Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

It wasn't good enough though was it? We are the Man Utd/Barcelona/Madrid of this league. If you don't win the title, get top 2 then you have failed. 

Sick of all the win ratio talk, what did we actually achieve last season ? Nothing, if I remember correctly, you know why, because we did'nt win the games that mattered. Win's count for nothing without something to show for them. I yearn for a good manager and some positive, attacking, football. The sooner the better.

• Like 3

Maybe they’ve said thanks Steve but we are going in a different direction .... please stay one more day and we will chuck in an extra couple of hundred thousand to your comp package .... and all will be announced tomorrow...... or he is staying ?!  

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Maybe they’ve said thanks Steve but we are going in a different direction .... please stay one more day and we will chuck in an extra couple of hundred thousand to your comp package .... and all will be announced tomorrow...... or he is staying ?!  

£100k to give a teamtalk in a friendly. I'd take that tbf.

11 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Sick of all the win ratio talk, what did we actually achieve last season ? Nothing, if I remember correctly, you know why, because we did'nt win the games that mattered. Win's count for nothing without something to show for them. I yearn for a good manager and some positive, attacking, football. The sooner the better.

Does positive, attacking football count for anything without something to show for it?

• Like 1

As much as I want someone else in who can build a team with youth and play better football which is not Bruce's remit, I think they will keep him, but only for a year.

With it being so close to the start of the season I think the new owners don't want to cause too much disruption.

I'd like to think they area good business men and they will see next season as one to keep it steady,  get over the FFP issues then next summer tell him thanks bit no thanks and start with no financial issues and get someone else in.

Having seen most of the games and Burton on Sat this will another year of turgid football relying on talent to win games. Next may we will finish near the bottom of the top half, Bruce will go, new manager, new players, new money sponsors or kit, old players contracts gone so a push for promotion 2019/20 can happen 

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Fat and old, nope nothing personal in there at all

He's a bit fat and a bit old though. 

Oh and a bit fat and a bit old to be a keeper. How's the view up on that high horse? 

• Like 1

Â