Where do you think we will finish?

Demitri_C

Where will we Finish?  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Now our summer business is over where do you think we will finish?

.... from doom and gloom to positivity and now it's gone all the way back to doom and gloom again?

The two most expensive strikers in Championship history, a record Championship net spend and people think we'll finish 8th to 12th?

Priceless.

At that rate we'll need half the Real Madrid side to get back up.

• Like 2

How much should we have spent in order to have been a top 6 Championship side?

Do people seriously think there are 8 sides in the division with a better squad than Villas or are some just naturally pessimistic?

What players in these 8 teams should we have signed instead of the ones we did?

Edited by blandy
PoP removed

another thing I would say from what I have seen so far is we will win a lot of games at home comfortably against the teams like Rotherham, Burton, Barnsley etc but I think when we travel to them I wouldnt be 100% convinced by us

• Like 1

It's weird, we've actually probably got the best players/team on paper since the MON era.

And yet our squad depth is wafer thin and our central midfield is a bit suspect, but you'd still expect it to be good enough to mount a really decent attempt at promotion.

It's just hard to be positive and believe based on recent results and recent seasons, lets hope the curse can be lifted.

• Like 1

Spending lots of money doesn't equate to being higher up the table!! There's plenty of examples of this like ermm, us last season! 

We've won 1 in 5 so far.

That said, we have dominated matches and had the most shots on target in the whole league.

I think the season is long enough and there is enough dross for us to beat and get top 6.

Automatic I would deem as unlikely, there are better teams than us in this league. But there isn't 6 better teams than us.

Playoffs.

its effectively a new team, new back room staff & new manager - I think playoffs is realistic (with time to gel and get our style down as well as disruption in Jan with the African cup of nations, I think champions is optimistic + we are a big name club down here, other clubs will raise their game for us where they might not play at the same level week in week out)

for the first time in a long time I'm hoping for exciting attacking football at villa park, I don't know where we will end up but I'm looking forward to enjoying watching us play as opposed to suffering through it.

1 hour ago, Holtern8 said:

Spending lots of money doesn't equate to being higher up the table!! There's plenty of examples of this like ermm, us last season! 

We've won 1 in 5 so far.

That said, we have dominated matches and had the most shots on target in the whole league.

I think the season is long enough and there is enough dross for us to beat and get top 6.

Automatic I would deem as unlikely, there are better teams than us in this league. But there isn't 6 better teams than us.

Try telling Chelsea and Man City that.

We didn't spend lots of money last season net.  We lost our best players and replaced them with average at best.

This time around, we've kept 2 or 3 and replace the rest of the wasters with better.

I don't think I can handle the wave of optimism. 

1 or 2 of our new signings won't be great. We will have injuries and suspensions.  There's ACON - more injury possibilities.  Expectations are so high that it will transmit tension into the team, we'll tie up in games and drop points.

It's a long season and will be tough. There's ample opportunity for us to screw this up.