Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

http://www.footballinsider247.com/ridiculous-sky-sports-pundit-compares-leeds-aston-villa/

“The squad he [Bruce] has at his disposal is ridiculous for the Championship, he just can’t quite knit them together. It doesn’t strike you as an ego-driven team at all, just a team that should be very capable at this level,” said Prutton, as quoted on the Sky Sports website.

“It’s incredible to think that Villa go into this game below Barnsley in the table. They’re in marked contrast to the confidence that a side like Leeds will be feeling at the moment.

Loving all the sense coming from certain people in the game the last couple of days.

I would have been very supportive of Bruce due to my beliefs of giving a manager time but I think he has had enough time ,it's his squad now and he is struggling to get the best out of them results or performances haven't been good enough.There has been no progress and that's the worrying thing ,I'm all  for stability and we can't keep changing mangers like we have been but in saying that you can't keep a manager in place for the sake of it ,if you are not moving forwards ,you are either staying the same or going backwards and that has been our story under Bruce ,September is a huge month for him we have to start showing signs of moving forward or he will be unemployed again whatever record he has of getting teams promoted is no good to us it's all about the present ,I hope I'm wrong I think everyone wants to see us succeed whatever way possible but I think Bruce is going to be under serious pressure he has lost majority of fans and the board is heading that way too the time is now for him he needs to start getting it right or else he will have messed up the biggest job he has ever had .

8 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

agreed.  But not the point i was making and I'm not sure what point you're making.

I am making the point that he knows he has to prove all his critics wrong.;) and you agreed.

now i'm confused.

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am making the point that he knows he has to prove all his critics wrong.;) and you agreed.

now i'm confused.

My point was that he does not need to give his defense against criticism in a press conference format.  He needs to prove his critics wrong with the on-field performances and results.  Do we still agree?   That would be unusual. :) 

• Like 1

My point was that he does not need to give his defense against criticism in a press conference format.  He needs to prove his critics wrong with the on-field performances and results.  Do we still agree?   That would be unusual. :) 

I agree, and I would be surprised if TRO didn't agree as well.

Edited by villabromsgrove
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

I am seriously not trying to be awkward.......But if he was doing all what you want like winning games handsomely.....He wouldn't be faced by those pointed questions.

The fact that he is not winning those games, he is trying to defend himself, which to me is a natural thing.....whether i agree with him is something else.

If you think his defence comments are rubbish fair enough, but thats a moot point.

We all want him to win.....but so does he, his job is on the line......if he could he would.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Just watched that Bruce interview he is saying some players signed in January have only been here 6 months?

Make that 8 months Bruce!!

He just makes up dates as he goes along :)

Wow the Chap at Wolves is either very lucky or a magician of epic proportions then

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am seriously not trying to be awkward.......But if he was doing all what you want like winning games handsomely.....He wouldn't be faced by those pointed questions.

The fact that he is not winning those games, he is trying to defend himself, which to me is a natural thing.....whether i agree with him is something else.

If you think his defence comments are rubbish fair enough, but that a different point.

We all want him to win.....but so does he, his job is on the line......if he could he would.

Aren't we talking about what he needs to do going forward, rather than rehashing our thoughts on the past?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I agree, and I would be surprised if TRO didn't agree as well.

well I would agree, we know what we want him to do.....but he isn't.......so he feels compelled to defend himself against the accusations of why he isn't winning.

don't agree with his comments, but understand why he is doing it.

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

A bit from his conference as quoted by Eastie"

I can't really answer that the way I would like to but if that's what they want then how can I deny it."

What the hell does he mean by this!, What would he like to say to those of us who think he is doing a quite frankly awful job,............

Edited by mykeyb
Misquote

6 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Aren't we talking about what he needs to do going forward, rather than rehashing our thoughts on the past?

yes I think we are talking cross purposes on 2 different tenses.

He is talking future....I am talking past tense.

VB thanks for the leg up...your arbitrating skills are most welcome.

Edited by TRO

18 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

I think i am talking past tense, you are talking future....if i have that right.

in which case my apologies.

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Interesting he said the reason he took jedinak off was injury rather than tactical - I actually thought he'd made the change to chase the game - should have known better :)

it is concerning isn't it.

shovel.....hole?

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think i am talking past tense, you are talking future....if i have that right.

in which case my apologies.

understanding is a wonderful thing.  no worries.  We didn't make any sense to each other.  pesky tenses.

understanding is a wonderful thing.  no worries.  We didn't make any sense to each other.  pesky tenses.

Perhaps SB has the same problem with the players:)

I'll get my coat.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, TRO said:

If you think his defence comments are rubbish fair enough, but thats a moot point.

but he cant

Â