Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Nottm Forest

limpid

Match Polls  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

Also, what a horrible, cynical side Forest are. Kick everything that moves, and happy to take the yellow cards. Fair play to them, they came for a point and got it, but there was only one side interested in trying to win the game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I would always play a three man midfield, it's so damn obvious that in this division you need physical presence and to be solid down the middle aswell as flair.

yes we should have bought more midfield players but today I would have played one less attacker and put one more body in midfield even if that body was Lyden or Bacuna. Taking off Gardener was suicide.

I can't agree. We were 1 nil down at that time, bringing on Gestede was the right decision. Gardener was useless anyway. the big error was not Suring up the midfield after we'd taken the lead.

Edited by Supervillan78
  • Like 2

So disappointing, but I genuinely feel with our first choice midfield we walk these games (Never happens ffs). Credit to Gestede, really seems to have improved as a player. Gardner still not good enough.

Unfortunately I still think we need time as frustrating as it is. We still have Adomah etc to come in. Kodjia was decent.

As things stand at present, getting playoffs would be like winning the league!

We have spent an absolute fortune and have 1 win out of our first 6 games to show for it. Meanwhile those footballing giants Huddersfield sit top of the league undefeated. This division really is the pits and contains some real dross and we are **** about down the bottom of it. Absolutely pathetic.

• Like 1

Just now, pacbuddies said:

We have spent an absolute fortune and have 1 win out of our first 6 games to show for it. Meanwhile those footballing giants Huddersfield sit top of the league undefeated. This division really is the pits and contains some real dross and we are **** about down the bottom of it. Absolutely pathetic.

We have not been comfortably "beaten' in ANY game this season, as a matter of fact we should have won the majority of them! It is a combination of sods law, never having our first 11 at the same time as well as some terrible luck!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

True but I don't think it would have mattered. They had 2 attempts and scored both. It was a freak result. We seriously need to kill teams off and as long as we keep creating chances im sure the goals will come. 

9 minutes ago, flamingsombrero said:

It's so close to coming together, I think that's the most frustrating part. Soon, very soon. Also avoid Nottingham for couple days, the open top bus will make traffic a nightmare

That deserved two likes! 

Just now, Eastie said:

have been crItical of ayew recently but today I thought he was outstanding 

Was going to make that point. I saw a lot of people having him out the team, when picking their potential starting XI (when everyone is fit), he starts every time for me. Was MOTM by a long way today. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Gardner piss poor again

In what way was Gardner piss poor? He made one bad pass at the edge of their penalty area before their first goal, but you can as well blame the player who didn't meet the ball, Westwood who then was too easily bullied, the defenders that let the greek have a shot at goal and perhaps even Bunn.

Except that pass and one strike that cruised quite high over the bar, Gardner hardly put a foot wrong, moreover he was solid defensively and made several key blocks, he won quite many headers and tackles just in front of our penalty area. Attacing wise he made quite many bursts forward that resulted in free kicks outside their penalty area and got in to good positions to score. One of his shots got came very close. Appart from this, he did the routine midfield job to recieve the ball from the defence, passing it safe.

I thought Gardner contributed to us completely dominating the game.

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 2

Win the next and it a solid 2 games and 4 points. It's getting better just need to cut out the defensive errors.

Gardener is no good and needs replacing as soon as the other two are fit.

The new forward looked lively and on another day would have scored.

Goalkeeper, either one looks shaky.

Don't panic and don't listen to sky too much, Huddersfield on 16 points wow who cares. End of the season they will be 10th.

6 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

I can't agree. We were 1 nil down at that time, bringing on Gestede was the right decision. Gardener was useless anyway. the big error was not Suring up the midfield after we'd taken the lead.

Bringing Gestede off was the right decision and Gardener was useless, but once we were 2:1 up RDM should have taken Ayew or McMac off for a midfielder - END

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We have not been comfortably "beaten' in ANY game this season, as a matter of fact we should have won the majority of them! It is a combination of sods law, never having our first 11 at the same time as well as some terrible luck!

should have but didn't .Is pretty much the tagline for every time who fails, fails to stay up, fails to get promoted. 

Couldn't give two **** about ifs and buts. We don't look capable of managing games professionally and properly.  Until that's on display, we'll just **** around looking nice but never actually doing anything useful. In mid table obscurity. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Does sods law only apply to Villa? Football is a squad game and nobody knows what our 'first 11' is. Luck is what you make it and applies equally to the other teams in this division.

We have a forward line to die for and a defence that looks decent for this level but our style of football remains - as it was last season - slow, laborious, turgid, negative and offering the opposition plenty of opportunities to spoil.

We need to move the ball from back to front at four times the current speed, either through attacking wide men or midfielders who are dynamic and positive.

I don't get what RDM is doing by continuing to play this stodgy style of football when you have guys up front who need the ball early and need the crosses. Is there something wrong with RDM that he doesn't see that or are the players going against his instructions ?

Confused !!!

Edited by Paul33

You can come up with all the positives you like but the hard facts are that we have only won 1 game out of 7 played (including Luton). It's exactly the same form that we had last season and the form of a team struggling against relegation.

RDM can go as far as I am concerned, I hope he proves me wrong by the end of the season but he doesn't look like the right choice to me.

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

we were uncomfortably beaten by Bristol City

• Like 1

Â