PieFacE

42 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I'll also say, I'm not massively fussed by diving.  It's just part of the game.  The blatant shirt pulls when a player is running forward is far more of an annoyance to me than someone trying to con the ref.

Yep I agree. Actual simulation maybe not so much.

But the uproar from fans about players that win fouls or penalties through drawing fouls is so boring. Especially when every team has players that do that.

Villa fans should be way down the list of moaners when we all wanked each other off watching Grealish do it every week

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Villa fans should be way down the list of moaners when we all wanked each other off watching Grealish do it every week

For the most part, Grealish drew contact and/or left a leg out. He generally didn't go down like he was shot and feigning pain for the slightest touch, trying to con the ref.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, a-k said:

For the most part, Grealish drew contact and/or left a leg out. He generally didn't go down like he was shot and feigning pain for the slightest touch, trying to con the ref.

He did it as much as most other players do it.

But people don't moan when it works in their favour

5 minutes ago, a-k said:

I disagree

Pretty much every non-villa fan thought Grealish was one of the biggest divers in the league when he was at Villa. Funnily enough now he's gone to City most villa fans now agree.

It's almost as if we're biased towards players that play for us.

Anyway the overall point is that winning fouls is part of the game now. Whether we like it or not. Moaning about players that do it is fruitless. It's just how players play now

• Like 1

Issue is that refs don't hand out cards to players that dive and cheat (at least not to big name players) so there is no risk in doing it. Kane, Saka, Bruno or Sterling falls over from little to no contact 5-10 times a game and the chance he gets a penalty, dangerous fk or card on the opponent is vastly higher than that a ref will give him a card. Even with VAR. The refs have made it worth it to cheat. They could get it to stop or at least happen less but they've no interest in it. There is almost zero risk to cheating.

Edited by sne

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

I kind of respect Kane for it.  There's almost a calculation that he does where he can assess whether it's more beneficial to try and win a penalty than have a shot.  And it's not a flat out dive, it's absolutely buying a foul in a similar manner to the way Grealish did it so successfully for us.  Horrible when you're on the receiving end (which is why so many fans disliked Grealish), but a certain art to it and rarely with the flamboyant theatrics.

Saka is just a bit of a cheat.  It's not subtle or "earnt"; he just throws himself to the ground and pretends to be injured upon any contact.  He's a good player and seems like a great person (which is presumably why he's not knocked for it at all) but a serial diver.

I'll also say, I'm not massively fussed by diving.  It's just part of the game.  The blatant shirt pulls when a player is running forward is far more of an annoyance to me than someone trying to con the ref.

Kane against Cash at VP was a work of art. Absolutely sickening for us, but pure genius on his part.

It's quite remarkable how unlikeable Arteta has become as a manager. I quite liked him as a player, seemed really humble. As manager he's an arrogant word removed. Think he's the first manager to get banned for an accumulation of yellow cards this season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, a-k said:

Same with Kane's penalty win against us where Martinez came out for the ball, Kane tapped the ball away and left his leg hanging just waiting for the bit of contact that would send him sprawling.

Everyone (well, the vast majority) on here called it a dive, buying a penalty, whatever it is - and I'd agree FWIW - but it's exactly what Grealish did.  He bought fouls.

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Same with Kane's penalty win against us where Martinez came out for the ball, Kane tapped the ball away and left his leg hanging just waiting for the bit of contact that would send him sprawling.

Everyone (well, the vast majority) on here called it a dive, buying a penalty, whatever it is - and I'd agree FWIW - but it's exactly what Grealish did.  He bought fouls.

That was one of Kane's sloppier ones, and one I'd classify as a pure dive. He was already on his way to the floor before Martinez touched him. Literally diving to the floor with no outside influence.

Grealish (and Young back in the day) would make sure they initiated contact first before going to ground so although they manufactured it, the defender also shared some blame (like Young's famous 'dive' at OT. Clark had no business dangling his leg like that). 

• Like 1

Vile team full of bitches with a massive bitch manager.

No wonder they threw the title away. Too busy throwing themselves on the floor instead of trying to score. Weak. Losers. Dorks.

They sacked Emery to appoint Arteta :crylaugh:

• Like 4

Emmanuel Frimpong on Arteta: "Well he was good on the pitch and he was very good looking off the pitch if you ask me! I remember Mikel sometimes in the changing room he would stand in front of the mirror, doing his eyebrows, making sure everything is perfect."

Might be time for Mikel to forget about his eyebrows.

19 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Vile team full of bitches with a massive bitch manager.

No wonder they threw the title away. Too busy throwing themselves on the floor instead of trying to score. Weak. Losers. Dorks.

They sacked Emery to appoint Arteta :crylaugh:

I just wanted to quote this so it was said again 

• Thanks 1

On 06/12/2023 at 13:04, Stevo985 said:

Yep I agree. Actual simulation maybe not so much.

But the uproar from fans about players that win fouls or penalties through drawing fouls is so boring. Especially when every team has players that do that.

You must take into account, however, that our club did invent the whole football league system that all of these cretins now celebrate and follow, and they would be foolish and have incredibly short memories to not remember that and be on their knees, kissing our clubs hairy beanbags in thanks for it...

We are Aston Villa... We, by all rights, should be able to do what we want...

Along with Preston, Accrington Stanley and very, very select number of other clubs that pretty much arent in Manchester or London (if i remember correctly)

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Â