Where do you think we will finish?

Demitri_C

Where will we Finish?  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Now our summer business is over where do you think we will finish?

14 minutes ago, rubberman said:

I don't think I can handle the wave of optimism. 

1 or 2 of our new signings won't be great. We will have injuries and suspensions.  There's ACON - more injury possibilities.  Expectations are so high that it will transmit tension into the team, we'll tie up in games and drop points.

It's a long season and will be tough. There's ample opportunity for us to screw this up. 

Id rather go in with the mentality that the players are good enough to beat any team in thia division ahead of expecting your team to loae every week.

Worked so well last season that logic:thumb:

If we believe in them,they will too

If we play like we did in the first half at Wednesday or the second half at Bristol City then it is going to be a long, hard season. If we play like we did for the first 60 versus Huddersfield or the Rotherham game then we could well get a play off spot. So I think it is going to be a top 10 and another season in the football league.

Right, decided to be positive after all the years of being down trodden.  The owner has stood up to be counted, we have the players and now we just need them to deliver.  I have picked Runners Up.  We have a great chance now, settle the team over the coming weeks, gel them together and let's smash this league in the final three quarters of the season.

I think we are one or two bad injuries away from being relegation candidates. I also think that if we stay injury free and the players play to standards and the manager makes smart decisions and we sign two strikers in January, we can make the playoffs.

After so many years of mediocrity and worse, this season is going to be so much **** fun.

UTV

Edited by maqroll

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Right, decided to be positive after all the years of being down trodden.  The owner has stood up to be counted, we have the players and now we just need them to deliver.  I have picked Runners Up.  We have a great chance now, settle the team over the coming weeks, gel them together and let's smash this league in the final three quarters of the season.

right on, let's enjoy this season, and be forgiving of the occasional lapse. These players know they are under pressure. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Has to be a top six finish now, otherwise it would be considered a failure. This squad should be good enough.  One or two more players in January and then push on to a strong finish.  My only concern now is will the derbies hinder us? 

That's the grand total of 4 games this season.

I don't class games v Burton, Forest and Derby as "derbies." Local games yes in which if you go to the away game it's novel to be home for tea but never has the feeling and intensity of playing SHA.

It's like playing Stoke in the premier league. Nobody ever hyped that up to be a derby.

11 hours ago, villalad21 said:

My heart says top 3, my head says mid table. Too much players and Staff all at once. Need alot of time to gel i think, we gotta be abit patient here.

Xia won't be........imo.

He isn't spending 50m just to finish mid table every year.

27 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

That's the grand total of 4 games this season.

I don't class games v Burton, Forest and Derby as "derbies." Local games yes in which if you go to the away game it's novel to be home for tea but never has the feeling and intensity of playing SHA.

It's like playing Stoke in the premier league. Nobody ever hyped that up to be a derby.

From VP:

distance.jpg

Coventry felt like a derby, but while Burton is a similar distance, there's no historical rivalry. As you say, Stoke was never a real rivalry and Derby are equally far. Forest are miles away. 

Forest is an interesting one for me.  Even though they are geographically far away for what should be a derby*, I think it is a derby nonetheless.  Not because we're both Midlands, but because we're probably the 2 most recently historically significant clubs in the region, making it a kind of a clash of ye olde titans.  Perhaps less a hatred though, and more a mutual respect thing, I dunno.  I certainly respect Forest a damn sight more than I do pretty much everyone else on that list (bar us :P).

*A derby is not exclusively down to distance.

Midtable, perhaps playoffs, but I don't see a promotion. This squad is still weak and there's a severe drop off in quality when we turn to the bench (or even before that in the centre of midfield where we are weak IMO still).

We'll batter a few sides and but we won't win enough to really gun for the top.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Forest is an interesting one for me.  Even though they are geographically far away for what should be a derby*, I think it is a derby nonetheless.  Not because we're both Midlands, but because we're probably the 2 most recently historically significant clubs in the region, making it a kind of a clash of ye olde titans.  Perhaps less a hatred though, and more a mutual respect thing, I dunno.  I certainly respect Forest a damn sight more than I do pretty much everyone else on that list (bar us :P).

*A derby is not exclusively down to distance.

Forest is not a derby. Never has been and never will be. Clash of the titans maybe, but you could say the same about Leeds. 

Blues and Wolves. Even Wolves is a bit 'eh'.