Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

54 minutes ago, dukes said:

If the article on the Mail website (which references a Times article) is true (and it would appear that we are going to lose too much over the 3 season spent in the championship). Then our situation is a real catch 22. We can’t afford not to sack him if we want to go up, but then again maybe we can’t afford to sack him for a  financial view unless we go up (£3M to sack him, plus whatever Calderwood and Clemence would be owed, plus whatever the next guy would earn).

I’m wary of this too mate. The only thing I can offer is if the board were prepared to sanction a £6m transfer for Bryan, they’d be prepared to pay the necessary to have the right man in charge.

• Like 1

He should have gone yesterday on the back of those comments in yesterday's press conference - clearly it would not have happened being so close to a game - but what must have the players thought about it ?

how can they be expected to respect him or run through brick walls for him?

i just can't see any other outcome other than his removal from office 

1 hour ago, paul1984 said:

It's just been pointed out to me that the next international break is after the next three games at the start of October.

If he doesn't pick up 4 points as a minimum from that I am sure they will get rid, I would have already got rid of him.

In their present form Preston simply has to be a win but think we'll struggle in our away games, Bristol on their patch are a fast energetic team and while Millwall are having a poor run of form we always struggle at the Den in recent times.

He simply has to go now. If he stays majority of the season we will finish outside top 6 I think. We need fresh ideas from the top for this squad.

He's clearly not operating at 100% . We are worse than last season and I suspect the pressure of his unfortunate loss has taken its toll. His very appearance indicates self medication , sorry Steve but it's time to take a rest for a year or two.

We need to make arrangements for a new manager to take us on a temporary basis until we can sort out a real replacement . Big Sam till the end of the season? 

Watching us play is like watching a video on loop. 

The same turgid shit with either losing or snatching a draw or more rarely winning a game due to individual brilliance. 

The dreadful football style and mind numbing performances were only tolerated because he was "guaranteed" promotion, a safe pair of hands but he is world's away from achieving that. 

He offers us absolutely nothing, he is showing zero signs of pulling it together, there is no improvement or feeling that things are about to come together and click.  He's had several windows now to get it together. 

It's just time to part company, it's the only way we might get better. It's been clear for some time now. No one is going to look back if he's sacked and feel we've jumped the gun are they? 

• Like 2

Bruce is a chancer. Gets found out for the same faults every time. Whatever the severance for him and his staff, it’ll be the best money we spend this season. We’re not guaranteed to get it right with the next appointment, but we are guaranteed to get it wrong if we stay with this one. 

Elmo, Conor, Tammy - all looked exasperated at times today. No way these players are happy. No way. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, jim said:

Just watched his post match interview. He was talking about Tuesdays win as if we had just beat Barcelona. **** prick!

Mate i have never left VP so depressed after seeing us win, i love the club so I'm normally buzzing when we win a football match, but Tuesday was different. 

Yes i was happy we won, but the game itself was grim, against bloody Rotherham. Watching us is becoming harder and harder with ever passing week. 

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Its simply not working, it hasn't been working for some time now.....despite new players coming in the same old faults are still in evidence.

Time up Steve.

How long do you think he has mate? If memory serves you sit in the witton end so I'm not sure if you heard the Bruce out chanting from the Holte? But when you lose the Holte and the away fans surely the countdown has begun?

7 minutes ago, av1 said:

How long do you think he has mate? If memory serves you sit in the witton end so I'm not sure if you heard the Bruce out chanting from the Holte? But when you lose the Holte and the away fans surely the countdown has begun?

I sit in the Doug Ellis now, used sit in the Trinity, hence my pseudonym....yes i did hear it.

I don't know hierarchy work in their own timeline

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Bruce mentioned he has never walked away from a challenge, probably because there were a number of people right next to the dugout demanding, pleading, begging for him to resign.

The home crowd has turned.

It's not a challenge though, it's his last big job and he knows it very well.

The game has passed him and his kind by. Unless something crazy happens and he drags this terrible shitshow to the premier league, he'll never manage there again. Best chance some dumb team will appoint him midway through a season with the hope of survival only for him to pull a Paul Lambert 1 win in 15 run and fail. His next job is going to be in the championship again, and the next one too. And he knows it. So he'll hold onto this job for as long as he's allowed to with the hope the players will drag him. But they won't. 

• Like 2

Lets be honest.....Sheff Wed are not going up.......which makes the whole afternoon so bloody gauling.

we would lose if no other team was on the pitch, such is the poor application.

I know there are many Steve Bruce critics, but this has gone to another level for me.....something is very wrong, behind the scenes.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â