Where do you think we will finish?

Demitri_C

Where will we Finish?  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Now our summer business is over where do you think we will finish?

I get that we have signed some top championship players and I do think we will finish in the top 6, but I just want to know why the rest of you think the squad now is a lot better?

After the Bristol City game there was a lot of posts suggesting we are going to struggle, so I guess I want to know, what's made some of you change your mind since that match?

12 minutes ago, AvfcTheObsession said:

While I'd rate our squad as probably in the top 2 in the league, I think we've had the hangover of last season to contend with, and a lot more upheaval than most sides as 75% of what I expect to be our first 11 haven't played together before.

Therefore I'm saying around 4th and play-offs.

Did all the typing for me, my thoughts exactly. 

13 minutes ago, AvfcTheObsession said:

While I'd rate our squad as probably in the top 2 in the league, I think we've had the hangover of last season to contend with, and a lot more upheaval than most sides as 75% of what I expect to be our first 11 haven't played together before.

Therefore I'm saying around 4th and play-offs.

Way to close the thread with the first response *rolly eyes* ;)

• Like 2

emotions run high after a loss and people overreact and all the negativity spills out. dont think anybody actually believes we will struggle to stay up. we have a good squad and set up. we have some baggage but should still be in the top 8, probably the qualifiers

6 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I get that we have signed some top championship players and I do think we will finish in the top 6, but I just want to know why the rest of you think the squad now is a lot better?

After the Bristol City game there was a lot of posts suggesting we are going to struggle, so I guess I want to know, what's made some of you change your mind since that match?

Its like @AvfcTheObsession posted, the hangover from last season has trickled into the squad. We most definitely have the players now its just time for the coaching staff to step up and earn their quorn so to speak. I think, (pessimistic in me) we'll at least get to the play offs once we get into the nitty gritty of the season and may be there or thereabouts when the silverware is handed out. 

The playoffs should play right into our hands.  We will take time to build up a head of steam.  We may or may not be playing catchup for much of the season in terms of the prize places.  But if we're going to be flying at any point then it's more likely to be towards the end, so if we can get into the playoff places then we'll probably be there in good form.  And I'd fancy this team against anyone in the division, and what's more, we'll more than likely not be contending with Newcastle in those playoffs so, yeah, easy peasy :) 

37 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Cant be much more difficult to be better than a team that managed two measly wins last season

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Cant be much more difficult to be better than a team that managed two measly wins last season

He's asking what has changed in the minds of people who thought we'd struggle after the Bristol City defeat to now.

• Like 1

Play offs should easily be achieved with the squad we have and the money spent, poor start but i think we will just click in one game soon and win 4 or 5-0 and kick on from there. Every game we've played so far we've had chances to put the game to bed but never have hopefully this ends at forest and we can be in and around top 2 at Christmas.