Where do you think we will finish?

Demitri_C

Where will we Finish?  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Now our summer business is over where do you think we will finish?

17 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I don't see how anybody could look at the squad we have and call it weak. for the Championship, it just isn't.

I don't think that's the only yardstick though, is it? We've still got to get over last years' hangover, possible disruption from certain individuals, a new manager, new coaching team, new ideas to implement. I think we've one of the strongest squads, if not the strongest but there's still a lot to get right before we can be confident of promotion.

Just now, choffer said:

I don't think that's the only yardstick though, is it? We've still got to get over last years' hangover, possible disruption from certain individuals, a new manager, new coaching team, new ideas to implement. I think we've one of the strongest squads, if not the strongest but there's still a lot to get right before we can be confident of promotion.

Sure, but that wasn't the point I was addressing.

I was purely addressing posts that have said 'the squad is weak'.

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Sure, but that wasn't the point I was addressing.

I was purely addressing posts that have said 'the squad is weak'.

:thumb::thumb:

I did wonder that just as I hit submit and was just going back to see if I could find the offending posts. I don't see how anyone could objectively say we have a weak squad.

• Like 1

Don't see much to be afraid of including Newcastle who have been weakened by the transfer window so when the team gel and it would need to be soon I think we'll be promoted automatically. 

21 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

I think our squad is probably better than Newcastle's. 

On paper I think we have the best squad in the league. That said we need to hope that this squad gel into a team otherwise it largely means nothing.

That's the thing.  Newcastle and Norwich will have probably 2 to 3 months headstart on us.  Whether or not we have the best squad in the division, historically, the sides who go straight back up after relegation tend to be the sides who kept their squad together.  We haven't done that because we didn't want to keep that squad together.  But it does mean that statistically we have a much larger job to do than either of the other relegated sides.  We've done right by us, but that doesn't mean we're not up against it.

• Like 2

1. Newcastle
2. Norwich
---------------------------
3. Derby
4. Sheffield Wednesday
5. Brighton
6. Ipswich
----------------------------
7. Brentford
8. Wolves
9. Cardiff
10. Huddersfield
11. QPR
12. Aston Villa
13. Birmingham City
14.Bristol City
15. Preston
16. Leeds
17. Nottingham Forest
18. Wigan
19. Reading
20. Barnsley
21. Burton
----------------------------------
22. Blackburn
23. Fulham
24. Rotherham

This is a prediction I made at the start of July, since then you are no longer an absolute shambles off the pitch and signed some good players, but there's still evidence of players being mentally weak, so your weakness will be if the other team scores first.

I'd now predict 8th place for you.

14 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yeah, about Fulham ...

Very surprised about Fulham. They were awful last year and if it wasn't for McCormack and Dembele would have been relegated.

At the time of the prediction I think Dembele had left and McCormack was about to leave, so I couldn't see how they'd survive. But they've done decent business since, think they will finish bottom half still.

1 hour ago, AndyBM said:

i think weve got alot more building to do, so im saying lower half mid table finish.

You think there are at least 12 squads better than ours? We could conceivably put out a first 11 that cost £70m next weekend and that's without putting a price on Jack Grealish. 

So either we're in the playoffs, minimum, or we massively **** up this summer. Catastrophically.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyBM said:

eh?

You said we have a lot more building to do.  We've just bought 90% of a team, have new management, owner and senior backroom staff.  What more building do you expect to be done?

Time to gel - sure.  Things might not all go smoothly - sure.  But what more building do you expect?