Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

As long as Bruce has the immediate coaching staff he wants I think it's a good idea that things like fitness are over seen by the club. All players at the club from youth to 1st team need a permanent fitness coach who can tailor things to their needs. Having forever changing fitness coaches can't help and looking at Gabby that's spot on!! 

23 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Sorry I just saw this. He's married to a family friend of ours. Left Brentford to come to us and has previous with Small Heath and WBA. 

I told our friend to tell him that he has the biggest job at the club right now what with the late goals and he's turned it around quick! 

Thank you. 

Interestingly this appointment coincides with the appointment of Steve Bruce.

It's difficult to say whether the turn around is due to Bruce, the new Sport Psychologist, a new manager bounce or a combination of factors but right now I'm going to say this person deserves as much credit as anybody.

5 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Thank you. 

Interestingly this appointment coincides with the appointment of Steve Bruce.

It's difficult to say whether the turn around is due to Bruce, the new Sport Psychologist, a new manager bounce or a combination of factors but right now I'm going to say this person deserves as much credit as anybody.

He was on the verge of joining when RDM was here. His wife told me that he wasn't sure what would happen with the new manager but he still joined.

29 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

He was on the verge of joining when RDM was here. His wife told me that he wasn't sure what would happen with the new manager but he still joined.

Well, as far as you can possibly tell he has done an excellent job so far. I hope it continues.

Bruces results vs blose last season

3 Hull City 2–0 Birmingham City [hide]Kingston upon Hull
15:00 BST Meyler Goal 36'
Hernández Goal 38', Booked 62'
Clucas Booked 41'
Report[84] Grounds Booked 17'
Gleeson Booked 39'
Stadium: KC Stadium
Attendance: 17,436
Referee: Eddie Ilderton
34 Birmingham City 1–0 Hull City [show]Birmingham

I like the theory about keeping the same GK and fitness staff. Especially as most managerial appointments at stable clubs last under 3 years.

However stability is a means to an end - not an end in itself. Lets say we are looking for our next manager after Brucey - and someone highly rated for example, Sean Dyche, Eddie Howe are interested - but only if they can bring there own staff - we shouldn't become a slave to the structure....

3 hours ago, hippo said:

I like the theory about keeping the same GK and fitness staff. Especially as most managerial appointments at stable clubs last under 3 years.

However stability is a means to an end - not an end in itself. Lets say we are looking for our next manager after Brucey - and someone highly rated for example, Sean Dyche, Eddie Howe are interested - but only if they can bring there own staff - we shouldn't become a slave to the structure....

Paul Lambert?

Surely the point of the structure is that you don't get your head turned by the latest managerial fad. There was a point about eighteen months ago that some people thought Garry Monk would be the next England manager. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Loving Steve's attitude ahead of the Derby on Sunday. 

Got to love the guy, RDM really had ZERO personality didn't he? this is not important to many people but I have always thought a manager with a bit of personality and charisma is beneficial in many ways.

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Got to love the guy, RDM really had ZERO personality didn't he? this is not important to many people but I have always thought a manager with a bit of personality and charisma is beneficial in many ways.

Funnily enough I thought personality and charisma were about the only thing RDM had in his locker.  He was the 'nice guy'.  The hope was Clarke could be the task-master.  Oh well.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Definitely! It's very reassuring to have someone with some a big personality in charge. I hope his influence transfers to the style of our play. He knows the best way to shut the home fans up on Sunday is to win. I'm sure he'll love it if we do. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Fair play to the guy, I can't say I was pleased at the appointment, in fact I went as far as saying I hated the guy.

As fickle as it may be after 3 matches I must say I'm warming to him, greatly.

A win on Sunday (however it comes) and I'll be a full convert.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Absolutely love this, and you just know it'll wind them lot up down the road. Delighted we have a manager who knows what this Derby is all about. Imagine RDM trying to get this team up for blues away?! It would've been embarrassing! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BOF said:

Funnily enough I thought personality and charisma were about the only thing RDM had in his locker.  He was the 'nice guy'.  The hope was Clarke could be the task-master.  Oh well.

For what it's worth now, which is very little if anything, I think RDM allowed Xia's personality to dominate too much and ultimately ended up feeling like a secondary partner in the management of the team/club which led to a lack of engagement and subsequently an inability to motivate the team beyond a certain point.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

For what it's worth now, which is very little if anything, I think RDM allowed Xia's personality to dominate too much and ultimately ended up feeling like a secondary partner in the management of the team/club which led to a lack of engagement and subsequently an inability to motivate the team beyond a certain point.

Good point.

Â