Next Villa Manager

Richard

2 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Like what? 

Not saying your wrong, but it seemed pretty clear cut to me and l'd be surprised if they hadn't already reached an amicable conclusion? It's simply about compo, is he due any or not and if so how much. No other 'legal issues' I can see preventing him taking another job right now? 

If we are going to sack RDM then it's Big Sam all day long for me. Just get it done quickly.  

There's talk of a ban plus who knows what more dirt the papers could have against him.  I'm not sure any team will want to be linked to him for a while.

• Like 2

As long as none of those 'issues' were in connection with us, then I don't see any reason why Allardyce would not be amongst the front runners for the Villa job. 

Not saying that he is my preffered choice, not sure who I prefer, but he fits the bill on so many counts.

1 minute ago, AValon said:

As long as none of those 'issues' were in connection with us, then I don't see any reason why Allardyce would not be amongst the front runners for the Villa job. 

Not saying that he is my preffered choice, not sure who I prefer, but he fits the bill on so many counts.

I think the issues are football in general,he may not be able to work in football again,i think it may be weeks before any final decision is made by the FA .

The dream would be Howe or Dyche for me, but would be happy with Bruce coming in this week as a more realistic target.  Rowett or Smith would be a risk and at this point in time, I just want some wins.  Bruce would get those in my opinion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AValon said:

True,  in fact he might be able to get some players in on shady deals.  We should give him full authority on all transfers,  he can probably find out all sorts of loopholes and short cuts,  get in a few "below the radar" of the authorities 

I'm sure Tony must have a Swiss bank account we could divert funds to unbeknownst to the FA in order to sweeten a few deals. Just as long as he is inconspicuous and doesn't get caught no harm done! 

3 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

paul ince for me

Your on a wind up obviously 

be interesting to see who round goes for. Fingers crossed he is very experienced in the game so I am slightly more confident with him than that imbecile fox

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

There's talk of a ban plus who knows what more dirt the papers could have against him.  I'm not sure any team will want to be linked to him for a while.

If there's more we don't know about then fair enough, but if its just what we've seen then I don't really see how he could even be fined, let alone banned. He was sacked because the FA have to be seen to be whiter than white and they couldn't afford the rep damage. He didn't actually do anything wrong in terms of the laws of the game or the land did he? 

24 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

If there's more we don't know about then fair enough, but if its just what we've seen then I don't really see how he could even be fined, let alone banned. He was sacked because the FA have to be seen to be whiter than white and they couldn't afford the rep damage. He didn't actually do anything wrong in terms of the laws of the game or the land did he? 

Not broken laws of the land. But I think the FA may consider that he had brought the game into disrepute 

• Like 2