limpid

Match Polls  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, jacketspuds said:

But he must've been able to play 10 mins otherwise why put him on the bench? To fulfil our beard quota?

True but I don't think it would have mattered. They had 2 attempts and scored both. It was a freak result. We seriously need to kill teams off and as long as we keep creating chances im sure the goals will come. 

• Like 4

I know i am going to be accused of being anti-Westwood again, but unless you can get a midfielder who can protect the back 4 better, then you are going to struggle to keep a clean sheet.Apart from that , going forward we showed plenty of promise.We will get goals this year, with ,hopefully Tish and Jed in the centre, we will be much better.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

2 shots on target. 2-2 draw.

I am so **** sick of it. **** off with positives. 6 games in and were 17th despite spending 10000 billion pounds. The touring circus lives on.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha = you just got the job of the clown in that said circus. 

We were by far the better team. We just desperately lacked a defensive minded midfielder. Westwood got walked through in the build up to their first and then failed to get a foot in - on about three occasions - for their second.

Going forward we created loads of chances and if Ayew had played the first half like he did the second - laying the ball off quicker or getting the cross in sooner - we might have done even better.

We will be fine once they give the defence some cover and get Ayew to play it quicker and Jack to stay out wider instead of cutting in. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

I know i am going to be accused of being anti-Westwood again, but unless you can get a midfielder who can protect the back 4 better, then you are going to struggle to keep a clean sheet.Apart from that , going forward we showed plenty of promise.We will get goals this year, with ,hopefully Tish and Jed in the centre, we will be much better.

We have 2 just need them both fit. I was suprised we didn't do more business in that position though. Westwood and Gardner are just not good enough. 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

True but I don't think it would have mattered. They had 2 attempts and scored both. It was a freak result. We seriously need to kill teams off and as long as we keep creating chances im sure the goals will come. 

mm it was the same vs Huddersfield, a freak result doesnt happen twice in a month

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Of course it would've mattered, a central midfielder broke from midfield and a central midfielder scored. It's not difficult. It was completely avoidable and all on RDM. If Jedinak isn't fit, put bacuna in the middle just for the legs. Run, chase and put a foot in. It's all we needed. 

I think RDM has a lot to prove now, today was a huge error. I called for it as soon as we scored and nothing. And look what happens. I've never understood how fans can see things managers can't. 

• Like 2

Just now, imavillan said:

this thread is funny 

RDM OUT....

same shit as last season

bottlers

no passion

its a new team, i have seen enough to see there is quality in this team. A team that will only improve,.

The season is not won or lost on the first 6 games

Until we have a better keeper and a stronger midfield I fear we won't win enough games to mount a promotion challenge. 

I don't mind what RDM did by taking off Gardner for Gestede. Im also happy we didn't bring Jedi on for a striker when 2-1 up.

Forest will always come back at us when they're only a goal down, regardless of if we've got 1 mid on the pitch or 5.

Our downfall today came when we stopped going forward at 2-1. Prior to that, we looked like we could score every time we got forward.

For me, we had to carry on until we had 3. Then we could have sat back to see the game out. 

This team needs to learn that a 1 goal lead is not enough. Story of the season so far.

• Like 3

Why can't we put our chances away?! Why can't we shut teams out?! AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!! I feel like peeling my face off! 

There are positives to take. Ayew was superb, goals for McCormack and Rudy, and Kodjia looks like he's going to be special in this league. We need to sort out that soft touch at the back though, and it's blatantly obvious that no Jedinak and Tshibola means no centre midfield. 

Basically we need to sort it ASAP, and we can't afford to drop many more points. 

Got done by a mistake from Gardner and a run of bad luck for the 2nd. We're actually looking extremely good just need some (any) bit of luck.

I'm pissed off as its happened so many times before but taking the match in isolation, it was great to see such a dominating performance and bodes well for the team and newbies for the rest of the season. 

Only worrying thing is that we do look frail when we're run at down the centre but in theory that was our second string midfield today.

Ayew MOM. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Godders said:

I don't mind what RDM did by taking off Gardner for Gestede. Im also happy we didn't bring Jedi on for a striker when 2-1 up.

Forest will always come back at us when they're only a goal down, regardless of if we've got 1 mid on the pitch or 5.

Our downfall today came when we stopped going forward at 2-1. Prior to that, we looked like we could score every time we got forward.

For me, we had to carry on until we had 3. Then we could have sat back to see the game out. 

This team needs to learn that a 1 goal lead is not enough. Story of the season so far.

Agree with that, but to be happy jedinak wasn't bought on is absolute madness. 

I would always play a three man midfield, it's so damn obvious that in this division you need physical presence and to be solid down the middle aswell as flair.

yes we should have bought more midfield players but today I would have played one less attacker and put one more body in midfield even if that body was Lyden or Bacuna. Taking off Gardener was suicide.

Just now, One For The Road said:

Until we have a better keeper and a stronger midfield I fear we won't win enough games to mount a promotion challenge. 

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

a fiver, tenner or a score says we will be in the top six, mount a challenge and win enough to be there

Â