PieFacE

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I mean, you're making things up now.

Our run before christmas:

Newcastle, Man Utd, Brighton, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Wolves

There is no way you can dress 9 points out of 21 for a team at the top of the table chasing the title as what you would expect :D 

There were some hard fixtures in there, but as a run of fixtures, it was average, especially for a team chasing the title. 

You’ve counted a friendly game against Chelsea in a run of league games and accused me of making things up :D

You’re also naming 4 of the exact same sides in our hardest run of the season, but somehow it’s just “average” for Arsenal?

(Granted, I didn’t realise we’d had as hard a run as we did)

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You’re also naming 4 of the exact same sides in our hardest run of the season, but somehow it’s just “average” for Arsenal?

They're top of the league, it's not the same.

To be honest I don't really care what the fixtures are, 9 in 21 is nowhere near good enough for a team expecting to win the league. Even 2PPG, which isn't enough to win you the league these days, is 14 points. If they'd got that they'd be in the race.

They've absolutely bottled it

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

They're top of the league, it's not the same

What are you on about? Difficulty of fixture is the same for every team in the league, with a potential slight variance on where there’s a derby game.

This arguing about the fixture list is really neither here nor there. We're talking about teams competing for top of the table; *they* should be the hardest fixture for the other side. The bottom line is to win the title you need to win nearly every game. A good yardstick is that in each 13 game period, you need to win approx. 30 points. Clearly Arsenal have been miles off that in this last part of the season. 

13 minutes ago, bobzy said:

What are you on about? Difficulty of fixture is the same for every team in the league, with a potential slight variance on where there’s a derby game.

Of course it is, but the fixtures are harder for us than they are for Arsenal, because they're better than us.

But I go back to my previous post, it's a bit of a strawman really. It doesn't matter if they're playing Man City every week or Southampton every week, 9 points out of 21 is nowhere near good enough to win a title, and it's a massive drop off in form compared to the rest of the season. When you add in the manner of the victories and the context of the collapse, it all adds up to bottle job.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Of course it is, but the fixtures are harder for us than they are for Arsenal, because they're better than us.

But I go back to my previous post, it's a bit of a strawman really.

You do know what “average” means, right?

I can definitely see a big drop off in Arsenal next season. They've just ridden the crest of a wave to get where they did and don't seem to have that much substance underpinning it. 

Just now, sidcow said:

I can definitely see a big drop off in Arsenal next season. They've just ridden the crest of a wave to get where they did and don't seem to have that much substance underpinning it. 

Yeah me too, they need a proper goalscorer and about 5 quality players to provide depth in various positions

Balogun should get a chance next season but that's about it from who's already there 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Agreed

1st April, Arsenal 4-1 Leeds 

Arsenal top by 8 points, having played 1 game more.

Tickets for their final game of the season are going on sale for thousands. In some cases, £25 grand is the price tag - though who knows if anyone went for that.

The next 8 games includes - 

2 goal lead thrown away at Liverpool 

2 goal lead thrown away at West Ham

3-3 home draw to bottom placed Southampton 

4-1 defeat against their title rivals 

3-0 defeat to Brighton at home

1-0 defeat to Forest

City are a bunch of cheats, but you can only point to that as a factor for one of those results (and City being cheats doesn’t let Arsenal off the hook for not turning up for that game).

Picking up 3 points from those 6 games (9 points in total from 8 games since that Leeds win put them 8 points clear). 

Can’t dress it up any other way -

KdV8W2.gif

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 1

All those late game winners and celebrating like they had won the world cup.

Then they will end up being 10+ points by City.

What an embarrassing lot.

• Like 1

In the USA the most arrogant, loudmouthed fans are the Arsenal supporters.  It's like they chose Arsenal so they wouldn't be branded as "glory hunters" but would still be able to gloat and act like douchebags whenever they win something every once in a while.  In the meantime, they complain nonstop, act like everything and everyone is biased against them, and how they're always just one signing/manager away from a treble.  They were the worst this season and acted like they had already won the league by the World Cup break.  They were even worse than Leeds fans in the Championship under Bielsa.  I don't care that Man City won another league title but I'm so glad that Arsenal collapsed and won fook all again this season.  Watching their fans go from being pompous jerks to "Wenger Out" levels of hysteria to incredible indifference in a matter of months was hilarious to see.  

Â