limpid

Match Polls  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

You can come up with all the positives you like but the hard facts are that we have only won 1 game out of 7 played (including Luton). It's exactly the same form that we had last season and the form of a team struggling against relegation.

RDM can go as far as I am concerned, I hope he proves me wrong by the end of the season but he doesn't look like the right choice to me.

After 6 league games? Come on mate

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 6065_Villa said:

After 6 league games? Come on mate

It probably seems like an overreaction but I'm not the only person saying this.

Absolutely nothing has changed from last season, we still can't win games, we still look devoid of confidence in defence and worst of all we still concede last minute goals week in, week out. All this after dropping down a division as well.

3 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Absolutely nothing has changed from last season, we still can't win games, we still look devoid of confidence in defence and worst of all we still concede last minute goals week in, week out. All this after dropping down a division as well.

Pretty much the whole team has changed so you can't say it's the same mindset on the pitch as last season. You can say it feels the same to watch as last season but they're a different team so it's fundementally not the same problems. 

23 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We have not been comfortably "beaten' in ANY game this season, as a matter of fact we should have won the majority of them! It is a combination of sods law, never having our first 11 at the same time as well as some terrible luck!

Luton and Bristol City spring to mind

6 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

That's what I said? (Brining off Gardener was not suicide)

i was in part agreeing and also elaborating my original point

....it's a chaos of contradictions, if RDM hadn't have brought Gestede on we wouldn't have got back into the game, but at the same time having a one man midfield was always going to end in disaster and so it was proven - without even passing judgement on Gardener's performance. My point is RDM had the opportunity to bring Gestede off to change things and also shore things up if he had chosen to.

You seem to be suggesting we could have won the match with no midfield.

Again alot of over reaction on here. We totally dominated the game and should have won comfortably. We have the quality but not the confidence. Also Westwood and Gardner were both dreadful un midfield which really hindered us. 

There are question marks about the manager. Ayew, Grealish and mccormack all want to play in the same position and none of them offer proper width. This leaves us very narrow with no space to operate. Hopefully adamoah will sort this out.

Lastly when we did go 2-1 the decision not to bring on someone to shore up the midfield was baffling. Our shape was all over the place and even bringing on Baker to play in the centre would have helped sort out the mess.

Disappointing and we really need to string a run of wins together to build confidence. With the players we have we should be unstoppable at home but we are tentative. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Yeah it's hard to disagree with most of that but I see 11 players trying 100 percent more than some of the overpaid shite we had playing for us last season. I think it will come together mate, we all hope sooner rather than later. Keep the faith UTV.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, krisagg75 said:

just got back.what a game.thought we were excellent.didn't get what we deserved but i'm certain that will come.i can't remember when I last saw a villa side play attacking footie like this-Gregory I think-but loving it.we need to give the team time to gel.it's a completely new team,set up,ethos.we need patience.thanks to the good dr and rdm for making watching us a pleasure again.

Thank you!

Lots of over reaction, but you can understand it. We are sooooo much better than last season,  have only lost two (league games), and one was so unlucky also, and first game with all the new faces. You can see it clicking soon, one day soon we are going to score 6.

Kodjia looks terrific, can't wait for him too settle, and dying to see Adomah too. Surely despite the disappointment the team will feel some confidence on this result.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

Gollini - 6: Hard to judge due to lack of time on pitch but seemed solid enough before the injury
De Laet - 5: Less chicken headed than Hutton but offers scant improvement on Bacuna
Chester - 6: Always hard to blame for goals conceded as he looks solid enough
Elphick - 6: See above - I don't think they are the reason we capitulate
Cissokho - 6: Solid enough
Westwood - 5: Same as ever
Gardener - 4: Terrible, his awful misplaced pass a least contributed to their first goal.
Grealish - 7: Tracked back well and looked composed going forward 
McCormack - 6: Good goal, poor set pieces and drifts in an out of the game too much
Ayew - 7: Selfish at times and superb on others
Kodjia - 7: Really Impressive, deserved a goal

Subs: Bunn - 4: Didn't get near either of theirgoals, maybe Gollini wouldn't have fared better but I just don't rate him at all.

Gestede - 7: Amazing goal, sometimes his movement was unrecognisable from last season.

Â