PieFacE

21 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think everyone including the commentators knew this at the time. There's no controversy other than Arsenal's fans, players and manager feigning ignorance.

It serves a purpose, 2 days later and how many articles are there on odegaards miss? Or arsenal wasting money on havertz? Or still not having a striker good enough to win them anything? 

They dont want you looking at them 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think everyone including the commentators knew this at the time. There's no controversy other than Arsenal's fans, players and manager feigning ignorance.

I was listening to the Totally Football Show earlier and was half expecting them to spend the whole time talking about the 'controversy' but they didn't mention any of those decisions and focused on us and our prospects. Very refreshing!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I think out of the 3 (?) times it touches Havertz's arm there's one of them where his arm was actually out and it was no longer in a natural position anyway 

Haha, there has been some major straw clutching going on with this game from the Arsenal fans online. It seems pretty clear to me from the written rules that the ref was spot on with his decision.

To be fair, the two Arsenal fans I work with have seen face to face have all been fair about it and have said well done.

• Like 1

Athletic subscription fee paying itself back multiple times over today. Arsenal fans popping up in the comments under every Villa article. The world's biggest victims. Don't you know the refs have a conspiracy against them specifically because of.... reasons. 

This season I was really struggling trying to find a new team to hate. Robotic City are boring, Liverpool are just meh and ManU/Chelsea are just hilariously bad.  Thank you Arsenal. Showing your true colors from this past Saturday is only going to make our historic season that much more enjoyable. 

Arsenal fans seem a lot like Arteta to me, both are whiney, entitled b**ches.

Its a contrast to Man City on the whole, i went on their forum after our match with them, and i was shocked at how balanced it was overall, with many taking the loss well and actually accepting that we deserved the win.

Arsenals forum on the otherhand, their forum was like a cesspit of incels jerking off as to who could be the most outraged at everything that went against them and how the world conspired to beat them, and how we didnt deserver to win at all, i would almost bet money that Arteta himself posted at least once......

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Their obsession with Emery is probably the most pathetic thing in football right now.

Long may they never win a European Cup.

Honestly, even if he'd failed miserably there (which he didn't), how can you have any hatred towards a guy like Emery?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Their obsession with Emery is probably the most pathetic thing in football right now.

Long may they never win a European Cup.

I'm convinced it's shoddily concealed envy. Same with Emi. It's the only logical explanation.

8 hours ago, NeilS said:

To be fair, the two Arsenal fans I work with have seen face to face have all been fair about it and have said well done.

Besides those two, I don't think Arsenal fans realise they actually aren't crying about a refereeing or VAR injustice. They are crying about a rule of the sport.

2 hours ago, Greenfly said:

I'm convinced it's shoddily concealed envy. Same with Emi. It's the only logical explanation.

It's cos they realise they had a top 5 manager in the world and through disrespect lost him and ended up with Captain Black

I don't know why people react to this kind of thing, these vlogs, podcasts, and fan tv type things purposely say outragous things as that's what gets views and reactions, there have been vids of fans having meltdowns that have gone viral, others see that and try to emulate, for the most part these online reactions that get all the attention are probably not the view of the general Arsenal fan

spacer.png"if it wasn't a goal it should've been a penalty for cash handballing it"

"it was headed onto Cash's shoulder from point blank range then ricocheted around into Havertz' arm and hand. Only the attacking handball is an offence under the current laws of the game."

"it doesn't touch Havertz' hand though"

"here are like 3 or 4 angles in slow mo of the ball touching his inner arm then his fingers"

"the ref couldn't have seen that from 30 yards away, he was guessing"

"here is a is a view from behind the goal of the referee being about 18 yards away and looking directly at the incident as it happens, accompanied by audio of him immediately after the whistle saying he's disallowing it for an attacking handball by Havertz"

"it should've been a penalty for Cash handballing it"

• Like 1

I always respected Arsenal, from the George Graham days through Emery's short stint. Tenacious teams with some brilliant players, composed managers and their supporters seemed a decent lot. That all seems to have changed except for the brilliant players. Martinelli would look really good in a Villa shirt. But Arteta is such a complete assh*le. He's made the team into his image, and it's obviously very off-putting with their antics. And their fans are easily the most obnoxious, at least the younger ones.They've created a toxic online profile for themselves with their histrionics and entitlement.

9 hours ago, maqroll said:

And their fans are easily the most obnoxious, at least the younger ones. They've created a toxic online profile for themselves with their histrionics and entitlement.

The AFTV lot, who must be in their 40s and 50s, don't acquit themselves very well either. They've had a huge impact on how people perceive Arsenal fans.

• Like 1

Â