Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Disappointed that he's seemingly staying. I don't think we'll get promoted under him, I don't think he can change the footballing ethos at the club, I really don't think we can build for the future with him. 

But he has my support for now.

Man I’d hate to read your outlook when he doesn’t have your support ?

1 minute ago, meregreen said:

Another season of shit football then. 

You can't know that. They have for the most part looked more lively in the new system. Wait for a few matches before you decide we're s**t

So another season of shit football under him, I give up - Perfect chance the new owners could have started with fresh ideas with a new manager now stuck under the tactical throw on all the strikers when losing manager 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

We need to know what the plan is now for next year, Bruce's main players on the form of Terry, Snodgrass and Johnstone have all left, are we keeping Grralish, do we have funds, will weren't on youth, statement could've gone into a little more detail

I will say this, the people who were so desperate for Bruce to stay... don't get moaning when we go through a bad spell or when we start grinding out results from playing crap football.

We know what he's like, we've had 2 seasons of it and now we're about to endure a third. He's lost the majority of his best squad so it's going to be arguably tougher. 

I'm not saying Henry was the answer and I will back Bruce 100% but I'm not sure what the fans' expectations are?

• Like 4

Just now, pintpotvilla said:

You can't know that. They have for the most part looked more lively in the new system. Wait for a few matches before you decide we're s**t

If most of our best players from last season have gone can you see this football getting any better?

I doubt that we will get to hear what went on at the meeting. I guess they checked they could work with Bruce and having been satisfied with what they heard from him then gave him his performance targets. They probably asked him who he might want to keep and bring in within the budget they were able to offer him. As far as Henry is concerned this may be a case of one unfounded rumour leading the press one by one to believe something might just be happening and not wanting the lack of facts get in the way of a good story. It could also be that Henry cooled on the idea or that we could not afford to appoint him and pay off our existing staff whilst still keeping/bringing in the players we need to make us serious promotion contenders this season.  Who knows? All we can do is back our team, our manager and the decision that our new owners have taken which is what I for one will be doing.  :flag: 

• Like 1

Lol.

It's probably the right thing to do.

I more or less guarantee he'd be better than Henry anyway - that was doomed to fail imo.

He's gotta hit the ground running this season! Boy oh boy.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

We have 2 years worth of results..... of course we can know. 

Edited by Alakagom
  • Like 1

I wanted change, but it is what it is.

Lets all hope we can now make a few additions and make another challenge for promotion (automatic) 

I might not like the style off football he produces but he will have my support for the season.

Its a results driven business and if he delivers the results thats ok. 

BTW, That does not mean i will not moan about it on here or anywhere else.

• Like 3

Â