Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Nothing really informative from a Villa perspective on Talk Sport. Just the usual (we were in a losing mentality, huge club, good proven championship players).The rest was talks about Bruce's weight loss and Wayne Rooney. 

47 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Nothing really informative from a Villa perspective on Talk Sport. Just the usual (we were in a losing mentality, huge club, good proven championship players).The rest was talks about Bruce's weight loss and Wayne Rooney. 

Was a strange show altogether. Not that I'm a fan of the general BS that comes out of Brazil and micky quinns' mouths but later on there were speaking to Roger Moore about anything but sport.

28 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I said that about the current manager arriving..  look how that is turning out   ;)

Haha, OK but the difference there is the 'current manager' was still being promoted twice in the past 3 seasons before he came in so he had form even if we didn't want him.  Bent on the other hand has scored no league goals this season (and he is playing), after scoring 3 times in 25 appearances last season after scoring 14 in 30 the previous season.  So one's still doing it whereas the other is trailing off massively into his twilight years!  And at 32 years of age I don't see him turning back around that corner.

I'm with Trent.  Just no :) 

13 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You are right there. I wonder if any other prem club came in for him in Jan, if not, I feel we should make a bid to Sunderland in for him. They are basically **** this season and I would be amazed if Moyes was still there come Jan.

Otherwise, I feel we could see Bent possibly return?

Defoe is on a very healthy and lengthy contract given his age so no chance.

Darren **** Bent????

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I hope Brucie assembles his backroom team soon, think that is going to be important as the season progresses 

He isn't.

He brought in Clemence as first team coach, may also bring in assistant but rest will be picked by Steve Round.

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

He isn't.

He brought in Clemence as first team coach, may also bring in assistant but rest will be picked by Steve Round.

Anyone else slightly concerned about this? Surely it would be better if Bruce gets his trusted guys in who he knows and has worked with? What happens if Round appoints people that dont get on with Bruce or whose fitness programs are not designed for the way Bruce wants us to play?

And what sort of experience has Round got in recruiting these types of people? As far as I am aware he was assistant manager and coaching at some clubs?

Edited by Demitri_C

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone else slightly concerned about this? Surely it would be better if Bruce gets his trusted guys in who he knows and has worked with? What happens if Round appoints people that dont get on with Bruce or whose fitness programs are not designed for the way Bruce wants us to play?

And what sort of experience has Round got in recruiting these types of people? As far as I am aware he was assistant manager and coaching at some clubs?

I would imagine that Round will hire in consultation with others at the club.  Bruce being one of those others.  But ultimately that's the football structure here and it is Round's responsibility to get it right.  Bruce will have known that when he signed up.  It won't come as a surprise to him.  They're both on the same side, and Round won't knowingly hire someone that Bruce i) doesn't want ii) can't get on with.  As either of those things are detrimental to the club's fortunes.

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes. 

But then look how many coaches we've paid off with managers over the last few years, the club are trying rightly or wrongly to change it.

So that when the manager changes everything doesn't have to change. Although it doesn't stop managers taking people with them to other clubs.

I'm not sure I agree with it but I see the logic.

As for Round, I'm really not sure any of us can assess that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

He isn't.

Yeah, read the Wyness snippet yesterday about "stability" was an issue. So in future we will have our core structure, and only 2 or 3 staff will change with a manager. I like this to be honest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Yes. 

But then look how many coaches we've paid off with managers over the last few years, the club are trying rightly or wrongly to change it.

So that when the manager changes everything doesn't have to change. Although it doesn't stop managers taking people with them to other clubs.

I'm not sure I agree with it but I see the logic.

As for Round, I'm really not sure any of us can assess that.

Yeah I think I read wasnt something stupid like 23? The money alone wasted on that. I would like to hope so, but perhaps many high quality managers may not like that structure and wish to bring their own people. It could go either way. I like you see the logic but cant see if thats right or wrong at this stage. i guess we have to see how it pans out. Like @BOF says you would like to think Round is working with Bruce to identify who we want to bring in. That logically makes more sense then just hiring a random person with just a reputation. 

We cant afford anymore mistakes

On 23/10/2016 at 10:20, Michael118 said:

Care to elaborate?

Sorry I just saw this. He's married to a family friend of ours. Left Brentford to come to us and has previous with Small Heath and WBA. 

I told our friend to tell him that he has the biggest job at the club right now what with the late goals and he's turned it around quick! 

• Like 1

Â