Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Nottm Forest

limpid

Match Polls  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

I don't care what the circumstances are,  as soon as you take your foot off,  time wasting and sitting back only one thing is going to happen. Especially with our recent record. If we are on top and take the lead,  especially after once again dominating the game I only want to see us press on. 

I know it's supposed to be the professional thing to do but it almost never works for us,  far more often we cave in. 

Plenty of positives to take from today - Westwood and gardener combined are not good enough in midfield - we will be much stronger with jedinak and tish In midfield hopefully on Wednesday - attacking wise we have options and exciting ones at that - goals and wins will come as will confidence - I've seen nothing in this division to worry about and feel very confident good times are ahead this season  

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 3

Sick of seeing Westwood pass square, move forward ten yards, then trot back to half way, pointing as he goes, ready to collect the ball for another "keep things ticking over" sideways special. Just **** off. If we didn't have a recent knack of signing new players who aren't actually fit to play this joker would be out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jim said:

What happened to all these wins everyone said we were going to get in this division?

They will come - it was always going to take time to gel but today we created many chances and have now got a decent strike force who will only improve the more they play together . 

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

They will come - it was always going to take time to gel but today we created many chances and have now got a decent strike force who will only improve the more they play together . 

Hmmmm I'm not convinced. The midfield is nowhere near good enough even when the bloke with the beard who beats his chest a lot comes back.

1 hour ago, JoeParker91 said:

I can't believe RDM didn't bring on Jedinak in central midfield, really was baffling leaving ourselves so exposed. 

Ayew was brilliant, hope this turns a few of his critics around. 

Jedinak was on the sideline prepared and ready to come on a couple of minutes before they scored the second goal.

Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. pMidfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. Midfield. 

:angry:

• Like 2

Good balanced post from OBE above and has said much of what I was going to post.  I do think midfield in a weak spot for us, as per the second for them.  The Forest guy just ran at us and we were all over the place. Westwood needs replacing with Jedinak if fit I think and Tish for Gardner also.  All in all a lot of good football was played by us, we just need the breaks.  Promising debut from Kodija and Ayew MOTM for me.   Don't know if anyone else thinks this, but Lansbury is a very good player for them and someone who could do a job for us.

8 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Funny, I don't remember anyone mentioning how it would take time. 6 from 6 is quite hard to justify IMO.

Most people said it was going to take time. You can't change an entire team, ethos, management and expect to start the season brilliantly. The best we were, and are going to do is playoffs this season. Newcastle will win the league, then it's 10 teams battling for 5 places. We are 2 wins away from playoffs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Of course it would've mattered, a central midfielder broke from midfield and a central midfielder scored. It's not difficult. It was completely avoidable and all on RDM. If Jedinak isn't fit, put bacuna in the middle just for the legs. Run, chase and put a foot in. It's all we needed. 

I think RDM has a lot to prove now, today was a huge error. I called for it as soon as we scored and nothing. And look what happens. I've never understood how fans can see things managers can't. 

You don't know that. Jedinak might have not been with the pace of the game. He clearly didn't help against Bristol City and neither did Bacuna. I understand where you are coming but in that game it shouldn't have mattered that they scored 2. Game should have been dead and buried way before then. 

Does he get any credit for bringing Gestede on for a midfielder? 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I can understand being disappointed with the result. We all are. But to be worried at this stage of the season is crazy. 

This- some teams are going to need anal surgery after we play them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Plenty of positives to take from today - Westwood and gardener combined are not good enough in midfield - we will be much stronger with jedinak and tish In midfield hopefully on Wednesday - 

Yet we dominated the game except for about 10 minutes in the second half. 

They managed two shots in 90 minutes.  Dont get this attack on those two.

They are fine for what they are, squad players.

Â