, even when he was at the scum. There was the expected thin layer of grime, but a shower sorts that out.

It's not like he's a lifelong nose that hated Villa, he's a geordie who spent his playing career at Man United ffs, it was just a job, the same as Villa is just a job.

Honestly, I'm just glad someone's finally getting us some wins, I'd forgot what it was like to see Villa win football matches. He can sing Shit on the Villa in the shower for all I care, if we keep winning.

Think we need to get used to games like this under this guy. I highlighted my concern last week. If we play a game where we don't impose ourselves enough and allow them to have possession then we will struggle to win games. 

Bar The header which was brilliant we have done nothing in what has been an utterly appalling game or football.

Â