Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

58 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Leave his wife alone

Say what you want about the wife, just don't bring Scrappy and Edwin into it. Those cats never did anything to anyone*

* Except for the birds, mice, rats, frogs, squirrels and 1 bat that they brought into the house.

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

It wasn't good enough though was it? We are the Man Utd/Barcelona/Madrid of this league. If you don't win the title, get top 2 then you have failed. 

I think this is the crux of why opinions are so split on Bruce. Yes given the resources and ultimate aim the season the end result was a failure. However it was only just a failure and I think a lot of people realise that football is a game with a lot of jeopardy and that that kind of marginal result is to be expected. 

Other people will see that we spent more (on wages at least) than anyone had ever done before in the Championship and think that it shouldnt have been that close in the first place. 

For me it ignores Wolves who bent the rules and created one of the best sides I've ever seen in the Championship. Cardiff had a marvelous freak season and somehow managed to maintain it to the end. 

I'd agree it was a failure but it was a marginal one. This is why for me I'm pretty split on what happens next. A new manager might come in and help us to create a Wolves esque side that will blow the league away or it might be another RDM, really tough to say either way but as with everything else we shall soon see. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Just read new article on the OS about Bruce determination to carry on. Was taken in Portugal I think. Closed it and now it's not there anymore. What's that mean then? I'm assuming he's gone 

My bad, the article is still there. It was dated 10th July. For some reason it popped up at the top

Nah. I think the passions are largely on the side of those who want rid. The inners of which I include myself are fairly pragmatic, ambivalent on the whole from what I can see. There's no one absolutely insisting on the essential necessity of Bruce staying 

2 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Nah. I think the passions are largely on the side of those who want rid. The inners of which I include myself are fairly pragmatic, ambivalent on the whole from what I can see. There's no one absolutely insisting on the essential necessity of Bruce staying 

That’s fairly telling in itself, I think.

I’m on the fence with Bruce. Picking splinters.

35 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Or the fallout on here is he goes also! Going to be exactly the same either way.

No it won't. 

Edit - deleted rest of post, just seen the warning further up and don't want any more points ha,! 

Edited by bannedfromHandV

16 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

That’s fairly telling in itself, I think.

I’m on the fence with Bruce. Picking splinters.

I don't think it is though mate, I'll bet that a very high percentage of total football league clubs if asked, would not be too bothered if their Manager was replaced. 

It's certainly harder to pick out the sides who you would think are actually happy with their manager, generally speaking. 

Edited by bannedfromHandV

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I don't think it is though mate, I'll bet that a very high percentage of total football league clubs if asked, would not be too bothered if their Manager was replaced. 

It's certainly harder to pick out the sides who you would think are actually happy with their manager, generally speaking. 

Yeah fair point.

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

I've always defended Bruce for his net spend. Bruce has done plenty of good IMO. However, he built for immediate gratification and failed. He himself has admitted that Terry papered over the cracks in terms of the dressing room. Now he failed that paper has gone! He didn't build a squad, he built a team capable of moments. Those moments were not good enough.

I am as disappointed, if not more than you that we have not gone up....but who knows, that too could be a blessing in disguise.

He built for Instant gratification...because he had to, he was told to....He identified a mentality problem, from years of being beaten and dumped on our arses, he dealt with that, but last season was just not quite enough....We were short in certain area's and as a result we failed in our objective.....That as we have learned was like a torpedo through the side of the ship.

My understanding is at the start of the season ....Warnock, Nuno and Jokanovic was not EXPECTED to get promotion, Neil Warnock himself baulked at the Notion and mooted to avoid relegation was his remit....Obviously that changed with Wolves as the points accumulated......Fulham was in 10th in Jan, so that phenomenal Run changed every ones perception of them.

Bruce like most managers has good bits and not so good bits.

Personally, I don't think the First team was good enough last year or is likely to be this.

so whoever is manager Steve Bruce or Thierry Henry......I don't see much changing in terms of results.

Style....I would suspect we will see a more offensive approach with TH.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am as disappointed, if not more than you that we have not gone up....but who knows, that too could be a blessing in disguise.

He built for Instant gratification...because he had to, he was told to....He identified a mentality problem, from years of being beaten and dumped on our arses, he dealt with that, but last season was just not quite enough....We were short in certain area's and as a result we failed in our objective.....That as we have learned was like a torpedo through the side of the ship.

My understanding is at the start of the season ....Warnock, Nuno and Jokanovic was not EXPECTED to get promotion, Neil Warnock himself baulked at the Notion and mooted to avoid relegation was his remit....Obviously that changed with Wolves as the points accumulated......Fulham was in 10th in Jan, so that phenomenal Run changed every ones perception of them.

Bruce like most managers has good bits and not so good bits.

Those bits are obviously opinion.

Â