Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Nottm Forest

limpid

Match Polls  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm still pissed off vidic wasn't sent off for doing the same, pretty sure in that game we had a player booked for jumping in the crowd, Utd score vidic on a yellow did it, nothing...

i thought the ref was shit today, some of the shirt pulling they got away with was ridiculous, on kodija in particular and they completely mugged him off with the time wasting, I **** hate players that go off for treatment, get waved back on, run to the middle of the pitch and sit down wanting to come off, forest did it twice today

46 minutes ago, gatecrasha said:

Strikers are sorted, defence is decent but with tish possibly being injury prone the back up optons jedinak aside, leave us struggling. 

Flamini is a free agent and would be an upgrade on Westwood and Gardner, surprised we didn't get another strong CDM in the window 

Flamini signed for Palace the other day

we seem to make and excuse for everything.

We scored 2 goals at home, more than enough to effect a win.

we then stood by and invited them back in to the game......shocking display of lazy football.......no different at all from last season.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm still pissed off vidic wasn't sent off for doing the same, pretty sure in that game we had a player booked for jumping in the crowd, Utd score vidic on a yellow did it, nothing...

i thought the ref was shit today, some of the shirt pulling they got away with was ridiculous, on kodija in particular and they completely mugged him off with the time wasting, I **** hate players that go off for treatment, get waved back on, run to the middle of the pitch and sit down wanting to come off, forest did it twice today

I'd agree with that, the ref should have been tougher on some of the outrageous behaviour of the Forest players. Maybe the sending off was him finally snapping?

How we didn't win this game i will never know ,very good display for the most part ,one of these days it's all going to click and we are going to batter a team, when look a very decent side at this level can see us going on a run just need to get a couple of wins back to back playoffs at least is what we should be aiming for think automatic promotion is possible but need to start winning games like this Kodjia my MOTM 

Frustrating, but they scored with pretty much their only chances, and both were excellent goals. Otherwise we dominated, looked a class above and really deserved the win.

Ayew could be pretty handy if he wasn't so selfish. Kodjia looked very promising. Shame we've got nothing in the middle of the park to supply the attack, Gardner offers very little.

As with poster above, I think sooner or later we'll thrash someone, the confidence will come and we'll do very well.

11 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I know it sounds wrong, but we were very good today, a pleasure to watch for much of the game, we looked comfortably the better side and never looked like we'd do anything but win - even at 2-2 with three minutes left, I was surprised we didn't score.

Just a freak result with loads of positives.

great to read :thumb:

• Like 1

It was a very frustrating game to watch and my hand is bloody sore after punching my sofa after Cisshoko sent that shot over the bar.

That said, when was the last time Villa had 26 shots in one game? When was the last time we fought our way into a winning position after conceding in the second half?

Yes the capitulation Is something we're used to, but that attacking display was symptomatic of a new, much improved Villa. 

Yes it might take a while for it all to gel, but the way forward is simply to keep the faith with that attacking approach and soon enough we'll find ourselves so far ahead in matches that even we won't be able to **** it up.

With Jedinak in there that second goal wouldn't have happened imo. Jedi would have stuck his leg out and taken the bloke out, copped the yellow card and moved on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ponky said:

It was a very frustrating game to watch and my hand is bloody sore after punching my sofa after Cisshoko sent that shot over the bar.

In fairness to the big fella with the baffled expression the defender got a really good block on it to send it over.

• Like 1

Best performance from Ayew since he arrived here and Kodjia made the best debut I've seen from a Villa player in decades ...... disappointing result and the playing style needs to evolve loads but there are real positives happening at last !

Pretty poor first half. Second half was really good, exciting stuff. 

Sat in the Lower Holte with my Mrs and the atmosphere was noticeably quieter. I've never really sat anywhere other than upper holte so it felt different. The club should really look in to creating a singing section somewhere in the ground. 

I thought Grealish was superb, just lacking that killer assist or goal. Ayew was very dangerous also. 

Obviously disappointed with the result and our league position - but I still feel strangely more positive about Villa than I have in such a long time. I mean, we genuinely do have a good side. We SHOULD be winning each week. And, we are not actually playing that badly! We are dominating teams, surely that has to translate in to a winning streak soon? 

I'm convinced that with Ayew, Mccormack, grealish, kodijia & rudy we are going to hand out a few thrashings soon. Quality wise we have such a strong attacking unit, as soon as they click I really think we can go on a solid run. 

Absolutely gutting. 27 shots to 2, how do you not win a game like that? This isn't Football Manager. 

I completely disagree with the assertion that this is anything like last season. Last season we hardly ever looked even close to scoring. We could have had 10 yesterday and whilst I'm getting sick of saying that my confidence is maintained that when we do start blowing teams away we might not stop. 

That central midfield though, ugh. Desperately lacking leadership, we need both Jedi and/or Tish back asap.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, RimmyJimmer said:

How do you know we won't make the play offs then?  There's a loooong way to go, with a whole new side, after the worst season in the clubs history. I agree, the money we've spent we need to be up there but for lords sake, give the man time...we're 6 league games in!!!

Get behind em mate, keep the faith and utv! 

I would love to get behind the team, its just that in the last 5 years we've been absolute dog shite. Even dropping down a division and spending 60 million still hasn't changed anything. How many games do you give the manager? Obviously 20 would be a fair amount but if we haven't improved by then and are still sitting between 10-15th its too late and barring a second half wonder season (which we obviously aren't capable of) its going to be beyond our reach and we've now overspent to be spending any more than 1 season in the championship.

I know we have cleared out the dead wood (for the most part) and our performances have been better but our results are barely any better than last season. We can't rely on blind optimism that everything is going to be ok eventually, I'm only judging us on the results from the 7 games played this season and quite frankly they aren't good enough. 

21 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Thinking about it now, I'm actually struggling to think of the last time we dominated a team that much. I can't think of any wins at the moment where we've dominated a team more than that, let alone a game we didn't win.

I reckon you have to go back 5 years. West Ham opening day? 

17 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Unbelievably that was 6 years ago mate. I think you’re right though that is probably the last game where we got close to dominating a game as we did yesterday.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Good shout. Just looked at the post match report and even then we didn't have half as many shots though! West Ham also had more shots.

Edited by Mantis

Â